MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning (/showthread.php?tid=817)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - DaniFixe - 06-13-2010

I'm looking to the sun with eyes open too,but with one eye at time. Not both at same time.Must say that is very relaxation.

Re: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - corey90 - 06-25-2010

Do not ever stare directly into the sun due to the possibility of eye damage and blindness! Can you give me the best technique in sun gazing.

Re: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - 2xtreme2fit - 07-07-2010

From my experiences, I've never sustained any permanent eye damage, let alone blindness. The after-images always disappear after a while. The relaxation can be increased by swinging the Sun (in memory or simultaneously looking at the Sun).
I once looked at the Sun for 6 minutes - the resulting after-image shrunk to a pin point in an hour & disappeared the following day.
I looked at the Sun the next day as well.

Re: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - coba_aja - 03-30-2011

I do sunning and sky gazing.
I just recently find bates methods and try bates method.
Because i can not do sun gazing right now because its too bright, i just do skygazing untill i can do sungazing. Just by looking at the sky is hurting my eyes, so i have to adapt to it first.

The benefit that i "think" i receieve is that i have an improvement in night vision. When in my house at night with my reduce prescription, it was a bit dark. Now after skygazing and sunning, it is brighter.

Re: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - jamilah - 07-12-2011

When sun rises and sun sets that time is good to watch sun, and it is full of relaxation. But in the day time it could burn your eyes...

RE: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - XrayEcho - 07-08-2014

(06-04-2010, 11:14 AM)Deliverance Wrote: Has anyone tried the sungazing with eyes open?, but someone who has practiced this for months?... I've hear that you can get a lot of benefits, the indian man called Hira Ratan Manek said this. (but on safe hours, of course)

I've been following the HRM sungazing method for approx. 6 months. Sungazing is one the things I really look forward to on a daily basis. My vision does seem clearer and sharper, plus floaters were present in my vision and are now almost completed gone.

There are quite a few benefits one can receive from sungazing as I understand. There is documented evidence from teams of Drs. and scientists who observed Mr. HRM during his processes for many years. I find it relaxing, revitalizing, and my focus and energies are pretty much right on point.

I am normally up at 5:00 am every morning to catch sunrise and if needed I catch sunset approx. 5:30 pm which works well. Clouds tend to block the sun unexpectedly which allows me to get some minutes in the morning and hopefully the remaining minutes in the evening. Morning is especially good for me because I am completely relaxed throughout my entire being...and that is an advantage...relaxation.

RE: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - Nancy - 07-22-2014

Someone sent me a PM today noting my big gains from when I started vision improvement, and wondering if I do sunning. (Funny that some folks wonder why I'm not 20/20 yet, probably those with mild prescriptions, and those with high prescriptions are impressed, because they can feel like there's no hope. It all depends where you're coming from.) Anyway, this is most of my answer, to keep all the communication here for everyone to benefit.
I live in NY, so right now is the most light we have all year, and I spend as much time outside as I can. I practice looking at the sun with my eyes gently closed, moving my face slowly back and forth or up and down. Or I do the Long Swing, closing my eyes when I'm directly facing the sun if it's really bright, then opening them when I'm past it. I also have full-spectrum light bulbs in the house, to give my eyes the best illumination possible.

My eyes are much less sensitive to bright light than they used to be when I was wearing strong hard contacts, and I hardly ever squint now, but it took some practice to undo the bad habits of decades. Here's a post I wrote about Light Sensitivity which might help: http://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/giving-a-vision-lesson-for-light-sensitivity/

Just because you have high myopia, don't be discouraged. Notice little improvements, what you CAN see. There's a lot of help available on David's forum, and I'll re-post most of this there, for others to see as well. You can do it!

RE: Sungazing / Sun Treatment / Sunning - David - 07-24-2014

I think sensitivity to sunlight is mainly an exaggeration of how someone with blurry vision reacts to all light. Intense light is more uncomfortable to mishandle. But you can take advantage of that by using sunlight as an opportunity to practice opening your eyes, keeping your body and eyes relaxed, forget about trying to see, and focus on how comfortable you can stay while starting to just think about some of the details that you MIGHT see if you were to look. And your eyes will be naturally directed towards them, but without you trying to make it so.

The good or bad things to do aren't as obvious under indoor conditions because the feedback isn't so harsh.