MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: get a lot of clear flashes during the day (/showthread.php?tid=966)

Pages: 1 2

get a lot of clear flashes during the day - ho_from_vietnam - 09-06-2008

Hi everyone, I have had some interesting experience since yesterday and I want to share with you.

Since yesterday, I have got a lot of clear flashes during the day. There were so many clear flashes that I even couldn't count. I can say that I got clear flash every 2 or 3 minutes. Sometime, I got clear flashes every 4 or 5 blinking. It has happened like that since yesterday. Today it keep happening like that. I get clear flashes when I blink. I get clear flashes when I shift my gaze. It happened all the time And I find out that those clear flashes only happen to my left eye. (my left eye is always better than my right eye)

This is so strange and I have never ever experience anything like this before. In the past, I did get clear flashes but not as frequently as that.

I hope that is a good sign for my eye sight Smile .

I wonder if anybody here has ever had the same experience like me? I usually think that the only way for me to get 20/20 vision is to improve my eye sight gradually. But with this kind of experience, I think that may be I can get steady 20/20 vision suddenly. Am i crazy ;D ?

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Ram - 09-06-2008

Ho,

That is excellent! I think you are heading to ur 20/10 goal. ;D

Sometimes it is gradual and some times rapid - you cant predict. There is no reason why vision should improve only gradually. Some patients of Dr.Bates were cured within minutes of entering his clinic. It ultimately depends on how quickly you learn to use your eyes. How long does it take to quit smoking? You cant predict tthings like like that. It can take minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years - some people never accomplish it too.

Anyways congrats on your great success and hopefully your improvement will stay permanent. I am looking forward to the day when I can make a post like this - probably months or years away, who knows.( or only days!)

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - ho_from_vietnam - 09-06-2008

Thank you Ram. I hope those clear flashes will keep coming more and more often. And hopefully when I get so many clear flashes, my eye will adopt them and I get 20/20 vision permanently.

In the past 4 months, I have apply Bates method to improve my vision from 20/200 to 20/40. In the past week, my vision kept getting better. So I think that when I get a decent eye sight level (ex: more than 20/40), it is easier for the eye to get clear flashes. Since the difference between 20/40 and 20/20 is not very much, it's easier to get clear flashes during the day. And I hope that since clear flashes keep coming so frequently like that I will reach 20/20 level soon. Thank God!

And Ram, I am sure that you can improve your vision to 20/20 too. And another thing I want to say is: even it takes months or years to get 20/20 vision, it's not a matter at all. You will improve your vision week after week, month after month and you don't need to wait until you get 20/20 vision to enjoy your result. You feel happier when your vision become better, even if it only gets slightly better. Small vision improvement (for example from 20/200 to 20/150, or 20/100 to 20/70) ALWAYS makes HUGE difference in your daily vision quality. So you enjoy your vision every single day because you know that your vision is getting better and you do see better every months Smile In my case, I don't expect those clear flashes come so often like that. I usually think that It will takes months to get 20/20 vision. And I really don't care if it even takes 1 or 2 years because I get and enjoy benefit of vision improvement every single day Smile Good luck to you Ram Smile

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Ram - 09-06-2008

Yeah I know how much difference to life even moderate improvement can make! I feel like having new eyes even at 20/200 now because I was only 5/200 four months ago. The difference in the quality is astounding though 20/200 may still appear poor by comparison with normal. My improved flashes go upto 20/70 so I hope that I have good chances to improve further. I dont expect a miracle ( will take it if it happens) and I would be hoping to get normal vision in 2-3 years time. I need some rest really - I am virtually abusing my eyes with too much work and unless I get a break I dont fancy my chances for rapid improvement.

The reason is I want to retire at 37 and enjoy my life and at thirty five now I work very hard to save enough to spend the rest of my life in comfort with very leisurely or no job. I have been planning this for six years and have come close to a stage where my dream would materialize. The improved vision as of now will help me immensely because my eyes no longer bother me in the form of aches and pains. I can really work untiringly for long hours now but this will retard my progress.

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - harold08 - 09-07-2008

OMG, ho_from_vietnam, i can say that right now as i speak i am gettin those very frequent and long lasting clear flashes right now! wot i've learnt is that i should relax and use central fixation and shifting like normal people- but im not forcing anything and im not forcing to try get clear flashes. They just naturally come!! u just have to believe and ignore ur eyes - i hope one day it becomes a habit and a permanent clear flash!

