Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recovery from presbyopia
Hello, dear iblindness community,

I am 58-years-old and have been relying on glasses for presbyopia since age 46. Previously, I always had excellent vision. After presbyopia occurred, distance vision seemed fine but with each new prescription I noticed diminishing acuity of distance vision.

Only two days ago, I began reading Dr. Bates' book and also the postings on this forum. I took off my glasses, determined to rid myself of them by any means necessary, and began to practice palming according to Dr. Bates' instructions. Almost immediately I began to experience temporary clear flashes after palming. I learned about central fixation, shifting, swinging and sunning and began practicing these as best I could.

I have been learning so much about the real nature of eyesight from Dr. Bates and this website. Thanks to Dr. Bates' explanation of the physiology of the eye and the psychology of mind and vision, I realized that it was no coincidence that my previously always excellent vision was lost within two years of experiencing tragic and sudden loss of my youngest son. I had never made that connection before. This realization was experienced in a sort of "clear flash", in other words, a big psychological break-through for me.

I work on computer and also do a lot of reading and writing, but at same time I do not want glasses dependency to unnecessarily slow my progress in Bates Method. I have only worn my glasses when absolutely necessary since the past two days. Yesterday I went out and about without my progressives for first time. It was a wonderfully freeing experience.

Last night, after practicing palming, shifting and sunning for most of the day, with intermittent clear flashes, I downloaded and printed Dr. Gottlieb's Presbyopia Reduction Chart and began working with it. I noticed good improvement in general clarity and increased length of clear flashes after palming. Also, after working with the Gottlieb chart, depth of blackness intensified during palming. I could feel my eyes coming alive. I began "talking" to my eyes and telling them how much I love them and want them to be well and happy. I thanked them for the four-and-a-half decades that they served me so wonderfully well. I told my eyes how sorry I am that they have been suffering and explained to them how together we are now recovering our true vision.

This bright, sunny morning, after some work on the Gottlieb chart combined with palming, I went out with intention to purchase a large enough magnifying glass so as to be able to work and study without afflicting myself with the glasses, as I expected my vision recovery to take some weeks. I do not know if magnifier in lieu of glasses was a good idea or not, but during my trip to the store, my eyes and I experienced a miracle!

When I looked at my ATM receipt, I could read it easily. I did not think anything of it because I was so used to wearing my progressives everywhere! It did not even occur to me that I was not wearing my glasses!

As it so happened, the store was closed. However, I suddenly noticed that I could read the smaller type on every sign. Wherever I noticed smaller type, I walked right up to it and could read it. Everywhere everything was sparkling clear! I walked to the local bookstore with books for sale in cart on sidewalk and picked up a book at random. I was amazed to be able to see the print clearly. Every book I opened, I could see the text without blur and read it clearly. I went inside and opened another book but the type was fuzzy. I carried it outside into the sunlight and then could read the text clearly. I experimented again and again with books and other printed material in this way with same results  -- howsoever small the type was, what I was able to read clearly in sunlight became blurry with indoor lighting.

I purchased some "full-spectrum" lightbulbs but so far these provide very small improvement as compared to sunlight. I can still right now, several hours later, read even the smallest type with ease in direct or even in shaded sunlight but not yet very clearly in indoor lighting.

I am so ecstatic to be experiencing the return of my previously excellent near-vision. It is sheer bliss to be able to see again without glasses! I know with absolute confidence that with continued practice of Dr. Bates' method in conjunction with the Gottlieb Presbyopia Reduction Chart, I am on my way to complete recovery of my near-vision.

My eyes and I would not have made this progress in vision recovery had I not found Dr. Bates book on i-see.org and then iblindness.com. To everyone who posts on this forum, thank you very much for writing! Your messages and stories have been enormously helpful, educative and inspiring.

I am not a theist, but this quotation from the Book of Acts 9:18 really describes my experience: "And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith..."

Warm regards, best wishes and many thanks, Catherine

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now

Messages In This Thread
recovery from presbyopia - by anonym - 05-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by David - 05-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by Bifocal - 05-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by Bifocal - 05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by anonym - 05-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by otis - 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by anonym - 05-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by Kazekage - 06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by anonym - 06-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Re: recovery from presbyopia - by otis - 06-02-2007, 08:07 AM