Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Long Swing Make You Dizzy?
Question 
When I do the long swing, I sometimes stumble or feel dizzy. It can be hard to keep my feet in one place. I'm 30 years old, pretty darn healthy for the most part, and have never had any balance issues. I occasionally do yoga, including one-footed balance poses, and generally do them as well as my friends. So this slight dizziness and loss of balance when I'm simply twisting back and forth and still on two feet surprises me!

I want to add that I really like the long swing! The first few times I did it, it was obvious how much my eyes resisted movement and were in the habit of staring. They would "stick" to objects or points in the room as I turned, and eventually "jump" to another point at which they would lock on and stare again. It took a bit of practice, but now my eyes can allow the sights in front of them to smoothly flow by while I swing back and forth. It feels like a good accomplishment!

But, is the dizziness/lack of balance a sign that I'm doing something wrong? Or a normal experience as my eyes and brain are still adjusting to the visual experience of the world "moving" around me, instead of being fixed? I've been doing it for a week or two, 1 to 3 times a day, and about 100 swings each time.

Thank you for any help!! Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Should the Long Swing Make You Dizzy? - by VisionQuest - 10-09-2015, 01:02 PM