MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) (/showthread.php?tid=839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-16-2008

Be very careful!
I really care about your eye health.
Contact lenses cause many cornea, eye injuries, infection, loss of eye has happened.
People that sell contacts do not mention this.
Contact lense solutions also cause infection and other eye problems.
The Bates method returns the brain, eye muscles, eyes to normal function without eye injury, risk.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 06-16-2008

Varangian, it appears as though buying his kit (in which he does not include the lenses) is primarily to help him fund his research on myopia and astigmatism. However, I would be welcome to fund it, but i also want the lenses.

I believe that therapeutic is everything that does NOT cut open the body. So therefore cutting the eye and inserting an artificial cornea (or whatever) only proves that western medicine has little respect for how the body works.

Based on my ortho K, the western solution to eyesight healing, it does not offer permanent results. And this got me thinking. I believe that the ophthalmologists do know how to alter myopia and probably pretty quickly.

Varangian, if you manage to work out a deal with him in which he actually offers instructions in receiving the lenses, perhaps you could help me get them as well. Thankyou.

He does not seem to be responding to my emails.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-16-2008

Hi. I will be getting his book. I have been in correspondence with him a few times now..
I'd like to share the information if he is willing for me to. Perhaps we might go to private email
if that is better for this forum, I don't know how it'll go.. ?

He is travelling a lot right now so that is why his replies for you may be delayed.

Regards, its me 8) -> the sun is shining here today.. I think we may finally see summer come !
Last week it felt like February !

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 06-16-2008

did he mention anything about how to get the lenses.

i believe he should utilized the bates community to establish a recognizable relationship between himself and his invention.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-16-2008

Hi. Smile No, he did not.. That was my burning question too...I did ask him . There may be good reasons...
Hopefully the book and further correspondence will reveal themselves !

Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-17-2008

Quote:Varangian, it appears as though buying his kit (in which he does not include the lenses) is primarily to help him fund his research on myopia and astigmatism. However, I would be welcome to fund it, but i also want the lenses.
This one sucks .. I cannot understand what's so special about the lenses

Quote:I believe that therapeutic is everything that does NOT cut open the body. So therefore cutting the eye and inserting an artificial cornea (or whatever) only proves that western medicine has little respect for how the body works.
Cutting the eye and inserting an artificial cornea? This Ortho C doesn't do this

Quote:Based on my ortho K, the western solution to eyesight healing, it does not offer permanent results. And this got me thinking. I believe that the ophthalmologists do know how to alter myopia and probably pretty quickly.
From what he said Ortho C are very different from the Ortho K... they offer some kind of permament results but you have to still prevent by the time you get healed.

Quote:Varangian, if you manage to work out a deal with him in which he actually offers instructions in receiving the lenses, perhaps you could help me get them as well. Thankyou.

He does not seem to be responding to my emails.
Of course I will. I'm still corresponding with him... however lately he didn't replied anything maybe he's abroad or something else I don't know

clarkknight, I have been wearing lenses for about 10 years now... wearing nothing of course is better.. but what do you mean lenses can cause infections etc? That is quite known and if these lenses can reduce the usage of the normal contact lenses, it would be better what do you think?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-17-2008

When contact lenses are prescribed, they are never a perfect fit because the refraction and shape of the eye, cornea changes often.
The eye/cornea changes when looking close and far, when a persons mood, stress level changes, hormones and other body chemicals, functions change, when consuming certain food, drink, medicine and when the refraction of the eye changes causing vision to be clear, less clear and back to clear.
Contacts (even contacts without a prescription) prevent the eye/corneas, natural fluxuation back to normal shape with perfect visual clarity.

When contacts do not fit the cornea, they can irritate and scrape the cornea, leading to ulcers, infection, scars.
One tiny piece of dirt, dust can increase this problem.
Infection can go into the eye.
Contact lense solutions often cause cornea/eye infection.
Loss of the eye can occur.
A man on the tv news had this problem and the infection went into the other eye.
He lost both eyes.
Using contacts to reshape the cornea, eye usually involves placing pressure on the cornea, eye.
This will increase the chance of cornea injury since the contacts will not fit the eye to begin with.