Special Thanks to clarknight for the website, as i discovered more about shifting + central fixation Wink

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - ho_from_vietnam - 09-07-2008

Oh, it's a good sign harold08. your vision must be better now? keep us updated with your progress Smile

Ram: you have an amazing plan. Retiring at the age of 37 sounds so great. You must be very smart and a very good software professional and earning very good salary ;D Your plan impresses me.very much. In my opinion, your plan is much bigger and much harder to accomplish than getting 20/20 vision. You are going to complete your big plan of your life, so there is no doubt that you are going to get 20/20 vision one day. You are a kind of man that knows what you want and can work hard to get it, so recovering from myopia is not a problem with you Smile

And I give you a quick update of my progress. After 3 days of getting very frequent clear flashes, my eye sight has improved a lot. It's much better now. I still haven't had 20/20 vision yet but I can say that my vision is much better than it was 3 days ago. And those frequent clear flashes sill remain and I experience them all day long. Interestingly, Those clears flashes not only changed my vision but also changed my brain. In the past, even with 20/40 vision, when I saw a distant objects I usually saw them a little blurry. And I used to think that it's OK to see blurry object because I was myopic. But now those clear flashes has change my mind. When I see a blurry distant object I feel uncomfortable. Those blurry objects annoy me. My brain tells me that I must see those object clearly. And when those clear flashes come, I feel comfortable and I have a feeling of having the right vision. So I think that my vision and my brain/memory are getting better all together. I feel that I am on the right track of getting 20/20 vision Smile

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Ram - 09-07-2008

True, but recovering vision is harder than planning your career because simple hard work/luck/intelligence is not enough. It is not sufficient to keep exercising your eyes - there is something more to it. If you have had a long standing condition, you need to understand yourself( which is even kind of philosophical) well inorder to recover your lost vision - imo this is much harder than what we think. Though the stories of some people look deceptively simple ( like yours) it is not that common. Having worked on my eyes for the last few months, I know this is a bigger challenge than most things in life. There are no short cuts or miracles for long standing problems, you need to learn to unwind whatever has caused your eyes to go into a tailspin.

Ho, I was employed in the US for many years and earned well. I live in India where the cost of living is about 20% of that in the US. So that left me financially healthy even in my twenties. In India, IT guys get 500-1000% more pay than in most other sectors so most top IT guys can retire early in life if they want to - unless they are highly ambitious and want to become billionaires. I also own a consulting company which yields me more revenue than my job - this helps me to easily attain my goals. 37 is only a safety net, I could have retired a few years ago if I had wanted.

Yes, you have to work hard - there is no success in life without effort. That is why it is easier than vision improvement, where 'effort' does not necessarily translate to results. What is needed here is 'absence of effort' which is obviously more tricky than those involving effort.

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - johnwayne - 01-16-2009

Hello Ho from Vietnam,

Just curious as what your progress is at the moment. Did you get to 20/20?

Cheers, JW

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - blauw - 05-05-2009

Wow this is encouraging!!!!

20/200 to 20/40 in 4 months!! WOW

My goal is around 20/60 to 20/40! This has got me really into this and I will practice as much as I can..... what amount of time did you do to get to 20/40? 15, 20, 30 minutes or an hour or more?

Thanks for any feed back....

What exercises did you do?

Sorry if these have already been answered.... Sad

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Racem - 05-06-2009

Hi, I'm a university student from Hungary. The Bates method is quite vigorous by us, too. I met the method detailed 1 year ago, than I started to practice and write my experiences in the hungarian popular forum, by eyetraining.hu. I also made some translations from Bates's book.

I myself can produce flashes at free will, after 1-2 minutes of practicing. I have -5 diopters lenses, and can improve it by about 3-4 diopters at a flash. I can hold the flash to the next twinkle. I realized, that the form of the cornea is changing at flashes, all the signs and experiments which I made proved it. The flash is caused by a temporary strain or pull in the cornea, mediately in the sclera. It is produced by the rotation of the eye or simple straining the external muscles and the pressure of the lids, simultaneously. Some literature call "negative accomodation", but the mechanism is totally different from the normal accomodation caused by the ciliary muscle. As I know, the first scientific researches in the Bates-method took place in the 1950's, when "flashers" were sought for measurements. They had time enough to produce flashes, and read the test card. There were fine results in vision.

My problem is, that altough I can produce flashes quite often, it is not enough for everyday life and work. My basic vision has not improved at all, and the flashes haven't came more often after the first 3-4 months practicing. Does anybody now, if there is a further stage after it, or I must fall back upon it?
Second question, has anybody linear basic vision improvement, for example like it is demonstrated by Leo Angart? I have tried his method too, unsuccessful.

