Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonoculars as an Aid to Vison?
Here we have to say that looking at the Sun using telescopes of any kind, without filter at least, can and will hurt the eyes, because the rays are focused to a tiny point.

Of course they can impair vision (like everything we using wrong), but i noticed that this happens only when you look at things you can normal see with normal eyes and also when you remember the thing you look at as it was with normal vision. When looking at something unknown or so far away that you can't see it with normal vision, it seems to have a benefit.

Also in my case, they help me focus my eyes at the same point, and i am noticing that my brain starts to develop a unconscious habit already! Smile

Furthermore i believe they can help you if you use them to improve imagination and memory. I mean, looking at unknown things, or things you where not able to see without them, causes the mind to remember and that improves memory, something that improves imagination and memory.

Of course i have to remember to blink, and swing the view around, like scanning the horizon, and there are many building here, so they offer points of view on all distances. And i have to admit that i noticed that is very, very easy to stare when using them... Sad

Well if one with imperfect sight is using a telescope he will get worse, but he will get worse eventually. People with normal vision seems that they use their eyes with the naturally intended way on most occasions.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Bonoculars as an Aid to Vison? - by Ares - 08-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Re: Bonoculars as an Aid to Vison? - by Ares - 08-22-2010, 12:23 PM