MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Plus lens therapy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plus lens therapy
Greetings!

I'm thinking about trying plus lens therapy but I'd like some advice on how to go about it. My right eye is -1.75 wtih -1.00 of astigmatism and my left is -2.25 with -.75 of astigmatism. I'm keen to try the plus lens when using a computer or reading. I'm fortunate enough not to require any minus correction for reading or using a computer. The weakest plus lens I could find was a +1 but I can't see the computer screen easily with those on unless I make the font sizes much bigger. So I was wondering:

1. Is there somewhere (preferably on the internet) I can get a .5 + ?
2. When wearing the plus, do Bates methods like sketching, shifting, etc. still apply?
3. Would it be better to get a lens prescribed by a behavioral optometrist?

Cheers, JW
Dear John,

As I understand it, the plus is intended for prevention.

The best first step is to determine your best visual acuity -- by you checking yourself. Click here,
and then print out Joel Schnider's chart.

Put is in sun light and determine which line you can read 1/2 the letters correctly on.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html">http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html</a><!-- m -->

Then let us know.

I would suggest continuation with the Bates method(s), as the best way to clear your Snellen. Bates
was very strong in suggesting you check this yourself.

Best,

Otis
otis Wrote:Dear John,

As I understand it, the plus is intended for prevention.

The best first step is to determine your best visual acuity -- by you checking yourself. Click here,
and then print out Joel Schnider's chart.

Put is in sun light and determine which line you can read 1/2 the letters correctly on.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html">http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html</a><!-- m -->

Then let us know.

I would suggest continuation with the Bates method(s), as the best way to clear your Snellen. Bates
was very strong in suggesting you check this yourself.

Best,

Otis

Thanks Otis,

I'll follow your suggestions,.

Cheers, JW
My visual acuity is 20/40 when I used the chart outdoors in direct sunlight.

Cheers, JW
Plus lens therapy can be risky.
I know a lady that developed a cataract after/during use of plus lenses.
Her doctor was going to operate.
She went back to Bates method, stopped the Plus lenses and the cataract disappeared, no surgery.
A man that posts on some vision forums also uses plus lens therapy and developed a cataract.
People should be telling you the whole truth.
Your vision is not that impaired.
Why take a chance on using lenses when you can go natural with Bates method and get safe, clear vision, healthy eyes?
Use of all eyeglasse lenses, contact lenses impairs natural function of the eyes, clarity of vision.
Let the eye muscles return to normal function by use of completely natural methods.
Then you will not have relaspes, other eye problems.
If vision fluxuates in the future, (as it normally does for everyone), you can do a quick Bates method, no dependence on glasses and get back to 20/20 and clearer.
I have been putting off speaking about this because I post alot on here and do not want to hog the forum, but this must be written.
I haven't contributed to this topic sooner because I have limited personal experience with plus lenses, since just doing without my fairly strong minus glasses has the same effect on my vision. I bought a cheap pair of +1s at the dollar store & wore them around a bit, going for a walk with them, & I found them extremely annoying -- I just don't like glasses on my face! David DeAngelis talks about plus lenses in his book, to use with his exercises when you've improved your myopia to -1 or so & seem to be stuck & not able to go any further. However, like Clark Knight, I feel that good Bates practices would be enough. I feel the same way about children told to read or do computer work with plus glasses so as to prevent myopia; I think if you have good vision habits this shouldn't be necessary.
clarknight Wrote:Plus lens therapy can be risky.
I know a lady that developed a cataract after/during use of plus lenses.
Her doctor was going to operate.
She went back to Bates method, stopped the Plus lenses and the cataract disappeared, no surgery.
A man that posts on some vision forums also uses plus lens therapy and developed a cataract.
People should be telling you the whole truth.
Your vision is not that impaired.
Why take a chance on using lenses when you can go natural with Bates method and get safe, clear vision, healthy eyes?
Use of all eyeglasse lenses, contact lenses impairs natural function of the eyes, clarity of vision.
Let the eye muscles return to normal function by use of completely natural methods.
Then you will not have relaspes, other eye problems.
If vision fluxuates in the future, (as it normally does for everyone), you can do a quick Bates method, no dependence on glasses and get back to 20/20 and clearer.
I have been putting off speaking about this because I post alot on here and do not want to hog the forum, but this must be written.

I didn't know that plus lenses could cause problems like the ones you describe. Very interesting. I became interested in Plus Lens therapy after reading (or trying to!) 'The secret of Perfect vision'.

Cheers, JW
Nancy Wrote:I haven't contributed to this topic sooner because I have limited personal experience with plus lenses, since just doing without my fairly strong minus glasses has the same effect on my vision. I bought a cheap pair of +1s at the dollar store & wore them around a bit, going for a walk with them, & I found them extremely annoying -- I just don't like glasses on my face! David DeAngelis talks about plus lenses in his book, to use with his exercises when you've improved your myopia to -1 or so & seem to be stuck & not able to go any further. However, like Clark Knight, I feel that good Bates practices would be enough. I feel the same way about children told to read or do computer work with plus glasses so as to prevent myopia; I think if you have good vision habits this shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks Nancy. I'll continue with my Bate's practices then!

Cheers, JW
Johnwayne (and anyone else) may have a free Bates Natural Vision Improvement E-book?
I give away a few freebies each month.
Full search with bookmarks. Derived from a variety of different teachers and Bates himself.
Send me a E-mail and I will download you a free copy.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:mclearsight@aol.com">mclearsight@aol.com</a><!-- e -->
I've read that Plus Lens therapy should be used on people below the age of 35..... as 35 can be an age where presbyopia sets in.....perhaps that is why it made some develop cataracts as they were over 35 years old?

I'll keep using Bates and once I make my way to 20/50 or so I will try this method for a few days..... But I'll still practice Bates.....

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now