Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success
(01-12-2014, 12:06 PM)clarknight Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 11:44 AM)Nancy Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 11:05 AM)clarknight Wrote: Been re-reading Johnathon Barnes book lately; http://www.amazon.com/Improve-Your-Eyesi...hod+barnes

It has provided more ways to learn, apply shifting. He talks about the eyes tracking, scanning and other movements. It really loosens things up. Lot of good stuff in the book. Lately been doing longer shits; across the whole eyechart and center on one point of a letter, then move to a diff letter, just moving across the chart, letters without staying on any letter. Only 1-3 points shift on a word or letter, then off to another; whole area is very clear. Great relaxation.

One thing was interesting and answered a question I placed in response to one of the articles on fusion, 3-D;

On page; 56, 57 he teaches some of the autostrerograms pictures (I call it artificial 3-D). Myself and others had experiences double vision and a wandering eye from it so I stayed away from it, used the old time Bates method and got the problem corrected. One guy chose to go to a behavioral optometrist to fix it.

My question to Nancy in the article on the 3-D was; when looking at 2 circles; one red, one blue; placed side by side; the person looks before or beyond the picture until the 2 peripheral circles form a illusion of a 3rd circle in the central field (though is not truly in the central; this is one reason the practice can goof up your vision); why is it that if I think red; the red circle appear. If I think blue, the blue circle appears. How and what part of the brain, eyes are doing this and why can I not see the red and blue at the same time? (Circles are overlapped in the illusion.)

Recently I tried the method in Barnes book, thinking it wont hurt me; I was able to stare in space and see the middle illusion of a red and blue pen merged together and keep both eyes, areas of the brain 'turned on' so both pens, colors red and blue appeared at the same time, or; when I wanted I could make only one color appear. Barnes explained some of this but I am still not clear on all of it. It was fun, as these pictures are, but; later that night I woke up with the vision frozen, doubled and kind of dizzy. I wont go back to playing with these pictures. Lot of very good teachers put this in their books but I don't like it. It has goofed me up now 4 times. 3 in past experimenting. Much more after neck injury. Some parents with kids; 'strabismus' said that "done a certain way only by an eye doctor; it can correct some type of strabismus but I prefer to stay with Dr. Bates method. He had some techniques of teaching seeing double... and it worked. I am studying this more. Would like to try 'master' it without goofing up my eyes.

Point of story; I wonder if the computer has some extra, stronger type of artificial 3-D that tv does not? Both give an illusion of objects on a flat surface appearing to be at different distances. I don't like the new flat screen tv with the intense 3-d or the video games, especially up close. So Ho has caught onto something here! The autostrereogram pictures are also usually done looking up close. The computer; watching all this imitation 3-d, up close, long time and possibly more intense 3-d on the computer screen is the problem?

Does ho work with a lot of 3-d, videos, animated pictures or mainly plain text?

The farther away from the screen; the more other objects in the real environment, at various distances with true 3-d are seen.
Mary, hi. Everyone is different, so what works for me may not work for you. I said in the 3D article (http://www.iblindness.org/1108/seeing-3d/) that the Magic Eye pictures have helped me, and I feel a sense of relaxation when looking at them. If you feel strain, don't do them! Your eyes and brain are saying "No!" so the best thing to do is to listen, and do another exercise instead. I think just about anything can be done with strain, or with a relaxed attitude. So rather than focus on a particular exercise as The Answer, for myself and my students I'm focusing on how they feel when they're doing it, and what their mental state is.

I agree with you that being so close to a device you're looking at, that the periphery is cut out and you don't see any natural depth, is not a good thing! I also thought an advantage of the TV over the computer for vision training is that the TV is usually thought of as enjoyment and the computer usually "work", the optimum vs. pessimum idea again, or relaxation vs. strain. It all comes down to awareness, to me.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for replying.

I wasn't knocking your use of it; I am still interested in knowing the full mechanics... of it. For something that can cure in some cases and cripple in others; it definitely has some effect on the brain, hemispheres, parts of the brain, hemispheres, cortex.., eye muscles and whatever else might be involved.
I was wondering if you have figured out exactly what the brain and eyes are doing to make one color at a time to appear when thinking of one color and how, why both can also appear. This is a fascinating function. I wonder if it's one part of the brain making only one part of the visual field dominate; the side the color is on, BUT; both eyes see each pen, so? This is a puzzler.

If you discover any answers let me know. It think this would help a lot of teachers understand more of how the visual system works. I would ask the Eye docs around here but they are very closed mouth about how things work. They tell me I must go to ophthalmology, optometry college for 8 years... before I am able to communicate on their level. At the same time; one of them is studying Dr. Bates mags, books and going toward natural training.

Here's a video to liven things up; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE1MvRmWg7I Might not be perfect, I haven't watched it all but does show some path of light rays, interior...

(01-12-2014, 11:05 AM)clarknight Wrote: Been re-reading Johnathon Barnes book lately; http://www.amazon.com/Improve-Your-Eyesi...hod+barnes

It has provided more ways to learn, apply shifting. He talks about the eyes tracking, scanning and other movements. It really loosens things up. Lot of good stuff in the book. Lately been doing longer shits; across the whole eyechart and center on one point of a letter, then move to a diff letter, just moving across the chart, letters without staying on any letter. Only 1-3 points shift on a word or letter, then off to another; whole area is very clear. Great relaxation.

One thing was interesting and answered a question I placed in response to one of the articles on fusion, 3-D;

On page; 56, 57 he teaches some of the autostrerograms pictures (I call it artificial 3-D). Myself and others had experiences double vision and a wandering eye from it so I stayed away from it, used the old time Bates method and got the problem corrected. One guy chose to go to a behavioral optometrist to fix it.

