MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Supplementing Bates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplementing Bates
Hi all

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wondered if anyone has had any luck supplementing the Bates Method with anything else?
For instance diet, exercise, meditation, change in attitude/way of being, sleep patterns etc...

I remember someone mentioned something along the lines of who would play Bates in a movie....how about Robert Redford? Big Grin

Ok, take care.
Actually I think Redford might be a little old for the role.

Anyway, just to offer my tip for what it's worth..

I think that apart from the Bates method(if you choose to take that approach)...a more natural approach to life helps, honouring emotions, not fooling yourself..that's helped me and maybe it'll help you.

Take care.
Recently I've gotten a lot better at this, just by going on how I feel. Just noticing how I feel has helped a lot. When there is strain and blurry vision I know I am holding on to too much tension - usually arising from some sort of anxious thought.

Maybe others have noticed this, and if not, I think it's a good method to improve eyesight.

Wink
hi footballman,

I've noticed the same thing: go by how I feel and most importantly, listen honestly to how I feel! It seems that people with perfect sight can do that a lot easier.

I have some links for yoga and autogenics on my blog if you're interested.

Best wishes,
Sorrisi
Hi Sorrisi,

I think that strain itself is a feeling of some discomfort, irritation, anxiousness and general dis-ease. And though we may not wish to acknowledge it a lot of people with myopia are continuously creating it. So yes, honest acknowledgement or awareness of something being wrong in the first place is required before you can begin to make any changes to how you go about life. I personally think this is a journey of listening to the body more, listening to how you feel, following your desires and not simply doing things because society or others would have you believe it's the right thing for you.

Have you found meditation or yoga to be beneficial for eyesight and improve how you feel?
I suppose joining a yoga class might be a good thing and might make me more committed to doing things in life, with less tension in general.

Congratulations on your improvement by the way! I have had flashes of perfect vision(which is so unmistakeable when it comes). Strangely enough a few times it has happened when I play tennis, at which point playing becomes so much more easier(and I play so much better)...since I can see the top of the net and the tennis ball crystal-clear ;D
Perhaps supplementing Bates with Alexander Technique and Acupressure.

Look at Clark Night's website for Acupressure points or just go to Acupuncture Today and search for Acupressure Eyesight.....

Try taking Flax Seed Oil or Fish Oil (the kind without mercury, as that is not good for you, which I'm sure everyone knows).

Good luck to all,
blauw
A year ago I decided I needed to start 'religiously' taking a daily multivitamin - I had been taking one 'with iron' 'regularly' for some years prior, since I've always been a little bit anemic. Well, this time, I went for the Centrum Silver - because I'm over 50, and I didn't notice for a few months that it has maximum(?) Vitamin A with 40% as Beta Carotene. I gradually began noticing markedly better and longer duration clear vision events ('flashes') especially during my daily morning commute and at other times while either driving or as a passenger. (Yes, I usually dare to drive without my 20/40 glasses on my memorized low speed daily commute. I have done so for 5+ years. I also play sports such as tennis and golf without them. I do not recommend it for anyone else.). After noticing the difference, and the Vit.A/Beta Carotene, I did a little research (e.g., Wikipedia) and found that Vit.A is necessary for the 120M rods and 6M cones to do their job in the retina. There is also science indicating excessive alcohol inhibits or prevents the Vit.A absorption or function - which was relevant given a family history of alcoholism going back 2 or 3 generations, and my own youthful (14 - 21) indiscretions therewith.
Anyway, the improvement continues and continues to improve. Vitamin A with Beta Carotene - try it, you might like it!
JMartinC4 Wrote:A year ago I decided I needed to start 'religiously' taking a daily multivitamin - I had been taking one 'with iron' 'regularly' for some years prior, since I've always been a little bit anemic. Well, this time, I went for the Centrum Silver - because I'm over 50, and I didn't notice for a few months that it has maximum(?) Vitamin A with 40% as Beta Carotene. I gradually began noticing markedly better and longer duration clear vision events ('flashes') especially during my daily morning commute and at other times while either driving or as a passenger. (Yes, I usually dare to drive without my 20/40 glasses on my memorized low speed daily commute. I have done so for 5+ years. I also play sports such as tennis and golf without them. I do not recommend it for anyone else.). After noticing the difference, and the Vit.A/Beta Carotene, I did a little research (e.g., Wikipedia) and found that Vit.A is necessary for the 120M rods and 6M cones to do their job in the retina. There is also science indicating excessive alcohol inhibits or prevents the Vit.A absorption or function - which was relevant given a family history of alcoholism going back 2 or 3 generations, and my own youthful (14 - 21) indiscretions therewith.
Anyway, the improvement continues and continues to improve. Vitamin A with Beta Carotene - try it, you might like it!

Interesting JMartin!

I'll look into it. I remember taking Flaxseed Oil last year and noticed that colour's stood out more and that I could see better..... but sadly last year I had tried the sort of exercise your eyes thing that had nothing to do with relaxation..... but now I'm here doing the Bates Method and whatever else has helped people.

I'll pick up some more Flaxseed Oil. Omega-3 is essential for the eyes, as are most Fatty Acids, although to much Omega-6 can cause problems.....

Good luck to all,
blauw

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now