Thank You,
Racem

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - blauw - 05-06-2009

Racem Wrote:Hi, I'm a university student from Hungary. The Bates method is quite vigorous by us, too. I met the method detailed 1 year ago, than I started to practice and write my experiences in the hungarian popular forum, by eyetraining.hu. I also made some translations from Bates's book.

I myself can produce flashes at free will, after 1-2 minutes of practicing. I have -5 diopters lenses, and can improve it by about 3-4 diopters at a flash. I can hold the flash to the next twinkle. I realized, that the form of the cornea is changing at flashes, all the signs and experiments which I made proved it. The flash is caused by a temporary strain or pull in the cornea, mediately in the sclera. It is produced by the rotation of the eye or simple straining the external muscles and the pressure of the lids, simultaneously. Some literature call "negative accomodation", but the mechanism is totally different from the normal accomodation caused by the ciliary muscle. As I know, the first scientific researches in the Bates-method took place in the 1950's, when "flashers" were sought for measurements. They had time enough to produce flashes, and read the test card. There were fine results in vision.

My problem is, that altough I can produce flashes quite often, it is not enough for everyday life and work. My basic vision has not improved at all, and the flashes haven't came more often after the first 3-4 months practicing. Does anybody now, if there is a further stage after it, or I must fall back upon it?
Second question, has anybody linear basic vision improvement, for example like it is demonstrated by Leo Angart? I have tried his method too, unsuccessful.

Thank You,
Racem

What exercises have you been using? Palming and???? Swinging is very useful... especially the long swing. Remember sunning

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - Racem - 05-07-2009

blauw Wrote:What exercises have you been using? Palming and???? Swinging is very useful... especially the long swing. Remember sunning

For me is the mini swing the most useful. I do it quite often, for exaple by surfing the net. Somethimes I do long swing, too. Palming in case of tide. And I try to go walking every day in the park, and see far away. During this I always get a lot of flashes. I use Snellen test card and visualisation, too. As I said, I have a lot of flashes, but they don't come more often for a long time.
What is the matter with you?

R.

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - blauw - 05-07-2009

Racem Wrote:
blauw Wrote:What exercises have you been using? Palming and???? Swinging is very useful... especially the long swing. Remember sunning

For me is the mini swing the most useful. I do it quite often, for exaple by surfing the net. Somethimes I do long swing, too. Palming in case of tide. And I try to go walking every day in the park, and see far away. During this I always get a lot of flashes. I use Snellen test card and visualisation, too. As I said, I have a lot of flashes, but they don't come more often for a long time.
What is the matter with you?

R.

I use the Long Swing, Head Swing, The Rock, Palming, I've tried the Cross Crawls, etc. But I need to practice those more. I also need to do the infinity swing (figure 8) I think its just moving your eyes in a figure eight..... I really should go check the description on Clark Night's site. A very useful site... Thanks Clark!!!

When I walk and I look in the distance I get a lot of Clear Flashes. I also get a lot when I go mountain biking.

One question when you do your swings do you move your eyes/head together (with your body for the long swing) so that you aren't constantly trying to focus on a point in the room or area that you are in?

(Oddly I've never had a problem with night vision its gotten better. But I've always gone camping and walked by myself to bathrooms at night, no "crutches" either.)

Good luck.

People's experiences of improvement are different some get linear, some don't.... many get relapses.

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - clarknight - 05-08-2009

Thanks for the nice comment.
I notice when I get clear flashes its after I practice Bates method and also even clearer when I am done practicing and let my eyes alone, just relaxing, taking a walk daydreaming postitve things, ejoying the scenery.
Bates and Tom Quackenbush say: Correct vision habits, normal eye functions are practiced, imitated to get the eyes, viusal system to do it automatically, on their own.

Re: get a lot of clear flashes during the day - blauw - 05-08-2009

clarknight Wrote:Thanks for the nice comment.
I notice when I get clear flashes its after I practice Bates method and also even clearer when I am done practicing and let my eyes alone, just relaxing, taking a walk daydreaming postitve things, ejoying the scenery.
Bates and Tom Quackenbush say: Correct vision habits, normal eye functions are practiced, imitated to get the eyes, viusal system to do it automatically, on their own.

I catch myself shifting and I'm not meaning too and I also find myself looking away from near work and looking at distant things.

Do you have better then 20/20 vision now Clark? As you did say you have 20/20 vision.

This will always amaze me how this kind of thing is hidden from the media.... but then again.... its all about money......

Good luck to all,
blauw