Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Does any of the Bates method work for hearing?
Hi,

My name is Lim. I am a 40 something male from Georgetown, Penang. I am near sighted and work in front of a computer screen all day. I have prescription glasses that I don't use (even when I am driving) except for watching movies. Lately, I discovered that I was beginning to have problems reading off the monitor which is about two feet away from where I sit. I have to lean forward a little and strain my eyes. I didn't notice this until a colleague pointed this out to me. I though it was time I paid a visit to the optometrist again. On Sunday while browsing in a pharmaceutical store, I stumbled upon pinhole glasses produced by Natural Vision. To my surprise, I could see clearly sign cards about 20 feet away! I immediately bought one and leaned about thebatesmethod.com  Further browsing brought me to this site. I am happy to say that with the pinhole glass, I can read effortlessly off the monitor too. The literature that came with this pair of "glass" say I should see some improvement after 2 to 4 weeks of use. I can't wait to report the results here then.

On another note, I am also a lover of music. When I was in my twenties, I could easily pick up frequencies above 18kHz or thereabouts. I can no longer hear much music above 16kHz now. Considering that light waves are like sound waves; the only difference being its wavelength, I am wondering if there are similar methods of therapy where hearing loss can be recovered. I would appreciate a feedback if anyone has some experience on this.

Lim
Georgetown, Penang

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Does any of the Bates method work for hearing? - by Free Citizen - 09-26-2006, 07:45 AM