MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Introduction and my mission

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and my mission
I have been myopic since the 1st grade. I believe that first prescription was most likely around -1 or -2 with not being able to see the board in school. I have just turned 28 and recieved a prescription of -9.50(contacts) in both eyes a year ago. Over the summer i contemplated joining the military since i deeply regretted not doing so after college. My dream was to be a rescue swimmer and now i want pararescue in the AF. For this to happen I need at least my prescription to decrease by at least -3.00 diopters. That of course will be my only way of recieving a waiver for PRK. Yes i know most of you are not advocates of this, but I'm not getting any younger. I started a workout this morning after i woke up. It consisted of palming for 10 minutes. Centralisation(didn't really know what i should've been looking at, except for using a peacock's feather as an example), Swinging(didn't totatlly understand this either) with my eyes focusing on something while my body turns, Shifting focus of two objects one close and one distant, looking at an imaginary clock at the end of the room and focusing on the numbers and ending my session with palming for 5 minutes.

I don't see any workouts on here so I basically made my own. I'm going to do a little before bed tonight also.

One of my questions are what type of optometrist can i see for a decreased prescription. I read about behavior optometrists but don't know if they are all familiar with natrual vision correction.

Thanks
Dear I Want to See,

SInce I don't know where you live, I can only post the Link of
an optometrist who also wanted to see with no minus lens.

It is my understanding that she used Bates methods and got
her distant vision back. Here is the site:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.optometrists.org/Boston/articles.html">http://www.optometrists.org/Boston/articles.html</a><!-- m -->

Since she posts here phone number, you could give her a call
and ask her to support your efforts.

Best,

Otis
thanks otis i live in nyc
I noticed a sense of straining in my eyes. like a soreness. I think this is because I am taking off my glasses throughout the day when i don't need them. This will no help tomorrow however since im going to put in contacts :-(.
The cornea changes shape often and more when the eye is returning to normal shape using Bates method, Natural Eyesight Improvement.
The contacts will not fit the continually changing cornea shape and can scrape, injure the cornea.
Contacts and the contact lense solutions cause frequent eye infections, injury. People have gone blind, lost an eye.
Please stay with reduced eyeglasses and try to go without glasses as often as possible.
Just wanted to fill the board on my progress. No progress yet or obvious results yet. However when i put my glasses on after going cold turkery for a while its crazy how strong my prescriptioin is. Im reading the computer close and anything close without glasses. My eyes are strained when doing this. I constantly have to look away. I put contacts in now but very seldom. If i do i'll put one it. I figure one in my weak eye so that one is overemphasized. I'm seeing a behavioral optometrist on fridayt. I did not get to talk to him but the cambridge institute referred me to him. I left a message regarding my situation and if he's heard of the bates method. Well the receptionist got back to me didn't mention about bates or anything but just said he'll see me friday. Most likely im going to get a -8.00 prescription vs my -10.00. Im hoping i see results. I have yet to read the whole bates book in full but im getting alot of knowledge from this site and the rest of the net. I truly believe this is possible.

It feels great to walk outside with my naked eyes. I can't read for shit, but its great taking in the sunrays and all the vivid colors during the day. Nighttime vision sucks. Also when i walking around the block and somebody notices me its funny because they always say hi first. If they didn't I would probably ignore them. Up close however i can usually make out their profile and recognize them.
Cambridge Institute is good.
I took their home study course years ago and got improvement in vision, along with using Bates method.
Let us know how the Behavioral Optometrist works out: If he prescribes reduced lenses, teaches Bates method...
Avoid those contact lenses.
They can and often do cause cornea injury.
(I posted this under another topic, by mistake. still not sure where to post it.) I just joined this forum. My 8-yr old daughter is short-sighted and has been using glasses since a year, and the number has worsenend in one year. More than her vision, i'm concerned about the state of her eyes. They would water on and off, sinch she was 3, for no apparent reason. They donot water much now. But the insides of her lower eye-lids are often red. And the area below her eyes seems thinner than normal. She also cannot tolerate as much sunlight as ppl normally can. I've read a few articles on the Bates method, and also have Dr. Bates book. But dont feel sure about what is happening to her eyes. Took her to a conventional doctor, who said that her eye-sight will keep on weakening and that's normal. I doubt there would be a Bates doctor where I live (UAE). I donot find the Bates method articles to be fully explanatory; would prefer a physical demo of the method. I would appreciate suggestions on how to proceed. And also if you know of any helpful practitioner in UAE.
Everything I know is on http://www.cleareyesight.info
More to be posted this year.
Is she exposed to any microscopic...mold, chemicals, lead?
Have a doctor do a hair analylsis, blood tests.
Does she get enough sunlight?
Kids that are inside all the time often have eye inflammations and other problems.
Glasses will worsen eye problems.
Good diet? Just one specific vitamin, mineral missing can lower eye health.
Fresh organic greens, colorful vegetables, fruits, berries and other healthy food should be consumed.
Is she eating, drinking anything unhealthy?
Sunglasses and lack of full spectrum outdoor sunlight weaken the eyes, cause watering eyes, lower tolerance to sunlight, impair overall health.
Not enough sunlight impairs absorption of nutrients.
Not getting proper diet, impairs natual tolerance to sunlight.

How is her neck muscles? Tense? Any injuries? If so, physical therapy can help.
E-mail me for a free book; <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mclearsight@aol.com">mclearsight@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download