MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I keep learning and unlearning the method? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
I keep learning and unlearning the method? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I keep learning and unlearning the method? (/showthread.php?tid=825)

I keep learning and unlearning the method? - aurum-femina - 06-01-2008

On some days, I have been able to have good relaxation by doing palming and central fixation and have many clear flashes a day. But then on some days I feel like I just can't achieve what I've been doing for the past three or so days and develop strain.

Has anyone here ever been in this situation? If so, how were you able to get out of it? Thanks for your answers! :)

Re: I keep learning and unlearning the method? - onamission - 06-01-2008

Just keep practicing.Remember you are unlearning the habit of straining.Bates said in the strain chapter of his book that the patient has to struggle with the idea to do anything well requires effort.So basically you are practicing relaxation and securing it by gaining mental control.When you obtain perfect sight and keep it,it means you have controlled your habit of straining to see. If you go back to blurry vision you are straining once again. Hope this helps

Re: I keep learning and unlearning the method? - aurum-femina - 06-01-2008

Yes, it does. :) I think I should read that chapter over again.

I've also just noticed that when I've gotten into stressful situations (semester finals worth 25% of my grade, getting into an argument with someone, etc.), I've had a hard time getting out of strain. I hope eventually those tests and arguments won't have as big of an influence on my sight as I keep doing the method. :)

thats another thing bates mentioned in that same chapter."Temporary conditions may contribute to the strain to see but its foundation lies in the wrong habit of thoughts".The temporary condition in your case is the stress etc.Deal with the situation then continue your relaxation practices.You wont be fully relaxed when your stress or have your mind else where.

thats another thing bates mentioned in that same chapter."Temporary conditions may contribute to the strain to see but its foundation lies in the wrong habit of thoughts".The temporary condition in your case is the stress etc.Deal with the situation then continue your relaxation practices.You wont be fully relaxed when your stress or have your mind else where.Try taking some deep breathes to calm the body and mind before doing the bates method if your feeling stress.look up relaxation breathing on google you should see good articles on breathing excersices."meant to add this in last post"