MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My First Experiences With The Palming Technique

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Experiences With The Palming Technique
Hello, everybody!

I have to say that I still haven't completely read Dr. Bates' book, so my technique was based on what I read here in the forum.

Last saturday, around 23h20m I decided to palm. I sat on my bed, with the lights on, and palmed for about 5 minutes. When I opened my eyes, everything was very blurry. Then I palmed again, and nothing happened. I looked at the clock on the table, which is about 80cm (I'm sorry, I don't know how many inches...) away from my face, and I had to put my face closer to the clock in order to know the time. It was 23h35m and I palmed again. When I opened my eyes I looked at the clock and it was 23h42m. I could see the time without getting closer to the clock! The numbers were still very blurry, but I could see their shape and it was the first thing closer to a better vision that I had. I felt so great that when I palmed again nothing happened, I guess I was to anxious. Then I decided to sleep.

Sunday I did the same thing, at about the same time. It was 23h11m when I got closer to the clock to see the time. I palmed for a few minutes and when I opened my eyes it was 23h17m, I was able to see the numbers, just like the day before. But I was so tired that I turned off the lights and slept.

This morning, while taking a bath, I palmed. My hands were very warm and wet from the water. I looked to the bottle of the shampoo and the letters were very blurry. Palmed again and nothing happened. Then I decided to give a massage around the eyes, with the tip of my fingers, always with my eyes closed. When I opened them, I could see clearly what was written on the bottle. I tried again, but I think the desire of seeing things clear again worked against me, I didn't see clear as I wanted. I would like to ask you if this technique, of palming with hot and wet hands, is useful. What do you think?

While I was doing these exercises, I couldn't concrentrate on nothing, altough I was feeling very calm. My mind was traveling, there were all sorts of thoughts, I tried to remember colors, but I couldn't. Maybe I wasn't as calm as I thought...

From this I have learned that a better vision can really happen, this is not a theoric conclusion, it's based on my little experience and its results. Altough it might take a long time, even years, to achieve that.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt so happy that I wanted to share with you...

Thank you,
Lucia
Hi,

Well,
I have no idea of palming with wet hands, but as Dr Bates states concentratiuon is bad for the mind and for the eyes.
One must not use any effort, but must let the mind to see black or any other colour. Dr Bates states that one can let any pleasent thing to come and go by.

BTW I practice central fixation and shifting on the football players, as we have plenty of football to watch. It may be a good practise for you as your country has a professional football team.
Wish you luck,
Lucia,

When you say "concentrate on nothing," I wonder what you're doing.  Your mind should be on something, softly moving or flowing from one thought or image, or part of an image, to another. So give that a try for a while too and see if it makes a difference. But I certainly wouldn't want to make you doubt yourself if you've found something that you've found beneficial. What one person means by that isn't necessarily what everybody else means, as it's subtle territory and could easily be beneficial or detrimental, depending on how it's done. But you'll know based on the results - if your mind feels more at ease, rested, or calm.

Nothing's wrong with palming with wet hands though. Water is said to be energetically cleansing besides physically cleansing, and also to kind of help energy flow really easily like the way electricity travels so well through it, and I think a large part of the benefit of palming is the energy from the hands.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hello Elias and Dave,

I haven't read yet Dr. Bates' ideas about central fixation and shifting, so I downloaded the swing windows on central-fixation.com, and it helps a lot, when I spend a long time in the computer. It gives me an idea about how it is done. And because I don't know how to practice them, I won't do it during football games. BTW, I don't believe Portugal will win the World Cup... Smile

Dave, that's the difficulty of trying to express myself in another language. When I said "concentrate on nothing", I wanted to express this: during palming, I was trying to visualize a color, lets say blue. So I was thinking: "ok, I'm going to see blue, the sky is blue, the sea is blue..." And altough I was making an effort to see blue, I couldn't. I was thinking of the experience itself ("will it work?"), I was thinking that I was calm, relaxed; I was even thinking how I would describe my experience here in the forum. And I know that I had these thoughts, I was aware of them. Do you know what I mean? When I got that clear vision, looking at the clock and being able to see what time it was, maybe I wasn't consciously thinking on nothing. So I'll try it again, and try not to be aware of my thoughts.

Thanks for the explanation about the water, I'll continue to do the palming with my wet hands, it feels very good.

Lucia
Lucia,

Well I wouldn't suggest trying to not be aware of your thoughts. In fact quite the opposite.

There must be something you remember the color of that's familiar to you. A fence, a shirt, a cloud...  I do know how hard it can be at first, because I had trouble getting anything at all to come up for a while. But it turned out it was only because I was going about it completely wrong - I was trying to form an image by conscious control instead of simply remembering and letting the pieces fill themselves in as they could.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now