Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!!
I have been doing the Bates Method for about two months now. I have watched a spine surgeon friend of mine go from glasses to no glasses seeing 20/20 a few years ago and although I believed that it was possible, I didn’t have the stamina to keep up with it when I tried it back then. I also figured that when I put my glasses back on I was just negating all of the progress that I would have made. I decided to give it another shot. I checked out the book from the library (Improve Your Eyesight: A Guide to the Bates Method for Better Eyesight without Glasses by Jonathan Barnes) and read it cover to cover. Starting vision from previous prescription was: Right Eye: -5.0 Astigmatism correction -2.25. Left Eye: -4.75, Astigmatism correction -2.25. Needless to say I cannot drive without them or see any detail. The optometrist that I have been going to for the past 15 years was not interested in hearing about the Bates Method or giving me an Rx for a weaker pair of glasses. The front desk lady, Lisa gave me an appointment with his partner at a different location that might be a little more accommodating.
I thought he might be more understanding. I had to explain to him about the Bates method and he was not impressed. When I told him that my surgeon friend went from -2.0 in each eye to seeing 20/20 without glasses, he explained that he must not have really needed them or that he had learned to interpret the blurred image, and that relaxation exercises cannot change myopia. He even tried to tell me that sometimes peoples with myopia will have an improvement in their vision when they get into their 30’s and 40’s (I am 38). I am sorry, but I have never heard anything about that before. I had not wanted to wear my glasses I bought with the last eye exam (two years ago), because my friend told me that I should revert to an earlier pair. For the past couple of years I have been wearing my glasses from 2001, and the new ones have been setting in a drawer. Here is the progress in two months:

Before: Right Eye: -5.0 Astigmatism correction -2.25.
Left Eye: -4.75, Astigmatism correction -2.25

Now: Right Eye: -4.25 Astigmatism correction -1.75.
Left Eye: -4.0, Astigmatism correction -1.75

My eyesight is now better than it was in 2001, as they are too strong for me (Right: 4.75, Left 4.25). He agreed to write for a pair .25 under what I needed, but not less because he was concerned about night driving. It’s a start. I wanted to tell him, “I saw the letters on the chart clearly and I am not “interpreting the blurs”, yet my numbers show a definite improvement. It looks like it’s working to me.” I could tell he already had all the answers and wasn’t too interested in exploring new (old) ideas. All I cared about was that he wrote for something weaker. I am so pumped.

Michael

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by itmightsurpriseyou - 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Re: Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by otto - 06-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Re: Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by otto - 06-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Re: Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by otis - 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Re: Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by David - 07-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Re: Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by Ram - 07-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Re: Seeing an improvement.....HOORAY!! - by Ram - 07-12-2008, 11:28 PM