MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
flashing lights while palming and dizziness on standing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flashing lights while palming and dizziness on standing
I've been palming like crazy, t there are sometimes these flashing lights while I'm palming. I'm not sure what's causing them, it's like a strobe light or something. The other thing I notice is I get very woozy when I stand up after palming (and some other times too!).
I've also been getting pains in my right eye while palming and afterwards sometimes one or both will feel sore, and sometimes dry.
Any ideas? I get easily afraid I have some horrible disease.
Thanks,
Helena
the flashing lights are normal. they become less as you get more relaxed. try focusing on the black of the top letter on a vision chart while your palming.

you say you have been palming like crazy, that is good. many don't have the discipline for that. try alternating shifting and palming. both provide relaxation.
Do you have a stiff neck, slightly disaligned vertabrae?
Low potassium?
I get this and have suffered dizzyness from it.
When I hold my arms up too long typing many hours and looking down, my neck muscles get so tight that I get a blackout and dizzy feeling when i bend over and then back up, sometimes just looking upand down.
Also intense itching in left ear when the muscles in neck are tight, soar, soar knots in muscles neck, upper chest.
All this and other weird, scarey symptoms is from long hours incorrect posture, drinking diet soda, caffine, sugar.
When I correct these conditions the symptoms are cured and vision also improves to better than 20/20.
What are the flashing lights like? A migraine headache causes one kind, but other lights, more like moving colored shapes, and other lights may be seen when palming when the mind, body, eyes are not completely relaxed.
It sounds like your muscles in the neck and back are so tense they are pressing on the nerves in the neck, and back that go to the legs.
Keep good but relaxed, tension free posture when palming.

Try muscle massage in the shoulders, neck.
Change your posture if needed.
Most people that have worn glasses a long time have tense neck muscles.
Maybe you are just experiencing pre-muscle tension release before complete relaxation occurs.
My Natural Vision Improvement teacher Thomas Quackenbush was crippled, used crutches for years.
He was cured by natural treatment and after first treatment he was so dizzy!
He called his doctor and the doctor said it was ok, the body was healing, adjusting to return to normal state/health.

Are you using a pillow on the lap to hold the elbows, arms up when palming so they do no get stiff and cause tension to travel into the neck, eyes, back?
Are you thinking something positive when palming?

Low potassium can cause muscle tension, electrolyte imbalance.
Eat one to two bannas per day.
I boil potatoes and make potatoe pancakes and use the left over water to make high postassium potatoe water; potassium and hydration together.
Magnesium powder drink from the health food store also relaxes the muscles.

A good massage/physical therapist can check your neck vertabrae most often without unhealthy use of xray and can enable vertabrae to align naturally as the muscles relax from massage.
This avoids risky chiropractic treatment.
A good chiropractor can help if necessary, but try massage and other natural relaxation first.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info">http://www.cleareyesight.info</a><!-- m --> will help you with some of this.
I am trying to get the time to post physical therapy diagrams on the site but been busy.
If you dont have a problem with the vertabrae, disk; try heat on the neck and use a slightly curved blanket under the neck.
The figure eight and long swing can help.
My neck was so bad that i had tremors in my hands. They were cured with simple physical therapy; strengthening, relaxation, movement of the joints, muscles and massage.

Dr bates says palming is not mandatory.
It works for many peole but not all.
He says to try something else if palming does not work.
Check Better Eyesight MAgazines for other methods.
Sway left and right, forward and backward alittle throughout the day.
Do the finger/thumb movement to relax the mind and keep a state of relaxed movement.
Palm without using the hands; just do a hypnosis like relaxation with eyes closed and daydream.
Thanks Clark! I do have a disaligned neck and I usually go to a chiropractor for this (I'm taking a one-month break from my usual 2 appts per week).
Is going to a chiropractor really so risky? I used to get massages all the time and they wouldn't help me, the only thing that has released my back and neck is getting it realigned by the chiropractor.
I usually palm lying down and I put a pillow or a rolled up blanket on my upper chest to support my arms, however sometimes I will have pain in my right arm. The other way I palm is sitting up and resting the points of my elbows on my knees. I will try to palm in such a way that my arms don't go stiff. I also like to use a heated eye bag instead sometimes. I will also do some neck stretches before palming. I also sometimes apply heat to my neck.
The flashing lights don't come instantly, usually it is after awhile (I've only seen pure black once, but it gets pretty dark). So I hope that it is pre-muscle tension before complete relaxation. What I will try to do is to continue to relax further after seeing flashing lights, and see if that helps.
And Mzero, I've been trying doing long swings outside and alternating with palming. I don't really like swinging inside, but outside is good. I think this helps, but I can't be outside too often and it's very easy for me to palm more often than swing. I really like palming.
I'll try to eat some more bananas.
If your chiropractor is good, ok, but physical therapy can help with massage.
C4 vertabrae goes out of alignment in my neck for 12 years and for 10 years chiropractors kept telling me i need continual adjustments and stretching.
When a bad chiropractor goofed up my hearing and vision i started to look for a safer way after the honest chiropractor (see website) repaired the damage.
Another chiropractor told me that continual adjustments can eventually wear down the cartiliage and that makes it easy for the vertabrae to slip out more often, causing addiction to neck adjustments by chiropractor.
Chiropractors can cure or cause blindness.
Stroke and other problems have occured from a bad chiropractor adjustment.
For years I never listened to these warnings because the good chiropractors healed alot of problems i had, mainly balance problem, movement, ear eustation tube function, but they never taught these other natural therapies that I can do myself that work.

