MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
working on computer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
working on computer
hii to all buddies..
I had started with Bates method 2 months ago and fouund it right.Now i sometimes got clear flashes of vision but they are momentarily..I am also not good at palming and remembering black..

I want to ask..
!). Should i wear glasses while working on computer, since it will delay my cure and also without glasses i had to seat near to the computer screen which i hav heard harmful for eyes..
2).I have improved with shifting and swinging, i want to do something with imagination. plz refer me the post for it.
3). I need photographic type reduction and fine print..

After an 8 year slavery of glasses with -2.00 to 4.50, i am sure am going to throw them..
Thanks for Organising such a website for all the suffering myopes..

Ajmer Singh
1. No one can tell you if you should or shouldn't wear glasses while working at the computer. What I find helpful is to try every hour or so the following: I breathe deeply for a while, I let myself sway a little infron to fthe screen (sitting from a normal distance), I notice the oppositional movement. After 5 minutes of this I can usually see the screen clearly to work from a normal distance ( my prescription last time was -7). I work like this and am sure to take short breaks every 10 minutes to shake and stretch a little. Perhaps this can help you as well.

2. If shifting ans winging work for you, then continue to do them! Don't toss them because you want to try something new. As long as something works, Dr. Bates wrote to repeat it until you see continuous lasting improvement. One can be very creative with shifting ansd swinging. David offers Dr. Bates's book for free on this website, try reading what he says about imagination.

Cheers,
S
i have worse vision than you -6.5 and I have been faced with the same dilemma.. from my experience this month. I can tell you assuredly it will worsen your eyesight to look at a computer too closely .. and make any excercize completely and absolutely pointless. In fact I'm hurting my eyes right now. To tell you the truth the only solution is to stay off the computer as much as possible until you can keep yourself at a normal distance. I would reccomend anyone with vision problems to stay the heck off the computer as much as possible. I am a computer addict and this is the most difficult thing. I have come to the conclusion that this is something I must do. It doesn't hinder your progress it will destroy your eyes...And using glasses, it gonna complicate your healing. I would not even be on now.. but I thought it was important to answer this question.
Good luck.
hii buddies!
Thanks for your valauble suggestions. You are right that working too close tocomputer screen damages the eyes. I have not used the glasses from last week and it's due to the near work to CRT screen that i have not got a single flash of clear vision from two weeks..

Can you guys further tell me where i can get "photographic reduction and fine print becase i want to exercise on that...
Also tell me how to chat with somone online in this website..
Ajmer Singh
In the first 18-months after discovering iblindness.org I did not make as quick progress as I had hoped in my recovery from so-called “presbyopia” because I could not give up lens glasses while working on computer.

This September, I purchased pin-hole glasses that enabled me to immediately discard the awful lens glasses forever. For three days I used my pin-holes for computer and off-line reading. On the fourth day, I began reading off-line unassisted. The pin-holes relieved my eyestrain sufficiently that my once natural central-fixation began to return.

In less than three months without lenses, and supported by pinholes only when working on computer, I have experienced remarkable improvement in accommodation to point where I am now able to use memory and imagination to clear my near vision. Since replacing lenses with pin-holes for computer work, I now read off-line even the smallest print in artificial lighting. I am using the pin-holes on computer only sometimes when I feel an onset of strain.

By relying on lens glasses for work on computer, I was unable to actually distinguish relaxation from lens-induced strain.

My central fixation is now almost always spontaneous, and even when there is some blurring, I now accommodate quickly tp clear vision just by remembering central fixation.

I can only compare the joys of seeing with central fixation to my first unexpected clear flashes that I experienced when I attempted the great Dr. Bates’ methods that I learned here at iblindness.org.
Oh man, THANK YOU!!!! This might solve my problem If I can be able to watch TV and go on the computer without strain, it would help prevent alot of eye strain thats but getting in the way of my progress. Thanks again. That was a great help. I am using a comb right now till my pinhole glasses arrive. Awesome.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now