MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) (/showthread.php?tid=839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-19-2008

Hi John. Neither Wink

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-20-2008

ok but you said you'r getting the book... from where you'r getting it?

btw Varangian is not John.. Smile because I thought you were addressing someone else at first.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-20-2008

I'm sorry Varangian :-\ for thinking you were John! Sometimes I read things too fast :Smile Smile Big Grin
RE: book - A friend is giving it to me as a gift.. I have -3.5 myop. + -2.75 astig in right eye.

Take care, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-22-2008

Yes!!!
Please keep promotion of laser cornea eye surgery off this forum.
People are trying to improve the health of their eyes and clarity of vision here.
Lasik destroys eye health and brings more vision problems.
Did you know that the cornea and lens absorbs/controls the amount of sunlight and uv light entering the eye?
Removing part of the cornea impairs this function leaving the eye, lens, retina overexposed to uv... light.
Many other vision problems occur immediately after or a while into the future after lasik.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - David - 06-24-2008

The spammer has been removed and his post deleted also. I was out of town for a few days. Thanks for the reports. I also deleted most of the replies to the spammer - I'm sure you understand.

Dave

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-26-2008

have you heard anything from John William Lee itsme?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-26-2008

Thanks david!

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-26-2008

Hi Varangian. Yes, I have kept in contact with him however I haven't received his book. I think I should
have it by next week for sure. I'm sure I will have a whole new bunch of questions and comments
for him once I read it..

I will for sure, post under this thread to let you know I have the book !
Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-27-2008

but when was the last time he contacted you?

because he started contacting me but then he suddenly stopped......

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-27-2008

Hi Varangian. I know he said he was travelling quite a bit around the Provinces. I heard from him 2 -3 days ago.. but I don't expect to hear from him again until after I've read the book and emailed him again.
Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-27-2008

Hi . I got the book "Reversing Nearsightedness" today!
I'll probably have it read by Monday. I'll post again, sometime then.

Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 06-27-2008

Cool

Just skip to the part about the contacts, and any unusual methods that we don't know about

How to use the contacts?

where to get the contacts?

speed read

thx.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-28-2008

Just a short answer for now ..
You need to go to an optometrist or behavioural optometrist that is WILLING to help you to do this method. They will
take the measurements of your cornea et all and order you a prescriptionless flexible hard lens (ie. Boston EO) according to the book. I would imagine though that if the optometrist is not familiar with the method, they'd want to see/read the book .. I think it would only be normal. There is a lot of indepth complex information in the book on the procedure - re: your question how to use the contacts Jaylc. I will be honest and say that I could not answer your question well enough. There are pages upon pages... I'll try to answer what I can, but from reading what I have up to now,if you are really interested, you have to get the book.

p.s. Amongst many other respected people, Otis Brown gave John a nice endorsement at the back of the book!

Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 06-28-2008

So let's add up the costs...

$40 for the book
$2 for shipping
$100 to get a behavior optomotrist to make the measurements and then also work with you in achieving the lenses. Ofcourse you may or may not have insurances coverage of this visit. (so could be higher)
$100 for the lenses (he says they cost as much as normal lenses, but ofcourse normal lenses without the insurance)
$15 shipping for contact lenses, especially the fact that he lives all the way in canada

followed by a 50% risk

roughly $260 to reverse your nearsighted a significant amount, and also receive information in his book.
Seems okay I guess
I mean my 18th is coming up.

So are you pretty damn sure this is going to work?
Are you going to try it?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-28-2008

Hi jaylc. I would try to get just a plain optometrist to help you, that would be much cheaper. However, the question
is, will you be able to find one ? The contact lenses can be ordered in U.S too so don't worry about extra shipping costs from Canada. As for supervision, that is up to you.

If you are asking me if it's going to work.. hmmm, I don't think I can advise you. I am on the same side as you
so probably only John himself can advise you depending on your prescription strength. Is your prescription low ?
If it is, then your chances are probably very very good.

I would like to try it.. I'm not sure if I will this year, though. I've had a lot of eye trauma this year and am still very sensitive.

Anyways, I still need to finish the book, and I still want to ask John a lot more questions!
I hope one day his invention will fly and it'll be available to anyone.

Regards, Its me Smile