MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Newbie with Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with Question
Well yesterday, while I was searching for more answers on this, I stumbled across this forum. I have read the book Perfect eyes in 30 days and I have been doing the palming and otehr exercises everyday for about 3 weeks now, I was using my glasses during that period though. Last night i decided to ditch em upon reading this site. First question is, why am I seeing lights during palming. Also are you doing the right thing when sometimes you see some funny stuff falling randomly. Can you also train your eyes to become 60/20 or super eyes. Last question, whats the average amount of days before someone achieves their site back?
Dear Ignorant Bum,
You might read Dr. Bates book (for free) to help you understand some of the
answers.
No one here claims PERFECT sight in 30 days.
But people have cleared their vision from 20/60 to normal in about
six months using these various preventive measures.

Also -- what is your current prescription?

Thanks,

Otis
I'm not sure what my prescription was. Mother lost my report and I've only been wearing my glasses on and off for about 2 years. Wish I knew the exact numbers but all I can say is that I can't see in a distance but I have no problems seeing near.
Dear Ignorant Bum,

Subject: You should change your "net" name to "person who wishes to learn".

The difinition of "nearsightedness" is exactly as you find it. You can see
clear-near, but you can not see clear-far.

Since you wish to clear your vision (Snellen) using Bates, a good way to start is to
read your Snellen on your home computer.

Just click here, and then on "Display" several times. The 20/60 line will be
displayed. As a start, tell us if you can read this line at 20 feet (or 6 meters).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

What line can you read 1/2 the letters correctly?

Bates best,

Otis
I could barely make that out from about 9-10 feet away. Surely couldn't see it from 20.
Dear Ignorant Bum,

Subject: The "first step" is the hardest.

If you can "just make out" the 20/60 line at 10 feet, then
you have 20/120 vision on an "official" Snellen.

Now you know -- and now you can start with Bates to see
with you can accomplish.

David will help you as much as possible.

Can you get along with no glasses (except for school)?

That is what Dr. Bates suggested. I know this is difficult to do.

But the next step is to begin the recommendations by Bates.

You have made a start!

best,

Otis
Actually, I've tossed the glasses into a box and I'm doing fine without them in school(can't see the board tho Big Grin ). I started palming about 3 weeks ago but was still using my glasses heavily for 3D modeling. Right now, I can't really do much 3D but I can hold that off. I tried sunning Thursday and Friday and on Friday my eyes felt funny(probably not used to it). I have the discipline to do the exercises everynight so that isn't a problem at all. I think If I stay consistent for some months I can do it
I can tell you from my experience that the process can be very slow. I've been trying for 4 months without glasses. Doing exercises excessively everyday. But I had no long term improvement. I had short clear flashes.

But in the long term it worsened my eyesight. I can now barely read what I'm writing. Last weak my near vision droped from 20/20 to 20/70. By that I mean the close up view. And also my distant vision is a lot worse. A lot of that randomly out of the blu sky and I haven't even been wearing glasses. Do I deserve that?

Just so you know it can go backwards.
Please list the exercises.
How do you do them?
Maybe I can give you a better routine.
Bates method is not exercises. Bates method is done relaxed, no force, no effort.
How is your neck? Tight or relaxed? Moves easily?
Diet... Stress level?

What is the source for your Bates method training?
One course/book selling on the internet is causing some of people visual stress, no improvement.
It has alot of exercises involving staring at a point or two point at the same time, no eye movement and other harmful activities.
The eyes need to move and we practice the Bates method; shifting, central fiaxtion to get the eyes to do it 'on their own', completely natural.
Well I do palming for about 20 minutes a night in a dark room with no light, sunning for about 5-10 minutes every 3 days, some daily neckrolls, a exercise in the book called edging where I trace along the edges of objects using my eyes(which I do on the bus/train on my way home), and the last one is another form of edging where you hold a card away from your eye while your other hand is covering the other eye, then move in the card slowly until you can see the card clearly then snap your arm back to where it was original for about ten times(I do 20 just in case). Also almost forgot, another exercise is where you use a pen or finger and move it left to right, up to down, downleft to upright, upleft to downright, and clockwise and counterclockwise circles, each 10 times. Usually, I rarely go even near the amount of calories I can eat daily unless its a Saturday where I eat some McDonald's(I am 6" 3' 159 lbs.). Lol @ Stress, don't have any.
Palming, sunning good. Neck rolls ok. Massage will help too. Long swing, infinity swing (figure eight), cross crawl.
Edging is ok but use it also for tracing, 'edgeing' smaller parts of objects; edges a house, then the windows, then window panes, bricks in the chimney...a fine print letter.
Use the nosefeather.
Some of the other stuff sounds more like exercise, not really Bates.
If it works, ok, but if it causes strain, tension dont do it.
Switching, shifting on objects at close and far distances with both eyes, one eye at a time is better than moving the hand in and out all the time.
I move fine print close and distant sometimes but at a relaxed speed and i also stop sometimes at various distances to read it, shift on the print or a pen... so practice clear vision at all distances.
Too much time looking at one distance, one object limits eye movement, can activate staring, blur.
The normal eye moves freely; object to object, part to part, distance to distance.
Blink, relax, shift.
When using one eye; cover the other with a patch so the arm does not get tired, tense and bring tension up into the shoulders, neck resonate to the head, eye muscles, eyes.
Avoiding sugar, espicially white processed helps improve eye health, clarity.
See my website for free help.

I was asking Mzero this question too.
Three of my website readers/students read his post, got scared and now write me saying they are afraid to continue with Bates mehtod.
Two are getting more vision improvement and it was easy to encourage them back to practice.
One is new, hope that person sees this post and gets more understanding of Mzero's exact situation.
Please write us here.
I have a few methods i have not posted on my website yet due to months of spell checking 1200 pages of Better Eyesight Magazines.
If you want ot try them; email me and i will send a breif post.

Thanks
Clark Night.
Something Weird happened today. While I was watching tv, some weird bright flash of light flashed before my eyes. I thought it was a clear flash but nothing was clear. I don't know what happened, perhaps it was because I was watching the simpsons.
A clear flash isn't a flash of light. Same word, different meaning.

As to the flashes of light, I'll sometimes see a flash of light to my side that I can't find a reason for, or when I'm closing my eyes going to bed. I just chalk it up to "who knows" or to humans not knowing as much about the world as they think they do.

Could also be a disease, if you want to be scared.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Migraine headache can cause bright moving, zig-zaggin lights and partial temporary vision loss, blur, fuzzy vision.
Sunus conjestion espicially in dry air can cause floaters, lights in corner of eye near top nose.
I believe the sinus conjestion places pressure on the eyeball.
Detrached retina can cause light, tons of floaters.
My friend had flashing lights and went to doctor and was ok. Nothing wrong with eyes.
Get a check up but dont scare yourself. Dr. Bates tells a story in Better Eyesight Magazines about a man that had blur and all kinds of optical illusions, floaters...
Bates cured him.
Wow clarknight sure does know his stuff. Funnily I've been dealing with a cold for the past 2-3 days and 4 days before that I did have a headache. Havn't palmed in those days because I'm not feeling so well.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now