I have found that deep relaxation of the mind along with massage of the neck, shoulder muscles and basic, easy shifting, central fixation (attention to fine details on objects) and switching practice only once, twice a day for only 2 to 5 minutes can bring vision improvement.
Once the basics of the Bates method are practiced, the eyes, brain, visual system will activate them on their own, a subconscious, automatic, normal, correct eye function.
Vision will remain clear without constant practice.
Hypnotists can enable a person with 20/80 (and more unclear) distant vision to see a distant object clear by placing the person into deep hypnosis/relaxation and placing the positive thought of clear vision in the persons mind.
If the person can learn to practice self hypnosis or another relaxation method and create positive thoughts, clear mental pictures of objects in the mind, they can maintain clarity.
I like Robert Monroes tapes on focus 10 state relaxation.
His book "Journeys out of the body" also has a relaxation method.
See the link on http://cleareyesight.info.
The book is free at most libraries.
Good luck and healthy eyes.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-17-2008

Why wear contact lenses?
Eyeglasses are safer than contact lenses, they let in alittle more natural light around the frames and can be taken off often.
Contacts completely block out all full spectrum light form entering the pupil.
The eye, brain, body recieves constant unbalanced light.
Contacts are difficult to remove and put back on so the person usually wears them all day, never giving the eyes a chance to improve their shape and the clarity of vision.
My nephew is a very handsome teenager.
He has been wearing contacts because he does not want the girls to see him in glasses.
He was recently charged $500.00 for contacts and they have caused a cornea ulcer.
He has begun using the Bates method and stopped use of the contacts and does not wear glasses.
His eye doctor never told him about the Bates method or eye injury caused by contact lenses.
He has 20/40 to 20/50 vision, which is easily corrected but no one ever told him how to gain clear vision naturally.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-17-2008

Hi Clarknight. You mentioned your nephew got a corneal ulcer from the contact lenses . Did he get the infection from the contact lenses not being fitted properly by the optometrist ? Does he now have a scar ?
Usually infections are caused by abrasions from other sources such as accidents which happen outside, or probably just as commonely neglect in cleaning and/or wear. This is not start a debate, but to be honest, and I know a lot of friends/ people who wear contact lenses.. I have never heard of an infection starting from just solely a contact lens practiced with good hygiene and a a proper fitting. Recently my optometrist told me that someone lost both their eyes as well and had
to have a corneal transplant. They had worn the same disposable contact lenses for 6 months! eek.
Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-18-2008

clarkknight..... but what you'r saying is already known...this is like saying that the air is polluted but we still breath

I limit contacts to once a week, and never had infections for 10 years now.

In fact this John Yee William (forgot the name) asked me about if I ever wore contact lenses.

I cannot understand what's the exact problem about these lenses. clarkkknight you'r missing the point that these lenses are supposed to be worn 3 times a week and around 15 minutes or so which is much more different to those that wear contacts everyday which I know a lot of people do. So what is the exact risk?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-18-2008

To itsme
The eye doctor was not sure how the infection occured.
My nephew said the eye kept feeling sandy, became red, then a tiny bubble, ulcer appeared on the cornea, then white infection grew on eye.
The ulcer caused alot of blur, astigmatism like effect in the eye and he could not see with that eye; just light and blur.
He stopped wearing the contacts, then he got desperate while waiting for a doctor appointment and used his own saliva from under his tounge and placed it on the ulcer, very lightly moving the saliva on the ulcer with his finger.
This broke up the ulcer, or the debris that was stuck on the cornea and his vision returned to normal.
He said he thought he had a scar but after removing the ulcer/debris he cornea is ok.
His doctor wants to sell him a new pair of contacts but he wont buy/use contact lenses again.

To Varangian
Even though the contacts are worn for only 3x week, 15 min i cannot advise using contact lenses.
Placing any foriegn object, including contact lenses on the eye will cause the eye to activate its normal function of rejecting the object.
Forcing the eye/cornea to wear the contacts even for a short time can still cause injury.
People do not hear of the many injuries caused by contact lenses because eye doctors hide this information from public.
Contact lenses solutions are often contaminated at the factory or after purchase.
If you are going to use the contacts i cant advise using the Bates method at the same time because the Bates method relaxes and improves eye muscle function which will result in the eye cornea changing shape, returning to normal shape for correct focus of llight rays in the eye and clear vision.
The contacts will not fit the changeing eye, cornea shape.
You can get more information on this subject through links on Thomas Quackenbushes web site; http://www.NaturalVisionCenter.com

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 06-18-2008

clarkknight that's quite a story. Perhaps your nephew was lacking hygenic tactics in putting his contacts on. Because using his own finger to clean his own eye seems kind of vulgar and may infer that he was not responsible with his contacts. Or perhaps contacts are dangerous for some people.

Anyway, clarkknight, you don't know how these contacts work so you can't use your anecdotes as evidence against them. I'm not going to lick my finger and then put them on (no offense to your nephew)

but here is my story

I started the bates method at 17 years old 2007

On christmas my mom got me a book called "the secret" in which rhonda byrnes talks about how she healed her eyesight in 3 days with positive thought.
I got so excited that I threw away my contacts that christmas.
Then, with a juvenile mind, i believed i could cure my -4.25 in 3 days with positive thought.
I later found out that i could not. So i searched on the internet, found bates instantly. got quackenbush's big messy book and practiced palming etc.. I blink breathe and sketched, and practiced on the eyechart. I think i got some good gains, maybe improving my vision a bit.