I think your palming position is the problem.
Try palming sitting up, back straight, relaxed against a wall, chair..., pillow on lap, elbows on pillow, to bring the hands up to the eyes with complete relaxation, no pulling or weight on arms, face, neck, eyes.
No elbows on knees. Sounds like you might be pulling on the back muscles.
I never heard of heat bag on the eyes. As long as it does not dry the eyes, get too hot, or have weight. It must not touch the eyes or press on the eyes even though the eyes are closed.
Use the heat (wet heat is best) on your neck and it will resonate into the eye muscles. use a light weight heat pad, preferrably non electric.
No electric has to do with electricity disrupting the bodies natural chi energy flow.
Palming can strengthen the bodies energy, that is healthy.
When your mind starts drifting into a real happy place, then you will like palming more and look forward to it.
Here are a few things I have been trying to put on the web site;
Have you seen those bycycle machines for legs and arms?
You pedal forward and backward using the hands with good posture.
It strengtrhens the arms neck... muscles, improves blood, lymph flow in these areas.
This relaxes the muscles and strengthens neck, arm muscles so vertabrae dont go out of alignment when lifting.
The strong relaxed muscles lift, without pulling on the vertabrae.
Also; relaxed muscles allow vertabrae to move into correct placement.
The physical therapy movements, exercises also move the vertabrae into alignment.
Stretching exercises taught by chiropractors have not helped me much, some do, but the physical therapy exercises and movement exercises work faster and easier. Some yoga positions are helpful.
Then it is easy to stretch and for less time.
Exercises with a large elastic cord while using correct posture is great.
I will try to post a unfinished image here, but directions have not been added.
The person hooks the large red elastic on the foot, hands, door, ect,,, and pulls it in varoius directions.
This strengthens and aligns muscles, vertabrae, gets them moving.

My therapist has me place two tennis balls (soft foam chldrens toy type) in a sock, tie the end, space between the tennis balls, and then they are placed on the left and right sides of the neck/spine, on the back of the neck, just below the base of the skull on the muscles/pressure points on the left and right sides of the spine.
They are not placed on the spine/vertabrae.
You lay on your back, neck on the tennis balls, tennis balls under the neck, with a light blanket under them to press them into the muscles a little and relax.
Do not place on vetabrae and do not fall alsleep on them or the head might turn and push the ball into the vertabrae and disalign it. If I can post a picture on this site I will. Remember; no tennis balls on/near spine.
It has to be done right and i dont advise it if you have broken vertabrae, cartilage.
I use it and with other exercises listed here and avoid need for chiropractor.
The tennis balls also activate the pressure points on the back/left and right sides of the neck and send a good feeling tingel of energy, nerve force from the neck down the spine and left and right legs, feet and back up to the neck. This indicates good relaxation.

Place those arch supprts by "Walk Fit' into your shoes. They support the foot, lower the heels; this relaxes, lowers, alignes the back. the legs, shoulders, neck, relax, all align. Balance and movement improves. This also improves eye muscle relaxation, movement.
A lady I know has polio and these arch suppors enabled her to walk.

I dont know how to post the picture on here?? I will have to post the diagrams on my web site when have time if i can't figure how to do it here?
When you notice something like this, you have two ways of looking at it. One is you're getting worse. The other is your body has just alerted you that something is wrong.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Just making sure you are not putting pressure on your eyes with your hands as you palm... You might want to make sure the "flashing lights" are not what are commonly called "flashers," which can be symptomatic of retinal detachment. "Flashers" happen when the vitreous fluid changes position and rubs against the retina at the back of the eye. Depending on what you are experiencing, it may be worth researching because they can potentially threaten eye health.
...but if they only happen when you are palming and you are not putting pressure on your eyes with your hands, I believe they are not conventional "flashers."
When we were kids, at night, my cousins and I would rub our eyes (with lids closed) semi hard with our fists, then remove the the hands from the eyes and watch multi swirling colors appear in front of the closed eyes.
How crazy, unhealthy for kids to do these things.
Now I think back and reallize that eye muscle tension placing pressure on the eyes can also cause these swirling colors.
Mzero Wrote:the flashing lights are normal. they become less as you get more relaxed. try focusing on the black of the top letter on a vision chart while your palming.

you say you have been palming like crazy, that is good. many don't have the discipline for that. try alternating shifting and palming. both provide relaxation.

That makes sense.

Sometimes I notice that when I am extremely tense (mainly in the eyes) I get those flashing lights. So I correct my posture and take deep breathes and think of black. It relaxes me and then my eyes feel lighter!! I also think these flashing lights could come from the extra-ocular muscles being tense...???

One question about palming. Does one have to palm and imagine a black period? Or can they just imagine something else in crystal clear clarity?

Good luck to all,
blauw
When palming you want to imagine something very relaxing to you. For many people this is a field of black, but if you're trying to see black & straining this defeats the purpose of palming. Bates writes about one woman who imagined seeing the stone from a favorite ring & other examples that show there's nothing magic about the black dot -- the point is to imagine something which makes you feel relaxed. This is why he writes about imagining pleasant pictures -- it's the same idea.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download