MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) (/showthread.php?tid=839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Uerub - 04-27-2009

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm not really interested in the Bates Method, but I'm curious about Ortho-C

I think what Julesmoz means is that the reversingnearsightedness.com sells the book (and some other things included with it), but does not come with the contact lenses. I have the same question as well. I'm guessing that once you order the book, there are instructions included on getting your keratometer reading and ordering your contact lenses from John. By the way, has anybody else had success with ortho-c? I'm considering to try it out and post my results, maybe even start a blog like Jay was going to do.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Zyxzed - 05-23-2010

Hello,

has any1 tried the method?
I am really interested in it, as I am -1.5 and I need my eyes for sports.. was using contact lenses but stopped and returned to glassess as it was much more easy and my eyes felt better.

did any1 tried the fixing lenses ??

please respond I really need my eyes back Sad

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - noneother - 09-01-2010

yes, what's the consensus on this method?

oh i found an interesting experience here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sites.google.com/site/myopiaorg/nvi-techniques">http://sites.google.com/site/myopiaorg/nvi-techniques</a><!-- m -->

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Zyxzed - 02-16-2011

noneother Wrote:yes, what's the consensus on this method?

oh i found an interesting experience here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sites.google.com/site/myopiaorg/nvi-techniques">http://sites.google.com/site/myopiaorg/nvi-techniques</a><!-- m -->

tnx! :o Smile Smile

I'm most likely gonna buy this and try it out and post my experiances!

I just contacted them via their e-mail <!-- e --><a href="mailto:theeyefix@email.com">theeyefix@email.com</a><!-- e --> !

Can't w8 for their reply!

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Zyxzed - 02-17-2011

Wahhhh, stil no reply ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Jambo2000 - 06-12-2011

hello, sorry for bumping the thread. I want to buy the ortho c lenses, but i'm curious does they really work? did somebody try them? it's just sounds to good to be true that's all.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Nancy - 06-13-2011

What I've heard anecdotally about this is that you have to keep wearing the lenses all night every night and then you can see more clearly during the day, that it's not a permanent fix. I'm thinking, how could you sleep restfully with something in your eye? Also, like Lasik, it's not doing anything to address your underlying habits of misuse and strain. Sounds like mechanical Lasik to me, a "quick fix" which really isn't.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Jambo2000 - 06-14-2011

no...you are talking about ortho k, ortho c is something different.

here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reversingnearsightedness.com/">http://www.reversingnearsightedness.com/</a><!-- m -->

you need to wear them only for a couple of minutes a day and the results are permanent. Atleast that what he claims.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - JMartinC4 - 06-14-2011

Jambo2000 Wrote:no...you are talking about ortho k, ortho c is something different. here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reversingnearsightedness.com/">http://www.reversingnearsightedness.com/</a><!-- m -->
you need to wear them only for a couple of minutes a day and the results are permanent. Atleast that what he claims.
I think any vision improvement method that simply addresses the eyeball is as misguided and ignorant as the lenses and surgery they think they're replacing.
How will it affect eye dominance?
How will it resynchronize the user's eyes?
How will it reactivate the optic chiasm?
How will it help the user reorient themself?
Maybe those necessary aspects of normal vision will magically occur as a result of the magical orthoK or orthoC - but what if they don't? Will the eyesight be improved for each individual eye, but the individual themself continue in their misguided pathway and habits? I don't like it.
On a more practical consideration, what kind of additional stresses are put onto the already stressed eyeballs? Sounds to me like you're playing with fire.

Hmmmm...... I just reread the original 2008 post for ortho C and it sounds better than I'd thought. I guess I will have to do some research on it.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - Nancy - 06-14-2011

OK, thanks for correcting me, but it still sounds too good to be true. Most of us were given perfect bodies and eyes at birth, but managed to create lopsided posture or swayback or pigeon toes or myopia or whatever with our incorrect habits, or "use of ourselves" as the Alexander Technique would say. Mechanically changing the shape of the eye without changing the emotional or mental habits of how we use it doesn't seem to me to be a total solution. I'm sticking with my Bates work.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - funnyone - 02-18-2012

Greetings,

I am new to this forum and recently stumbled upon it because I was looking for others who have tried or considered trying ortho c lens. I tried them back in 2007 and wrote some blog posts about them. I wrote today my final experience with them. I can't seem to post my web address but it's under my profile so please read it to learn more.

I don't recommend ortho c. I am going to go with ortho k instead. I had my eyes tested yesterday. Back in 2007, they were -8.5 and -8 and now were -7.5 and -8.25. Initially the ortho c lens improved my eyes by 2 diopters but obviously the improvement is only temporary and not permanent as Yee advertises it.

Someone mentioned he was personable and I agree. I don't think he is trying to scam people, I just don't think he has a good product. Perhaps he's not the best of scientists as it's not peer reviewed and it's just him. At least with other methods like ortho k, there are people working on the idea and it gets peer reviewed.

I hope people can read about my experience. I don't recommend ortho c.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - clarknight - 02-23-2012

All these contact lense treatments are dangerous. Use the Bates Method.

Re: Orthoculogy (Ortho C) - jessi89r - 08-19-2012

How do I find an eye doctor in the US who works with Ortho C. I have only found ones that work with Ortho K. In that case are there any in FL?