My question to Nancy in the article on the 3-D was; when looking at 2 circles; one red, one blue; placed side by side; the person looks before or beyond the picture until the 2 peripheral circles form a illusion of a 3rd circle in the central field (though is not truly in the central; this is one reason the practice can goof up your vision); why is it that if I think red; the red circle appear. If I think blue, the blue circle appears. How and what part of the brain, eyes are doing this and why can I not see the red and blue at the same time? (Circles are overlapped in the illusion.)

Recently I tried the method in Barnes book, thinking it wont hurt me; I was able to stare in space and see the middle illusion of a red and blue pen merged together and keep both eyes, areas of the brain 'turned on' so both pens, colors red and blue appeared at the same time, or; when I wanted I could make only one color appear. Barnes explained some of this but I am still not clear on all of it. It was fun, as these pictures are, but; later that night I woke up with the vision frozen, doubled and kind of dizzy. I wont go back to playing with these pictures. Lot of very good teachers put this in their books but I don't like it. It has goofed me up now 4 times. 3 in past experimenting. Much more after neck injury. Some parents with kids; 'strabismus' said that "done a certain way only by an eye doctor; it can correct some type of strabismus but I prefer to stay with Dr. Bates method. He had some techniques of teaching seeing double... and it worked. I am studying this more. Would like to try 'master' it without goofing up my eyes.

Point of story; I wonder if the computer has some extra, stronger type of artificial 3-D that tv does not? Both give an illusion of objects on a flat surface appearing to be at different distances. I don't like the new flat screen tv with the intense 3-d or the video games, especially up close. So Ho has caught onto something here! The autostrereogram pictures are also usually done looking up close. The computer; watching all this imitation 3-d, up close, long time and possibly more intense 3-d on the computer screen is the problem?

The farther away from the screen; the more other objects in the real environment, at various distances with true 3-d are seen.
Mary, hi. Everyone is different, so what works for me may not work for you. I said in the 3D article (http://www.iblindness.org/1108/seeing-3d/) that the Magic Eye pictures have helped me, and I feel a sense of relaxation when looking at them. If you feel strain, don't do them! Your eyes and brain are saying "No!" so the best thing to do is to listen, and do another exercise instead. I think just about anything can be done with strain, or with a relaxed attitude. So rather than focus on a particular exercise as The Answer, for myself and my students I'm focusing on how they feel when they're doing it, and what their mental state is.

I agree with you that being so close to a device you're looking at, that the periphery is cut out and you don't see any natural depth, is not a good thing! I also thought an advantage of the TV over the computer for vision training is that the TV is usually thought of as enjoyment and the computer usually "work", the optimum vs. pessimum idea again, or relaxation vs. strain. It all comes down to awareness, to me.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for replying.

I wasn't knocking your use of it; I am still interested in knowing the full mechanics... of it. For something that can cure in some cases and cripple in others; it definitely has some effect on the brain, hemispheres, parts of the brain, part of the hemispheres, visual cortex.., eye muscles and whatever else might be involved.
I was wondering if you have figured out exactly what the brain and eyes are doing to make one color at a time to appear when thinking of one color and how, why both can also appear. This is a fascinating function. I wonder if it's one part of the brain making only one part of the visual field dominate; the side the color is on, BUT; both eyes see each pen, so? This is a puzzler.

If you discover any answers let me know. It think this would help a lot of teachers understand more of how the visual system works. I would ask the Eye docs around here but they are very closed mouth about how things work. They tell me I must go to ophthalmology, optometry college for 8 years... before I am able to communicate on their level. At the same time; one of them is studying Dr. Bates mags, books and going toward natural training.

Thomas Quackenbush mentioned avoiding the aritficl 3-d years ago. Look up stereoscopic vision in his book on Amazn; http://www.amazon.com/Relearning-See-Imp...s%2C+bates

Here's a video to liven things up; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE1MvRmWg7I Might not be perfect, I haven't watched it all but does show some path of light rays, interior...

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for replying.

I wasn't knocking your use of it; I am still interested in knowing the full mechanics... of it. For something that can cure in some cases and cripple in others; it definitely has some effect on the brain, hemispheres, parts of the brain, hemispheres, cortex.., eye muscles and whatever else might be involved.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for replying.

I wasn't knocking your use of it; I am still interested in knowing the full mechanics... of it. For something that can cure in some cases and cripple in others; it definitely has some effect on the brain, hemispheres, parts of the brain, part of the hemispheres, visual cortex.., eye muscles and whatever else might be involved.

Thomas Quackenbush mentioned avoiding the aritficl 3-d years ago. Look up stereoscopic vision in his book on Amazn; http://www.amazon.com/Relearning-See-Imp...s%2C+bates

Another idea; when you place one finger in front of the face and look to the distance; the finger is double. Cover one eye at a time and notice that each eye has its own image. Normally you can't shut off one image unless you have amblyphobia.

Now with the 2 colored pens this is different in some ways. What is different in each case?
#1; the pens are in the peripheral and we are working with 2 objects.

We are looking to a close or far distance away from the 2 pens distance.

My brain is stiff from trying to figure this!
I feel like I'm repeating myself, but if you don't get benefit from an exercise, Magic Eye or palming or something else, it's probably because you're straining when you do it. To me, that's all I need to know.

My opinion on the red/blue topic, which color you see most readily, is that it's just where your mental focus is. it's like that picture of 2 vases that can also look like 2 faces in profile, depending on how you look at it, and you can switch back and forth to see each of these different views when you think of one image over the other. What we focus on mentally, we see more of.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - by Nancy - 01-12-2014, 01:48 PM