MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
some imrovement after 5 months

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some imrovement after 5 months
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum though I have read some of your success stories and other pages on this site before. After doing Bates for 5 months - lots of palming, some sunning, swinging and other exercises - I've had some improvement according to measurements by my optometrist today. My nearsightedness has improved .25 diopters in the right eye, and 1.5 diopters in the left. The astigmatism in my right eye - 1.25 - was totally gone. I am happy with this improvement. Bates methods really do seem to work. I've been investing about 2 hours per day. It's a lot of time but I think it's worth it and plan to continue. Any comments - and especially encouragement which really helps to keep me going - are most welcome. Thanks!
veganbrownie Wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum though I have read some of your success stories and other pages on this site before. After doing Bates for 5 months - lots of palming, some sunning, swinging and other exercises - I've had some improvement according to measurements by my optometrist today. My nearsightedness has improved .25 diopters in the right eye, and 1.5 diopters in the left. The astigmatism in my right eye - 1.25 - was totally gone. I am happy with this improvement. Bates methods really do seem to work. I've been investing about 2 hours per day. It's a lot of time but I think it's worth it and plan to continue. Any comments - and especially encouragement which really helps to keep me going - are most welcome. Thanks!

That is awesome!

I've been doing this for three weeks and have noticed some blurs disappearing, although a lot is still blurry it is becoming more distinct. In a few months time I will measure my Snellen and I HOPE it will be much better. I should invest more time. I do about 30 mins depending on my schedule at that certain point. But generally I go from 15-30 mins.

I hope you can clear your Snellen. You are quite close.

It appears that palming seems to be a very useful method.

Good luck.
Thanks blauw! I spend a lot of time on Bates techniques, trying to incorporate them into daily activities, and make time for palming. Some people get a lot of improvement with less time invested it seems. 30 minutes a day is quite good, I think you will see some improvement soon Smile

I see you're at 20/160. That's about what I get in bright sunlight. Indoors it's more like 20/500. I'm very nearsighted, probably the most nearsighted one on this forum! Don't know if I'll ever get close to 20/40 which is my ultimate goal. But having this improvement is so encouraging. It's great not to have any astigmatism anymore. Also my eyes aren't as dry as they used to be, and my night vision is much improved. My eyes feel "happier" I guess. Going to try for another 1.5 diopters improvement in 6 months...

Good luck to you too!

Hi, veganbrownie, congratulations on your success! 8)
Just continue. It is great you can devote some regular time to this. I would just add as I am reading about this (natural vision training and Dr. bates method) the length of the traing doesn't depend on the diopter, or how long have you been wearing glasses, etc. It seems that all depends how long does it takes you to relax. Now, I am also struggling with this relaxation. I am 7 months in training, although I do not spend much time doing exercises, and am now somewhere around 20/70 (starting 20/200)although have some flashes on 20/40 line, on good light and after some swinging and shifting. I also had some -2 astigmatism, and aroudn -2 sphere. It looks like it takes longer then I was initially predicted, a few weeks, but whatever, I don't think to give up. So, I think we need to build up positive thinking (you can do it by positive affirmations), nutrition, avoiding strain, and teach the eye to move more freely and catch the light. You are right about "happy" eyes, I also feel my eyes very happy and free - after 33 years of wearing glasses in last 7 months they are finally free. I think there is no power that will put me back into glasses, I am now much more confident to say NO to the discomfort, disorientation, lost of focus in reading, thinking, work, etc... which was all beiing produced by poor vision - but under glasses(contacts).

And I am also noticing the eyes are not so dry, are more shiny, the white is more white.

Good luck and go on!

And keep us informed, this world needs more success stories = MIRACLES, espetially future generations!

Cheers!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download