MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) (/showthread.php?tid=839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 06-29-2008

Still trying to sell this dangerous method of forcing the cornea/eye to change shape with contacts?
The lady that works at our post office recently developed cornea abrasion, infection from contact lenses.
Cannot see through the cornea in that eye now.
Hopefully will heal.
I gave her www.cleareyesight.info and copy of free Bates book.

Another lady had cornea laser surgery.
Man thinking about trying it.
Gave him Bates info and he has decided to stay away from laser surgery.
Little vision improvement starting.
Very thick eyeglasses but now on reduced, weaker lenses.
Using full spectrum lamp and open windows at work and turned off flourscent lights.
Starting to go without eyeglasses for first time in 20 years.

Also; see new warning against harmful new treatment "use of strong plus lenses" on cleareyesight.info, reduced eyeglass lenses chapter.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-29-2008

so itsme....

there's nothing that it seems to be straightforward....

wearing just contacts wouldn't improve anything?
flexible hard lens?! what are these? In his website he doesn't say you need to get involved an optometrist.....

is it a complex thing?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-30-2008

Hi Varangian. I've sent a note to John regarding the Boston EO. As far as I can see from some websites I've
visited I can only buy one with a prescription so I am wondering too if this is only an optometrist can order.
I'll get back to you with an answer. For sure though you need to get the measurements of your eye from the optometrist .
You don't necessarily have to keep visiting them. In the book it mentions that John does help and advise a lot
it you are going through the method. It's not really complex, but very precise and detailed.

Regards, Its Me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 06-30-2008

you mean the kerameter reading of the eye?

That's what John recently told me about.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 06-30-2008

yes, correct. once you have the readings the book will then explain which size lens you need...

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 06-30-2008

So you go get a kerameter reading from any optometrist

and that's all you need from the optometrist?

Then you can carry on with the method without the optometrist?

Do optometrist give you printouts immediately after you take all the necessary K tests?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - overkill - 07-01-2008

Hi all, excuse me for butting in on this thread. I have been considering John Yee's system for some time now. I have not taken the plunge at least partly for the same reasons that people here seem to be concerned with. It has proven pretty much impossible to get any kind of testimony/validation from anyone who has tried this method. The only thing I could get out of him was that the people he had treated were police and therefore their identities were not to be made public. I would have thought that perhaps he had more clients than just the cops at some station. Perhaps things have changed since the time he made this statement.

I am thinking of trying to find an optometrist who is willing to spend the time to understand it and provide an opinion. Has anyone here tried it or made any headway in procuring the necessary contacts ?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Alice - 07-01-2008

I have been in correspondence with John Yee also and he promised to send me the book but never did. From description his lenses look like the usual hard contact lenses that have been popular for a while but are not used anymore as they have been replaced by soft contacts which are more comfortable. His lenses are also very expensive. From all his letters it sounded he just wanted to make a quick buck. Needless to say I did not order them. He never explained how the method worked either.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Varangian - 07-02-2008

Alice I think you have to buy.... itsme got it from Amazon.
they are not hard contact lenses.... they are RGP... from what he told the lenses Bauch and Lomb's Boston EO and are RGP lenses. Rigid Gas lenses

overkill: I am in correspondce with someone who claims that they worked for him .. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chikung-unlimited.com/Contact-Lenses.html">http://www.chikung-unlimited.com/Contact-Lenses.html</a><!-- m -->
check that out! and contact her/him..... that's only one i found.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 07-02-2008

Hi Jay. Yes, all you need from the optometrist is a Keratometer reading and an eye examination.
You would then correspond with John and he will help you along the way as needed.

your question: Do optometrist give you printouts immediately after you take all the necessary K tests?
my answer: I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean, but I would assume that if you ask, they should give you
something with you K reading on it.
Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - overkill - 07-02-2008

Varangian, I had seen that website (qicong or whatever) as well. I don't know, somehow that just doesn't feel like an impartial opinion - but I might try contacting her anyway.

