MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
my dilemma during swinging

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my dilemma during swinging
im very nearsighted. there are two differnt ways of swinging when i pratice
and i havent seen other poeple mention about it
1. the focus is on the farthest i can see and my i balls unconsciously move left and right like crazy(i cant stop even if i try)
2. the focus is very near and everything is totally blur but i can see the oppositional movement
i find the number 2 is a little more relaxing but it worsens my nearsightedness which is
the opposite of the "clear flash". so im confused which is the right one
any other nearsighted person experience this?
Goohsm I can feel your dilemma, I had something like that too. All I can say is that you don't have to see anywhere. The keypoint is that you don't focus near or far, you don't focus on an object, you don't want to see anything.

You don't want to see the oppositional movemeint neither!

You don't want to do anything.

Just swinging from left to right and forgetting about your eyes, about your vision, and about your worries. Just feel the movement like you were a little child. You think a little man would pay attention to his eyes or worries if he would do the swing? No! He would feel the swing playfully and he would let himself to get relaxed more and more.

I know this is hard to do, but just remind yourself you don't have to make something with your eyes and don't force the oppositional movement. Altough Bates wrote that you can see this movement when done correctly, I had a lot of strain because I wanted to do it correct, so I wanted to see this movement. And well if you want something to see, then that is strain isn't it?

I hope I could help, but I hope even more you can help yourself.

Just let you be!
To add to what deeptrip said, if your eyes do something different when you focus (or try to focus, more importantly) at a distance, that's a direct indication that you're straining your eyes while looking at a distance. Your eyes should feel and behave exactly the same at any distance as far as you can tell. That's the aim of the Bates method, to get you to realize this and stop the habit of screwing with your eyes when you look at distances that you think you can't see at.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now