MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Very High Myopia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very High Myopia
Hello, I'm Lucia and I am new here. I just introduced myself on the proper topic, and now I have a question for you. Because I'm not seeing well enough with the glasses I have (for those who didn't read the introduction, I have 7 dyopters in each eye...), I was wondering if I could do the exercises without them and use them when needed. I thought of that because it's recommended to wear glasses that are weaker than needed. And then, when my sight improves (I really hope so...!), I'll go to an ophtalmologist (I don't know if this word is correctly written...) and ask for even weaker lenses. Do you think this is an correct method? I didn't start on the exercises yet, I have to print them and translate to portuguese first. While I don't do this, I'll try to live without glasses. So, ladies and gentleman, here I go to the kitchen to wash the dishes. I hope they'll be really clean! Smile
Thanks for reading!
Lucia
I am not very experienced in your situation because my eyes were -2.5 diopters. But my oponion is that you should take some notes into consideration:
1- Believe that your eyes CAN see perfectly and trust them. Remind yourself of the so many people which can see perfectly. Why not you see perfectly?
2- Do the exercises regulerly no matter, your eyesight improves or not.
3- Use the weakest Glass you can stand, only when they are abolutely required.
4- make your room quite bright, by using 300 watt lamps or so. Light is a real benefit to the eye. I normally get so many flashes in outdoors.

Well, This may cause you not to see the world as you saw with your glasses, but, I now love my blury  vision over my vision with glasses.

Hope you success,
Hi Elias, thanks for your reply.

You say your eyes were -2.5 diopters. Does it mean you are seeing better now? For how many years did you use glasses and how many diopters you have now?

I still haven't read Bates' book, so I'm not sure what flashes mean. It is a moment of clearer vision? That's what I understood it meant by reading the posts here in the forum, so if I'm mistaken, I' sorry.

Thanks for your support,
Lucia
Dr Bates Dealing with a person with very high myopia:

...The patient, a man with fifteen diopters of myopia, was so much disturbed by what he saw when his vision had been improved by the memory of a period that he was directed to look away from the Snellen test card, or whatever object he was regarding, when he found the letters or other details coming out; and for about a week he went around persistently dodging his improved sight. As his memory improved, it became more and more difficult for him to do this, and at the end of the week it was impossible. When he looked at the bottom line at a distance of twenty feet he remembered the period perfectly, and when asked if he could see the letters, he replied:
"I cannot help but see them."...

Yes I have just put away glasses for less than two weeks and now my vision is usually around -2, -1.75 diopters, although I don't think that diopters is a good measure of vision quality. I simply measure the distance which I can see clearly in meters, and reverse it, it will simply give the number, but I don't think that one can trust that. Vision is improving and it has a very variable accommodation, It is totally different when flashes appear. In outdoors, I believe that my vision gets sometimes very close to perfect vision, and I don't need the glasses anymore.
If you really want to get started, you must read the books and articles, which will guide you through. Clear flashes happen sometimes when the strain is releived for a moment from your eyes, but the vision may return to its original state. Practicing is  something that stabilizes your vision.
I have used glasses for over 12 years, and taking the eyes out of the bad habit of glasses takes considerable time. I personally think that if your eyes start to itch and water, maybe you are starting to relax your eye muscles. You can find information about the itching and clear flashes from the forum. I suggest you to scan the forum, maybe you'll find the answer to your questions.
Remember one thing though: your eye improvement will not happen so linearly.

Good luck
Hi Elias.

I've been reading the articles and I already started to read Dr. Bates' book, but I'm only in Chapter V.

I've been trying some exercises, and I'll post my experiences in another topic.

Elias Wrote:...my vision gets sometimes very close to perfect vision...

I can't remember how a perfect vision is. But I hope some day I'll post here: "hey everybody, I can see clearly!"

Thank you,
Lucia

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download