What is your own interest/experience with ortho-c ?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - itsme - 07-02-2008

I need to correct myself, sorry. Ortho C contact lenses will be purchased from John who will send them to you.
I personally don't feel/think he's out to make a quick buck. I found the price reasonable considering everything.
Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 07-02-2008

Responses to John Yee's 'Reversing Nearsighted'

Dr. Roberto Kaplan, O.D., M.Ed., FCOS. Board Certified in Vision Therapy
"A good concept, given the current trend to surgically lasering the cornea in order to correct nearsightedness."

Dr. Bhiku Jethalal, M.D., F.R.C.P. Internal Medicine and Nutritional Counselling, Contributing Writer, Toronto Star
"Well thought out. An important alternative to existing methods of correcting nearsightedness."

Book Description
Shocked by the news that you are nearsighted. Or perhaps you have been nearsighted for a long time, and you sort of gave up on a cure—except for laser surgery. But suppose you can’t afford the cost (and risk) of laser surgery.

Not to worry. There is another option. At a fraction of the cost, you can naturally reverse the myopic shape of the lens and eyeball without tampering with the cornea.

And it will only take ten (10) minutes. Sounds incredible? Not really. John Will Yee has been performing this procedure, called orthoculogy (Latin for "correcting the whole eyeball"), for the last ten years. Find out how it is done.

About the Author
John William Yee was born in Glace Bay, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. He graduated from Saint Mary’s University, University of Waterloo, Ryerson University, and Alberta Institute of Technology. He studied philosophy, psychology, mechanical engineering, and optometry.

Reversing Nearsightedness is his eighth "speciality" book where he applies natural means of altering the curvature of the whole eye (the cornea, the lens, and the eyeball) to "reverse" one’s nearsightedness—instead of just changing the curvature of a part of the eye (like the cornea, for example, by means of laser surgery or orthokeratology; or the lens, by means of intraocular lens implant).

He taught creative writing at York University and high school English and math (grade 12 and OAC). At present, he still conducts research, offers seminars, and is preparing his next book on altering severe nearsightedness. He is also a martial arts instructor. He specializes in teaching several styles of martial arts and self-defense to youths and officers of the Toronto Police Service.

He was also an officer with the Toronto Police, and he continues to correct the vision of potential police officers who failed the vision requirement.

When he’s not busy pounding away at the keyboard or the heavy bag, he does volunteer work to help kids.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - overkill - 07-02-2008

jaylc185, what is your interest in this ? Have you tried John's method of treating nearsightedness ?

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jaylc185 - 07-02-2008

hey overkill!

I am interested in this because the main excuse ophthalmologists use against the bates method is that the main reason for nearsighted is the length of the cornea

and that the lack of any 'wow' success in the bates method is due to this simple factor.

Therefore, when someone offers to naturally reshape the eye, with addition to the bates method; it makes sense, and may be what the bates method needs in conjunction with its own relaxation-exercises.

Have I tried it? No, trust me, if I had I would be providing more information.

Which brings up the next part of this post.

I believe I am the perfect candidate for the Ortho C by John William Yee

My annual eyesight exam is coming up and i am going to get a K meter reading in addition to my regular agenda.

Also, my 18th birthday is on July 26, giving me money to pay for this.

Here's what I propose

In this forum channel, we are a bunch of cats trying to make estimations on the effects of wearing wings

(to explain my weird analogy) We are all making predictions on the effects of wearing contacts we have not worn.

To solve this problem, I bravely propose that I be the Luther C. of this Ortho C system, (Luther C was the first man to die in the Civil War).

I propose that I be the first to take on this experiment.

- I have nothing to lose -,

Being this committed, however, I don't feel that I should have to pay the $35

To Itsme...

Itsme, you claim that you are not going to go through with the ortho C
due to your eye traumas.
Do you think you could photocopy all the necessary pages that are required to
access the contacts and effectively use them?

Or send me the book... But I don't think you'll be up for that.

And in retaliation, I will, out of the goodness of my heart, write a daily report
on what is going on and give a continuous explanation of what is happening.

including, eyechart day 1, eyechart day 2,

Noteworthy observations etc...

So, itsme if you would be so kind and save me $40

Could you please send me the necessary pages?

thanks
Jay

thankyou.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started" Mark Twain.