MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Conscious relaxation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conscious relaxation?
Hey everybody! I'm new here and have some troubles with understanding relaxation.

The thing is, when I'm starting to relax it just happens right? But in my case it looks like this:

1. I try to relax -> ok that never will work actually
2. Ok I just try to remember some nice pictures while palming (black paint works for me the best)
3. some relaxation occours after a while -> oh yeah I feel relaxation -> boom -> relaxation is gone!

So when I notice I'm relaxin the process stops because I try to control it or something like that. The problem is that if I notice relaxation to happen it is very automatically for me to make something about it. The other problem is that I ALWAYS notice when relaxation starts to happen.

It's little bit like when you notice on the street "hmm I can see more clearly, thats great!" and yes the clear flash goes...

And what about DOING the techniques?! How should I supposed to let go of my eyes when I do for example shifting? I have to move my eyes, if not they just keep staring. But Emily Bates wrote that it is better when we aren't conscious about our eyes when we look at something. So how should I imagine this then?

It is little paradox for me. Maybe with practice shifting will become habitual and so unconscious?

Btw. I have alternating starbismus (inward), hyperopia+astigmiatism. I don't wear glasses at all since last year august.

Here is my perscription from last year and sorry for my english:

right: +1.5D cyl 1.0 ax 120°
left: +0.5D cyl 2.5 ax 60° (I see much much worser with this one)

I want to check my eyes again last week, here are the results:

right: +0.25 cyl 1.0
left: -0.5 cyl 2.5

You can see 1.25D improvement in my right and 1.0 improvement in my left eye. Don't really understand that one with the minus tho...Well you can imagine how happy I was and how surprised the optometrist! Smile

Btw. you say the angle of astigmatism changes but I got always 120° and 60° since I wear glasses. I'm little bit worried that I can't change my astigmatism...
I wear glasses since age 2. Now I'm 22.

I hope this post isn't too long and boring for you. Thanks for reading and for the replys!

Daniel
Dear Daniel,

The prescription information looks good -- you vision is indeed improving.

We are also attemting to track visual acuity -- for additional support.

For the fun of it, could you click here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Then click on "display" several times. (20/60 letters will appear).

Then back off 20 feet (or 6 meters) and see if you can read them.

That vision measurement also improves when you use Bates method(s).

Enjoy,

Otis
Ok I can read 20/40 with my right eye and 20/30 with 90% accurarity (sometimes I miss E-F or O-D, V-Y)
With left I can read 20/60 and 20/40 with some failures like above. Anyway with my left eye I can't see 100% clearly anything but I can read it easily. There is always some ghost image above or over the actual letters.

I noticed I can "defocus" my left eye it's a feeling something is pulling back in my eye. Then my vision becomes blurrier but after a few seconds the letters become sharper. Don't really now if that's a good method. Swinging and flashing did help tho.
This quote below from Bates's book is relevant. Repetition and discipline is how you overcome it.

http://Thus patients find themselves on ...d tedious.
http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch14.html

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thx David thats encouraging somehow for me!

Btw what should I do if closing my eyes while palming makes my eye strained? I have to force my eyelids to keep closed and this appans always. I know it is strange but it's like my eyes wouldn't want to close...what should I do?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now