Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can eyes reject contact lenses?
A couple of days ago I wanted to wear my contact lenses for a few hours because I was going to a party. However after a couple of minutes of putting them on my eyes became extremely watery and fiery red. Plus they were burning a lot. Even after I took them out they were still watering for 2-3 hours.

I have been wearing contacts since 14 years which is a little over half of my life. I never used to have glasses as back up. I had such a high number that the glasses would make my eyes look like dots. Until last month I used to wear contacts almost 12 hours a day. Since last month I didn't wear them at all because I had decided that if I wanted to improve my vision I couldn't wear contacts all the time. So when my eyes burned for the first couple of minutes I thought it would get better but it didn't. Even when I put in new contact lenses they were still burning. There was no way that I could wear them. This has never happened to me before. Of course sometimes my eyes would sting now and then if I had gotten something in them but they would always get better after a few minutes. So is it possible that my eyes are rejecting the contact lenses? And if that is the case is that a good sign or a bad one? Tongue

Any comments would be appreciated.

Also one of my eyes seems to be improving quicker than the other one. So when I order a new pair of reduced glasses should I order a slightly higher number for the weaker eye?

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by was10dioptersmyopic - 05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
RE: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by David - 09-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Catie - 05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Nancy - 05-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Nancy - 05-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Catie - 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Catie - 06-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Nancy - 06-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Nancy - 08-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Re: Can eyes reject contact lenses? - by Nancy - 10-13-2010, 04:59 AM