But then school started (senior year) and i sought of stopped the palming etc..
I never put on my contacts or my glasses ( to improve discipline i snapped the glasses and biffed the contacts ahahahahahahaahahaha MAUAHAHAHAHAH! and my mom doesn't know about it! )
Then i remember the first day back, there was a quiz and i could barely see the tv. So i sat up close, and i still couldn't see, what the hell?
So i got a zero on that quiz, 0/30. It was shocking and scary, however i knew that i desperately wanted my own eyes back without the use of laser, it seems once a laser has been put in your eye, your eyes never stays the same.
So i went on an incredible journey through researching nutrition to lifestyle habits and somewhat applying them.

I'm in the best shape i've ever been. They claim that regaining eyesight is only a byproduct of the bates method.

However its summer now and i'm utilizing the sun and free time to improve my vision.

What's funny is i am using pinhole glasses to see the computer screen. I look like a thug. And i used them in my math class. (In school I got a 3.4 gpa while nearsighted, not bad eh?)

But whats agitating me is the fact that i've got university coming up in a top university, and i want to be as prepared as i can be

So when someone claims they can therapeutically repair eyesight quickly. What do I say? Well if contacts can worsen your vision, then i'm sure they can help them. And ortho c doesn't involve cutting up the eye. He's a police officer and martial arts expert, do you really think he would be unethical and sell a scam based on those two professions?

and I DO NOT want to resort back to glasses because i've done so much work trying to avoid using them ya know!

god damn! I remember when my perscription would get worse and worse and my mom would point to me at the optometrists and say 'oh jay, you're getting older!' in a voice that made it seem like a higher prescription was awesome and expected.

I don't point to her wrinkles and say 'wow you're getting older too, good job!'

Then when i started bates, she got defensive of western medicine (she's had lasik) and she ridiculed the idea. And she hasn't really supported me that well with it throughout the 6 months. Althought she has started buying more fruit. I switched to fruit and protein, supposedly berries are helpful etc... I've even changed my profession to natural medicine, (it was going to be a doctor, engineer, or programmer etc...)

my mom CLAIMS that she DOESN'T have the money for a natural vision mentor, yet she goes and spends countless money on useless shit. Sometimes she claims she DOESN'T have money for fruit and vegetables, she says she can't afford an organic diet; usa may be down right now, but i then see countless cookies in the pantry. Which i resist. What's her excuse? "You're sister has to eat." Just for the record, my sister has -0.75 and my mom says she looks great in her glasses. You she looks like a stupid dork

Anyway, back to the point, I need my vision to be acceptable before i got to university, and if what john yee is offering is the real deal, then i'm all for it and i'll take the risks, it seems right.

peace homes.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-18-2008

Clarknight - I'm SO glad to hear your nephew is OK because he is so young.. I do hope that he NEVER puts spit into his eye again, contacts or not. Saliva is not sterile, it contains bacteria & viruses !

On another note, John Yee has given me permission to share basic parts of his book with anyone who's interested here.
He doesn't want anyone to monopolize on it, and wants it to be affordable to anyone. I understand the contact
lenses are no more expensive than the prescription ones. So, once I get the book, I hope it'll all help us to understand
the method more fully, and then be able to make a better informed decision.
I will post once I get the book and read it.

Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-19-2008

I realize i cannot convince everyone to go natural and use the Bates method.
Most people want a quick fix.
My nephew did not have a infection... and did not put his finger in his eye to remove the ulcer/debris until after he got the problem from the contact lenses and could not get a appointment with the doctor.
I teach the Bates method and a few modern Natural eyesight Improvement methods only.
I will never advise use of contact lenses.
I also prefer people to avoid eyeglasses when it is possible.
All contacts are unhealthy, often causing eye injury.
A person that is a police officer and karate instructor is not to be assumed as honest and experienced in safe, natural vision improvement.
I am busy working on our web site for teaching free Bates and other natural methods and will not be able to continually give advice on the same contact lense subject posted here.
I am not a doctor.
I only have my own experience, training in Bates method, physical therapy and my students vision improvement to relate.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-19-2008

clarkknight - no-one is arguing whether the Bathes method are good or not. But it requires far more discipline and sometimes not everyone can achieve that and to dismiss people to go away is not the right thing (not that you did Wink

but everyone wants a quick fix... and this is obvious who doesn't want it?

It's worthed to give it a try and it costs nothing. Just fueling your car once a week. just to give it a try there's nothing to loose I already wear contact lenses so if anything happens it would be because of the normal contact lenses as well.

Thanks itsme for your future info about the book.
Btw you ordered it from amazon or from his website?