MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
broken eyesight after looking at the sun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
broken eyesight after looking at the sun
Hi.
As a title topic, i think i was looking to much in the sun both eyes and one of them. After that , sun did nothing to left eye but to right - yes.

In left i have some simple blur. I right i see some yellow color sometimes but this isnt a problem. When im looking right eye in center i see something like a white dot which cover this , what i see. This is small dot, but main problem is it , there is in the center of my eyesight.

I did palm even 1 hour, many swings and remembering black dot.
What should i do else ? I have this second day right now.
The Bates Method has cured some serious eye diseases, more than simple myopia or astigmatism, just with relaxation, but if there's a lot of strain to release it will take longer. I'd keep up the palming or whatever relaxes you, & imagine myself seeing clearly. If you're really concerned, go see an eye doctor to have it checked out. You should not be looking directly at the sun, ever. Sunning is a practice of closing the eyes & letting the sunlight fall on your closed eyelids. I'm not a doctor, but I totally believe in Bates & relaxation & the wisdom of the human body to heal most eye problems. Let us know what happens.
Quote:You should not be looking directly at the sun, ever.

But I very like looking directly at the sun.

That was happend between 12-13 o'clock when sun is most rising. In one eye sun was getting yellow color or black(20/60), but on second eye was white(20/50). I was looking about twenty or little more minutes(with blinking etc).
The least sun does to my eyes between 7-9 and 17-20. Then i can look without strain or somethink Big Grin
Well there you go.

I don't know if someone told you to do it, but you gotta exercise a little common sense and caution. I'm not against sungazing, but you gotta take it easy with things like that.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
belive Wrote:
Quote:You should not be looking directly at the sun, ever.

But I very like looking directly at the sun.

That was happend between 12-13 o'clock when sun is most rising. In one eye sun was getting yellow color or black(20/60), but on second eye was white(20/50). I was looking about twenty or little more minutes(with blinking etc).
The least sun does to my eyes between 7-9 and 17-20. Then i can look without strain or somethink Big Grin

Just because you like looking directly at the sun doesn't mean you should do it.

I think in the Bates Method when sunning or any other sun involved exercise you should be doing it when the sun isn't at its peak intensity.

If this blob from the sun sticks around I would go see a doc about it.

Good to all,
blauw
I just learned this.

When you stare at the sun, it burns your retina. This causes blind spots...... Sunburning on the retina is different from that of tissue that is say on your leg. As it is thick and replenishes itself. The Retinal cells die.

So I would be careful with this sungazing Belive...... I'm not sure you should keep looking at the sun.... not a good thing. Palm, and continue the Bates Method.... but lay off the sun gazing?? ???

Just my opinion....

But I think if this blob in your eye continues then get it checked....

Good luck to all,
Blauw
everyone, please tell the truth, instead of being parrots

in this very website is detailed information that women, children, men stared at the sun with their naked eyes for hours and were not harmed,

do you not read ?

the answer to this question must be yes

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch17.html">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch17.html</a><!-- m -->

its okay to not know, but don't speak about what you don't know as if you do

outlined in this chapter
- sunlight, good for eyes
direct looking at sun, good if you can handle it ,
- damage from sun ? not true, an illusion
uv rays bad ? no, they are good

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/fig46.jpg">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/fig46.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Fig. 46. Woman With Normal Vision Looking Directly at the Sun. Note That the Eyes are Wide Open and That There Is No Sign of Discomfort.

since you have just learned something new, tell people about it, so they can learn the truth , abandon glasses, and work on reclaiming their eye sight and making the eyes healthy
HareOm Wrote:everyone, please tell the truth, instead of being parrots

in this very website is detailed information that women, children, men stared at the sun with their naked eyes for hours and were not harmed,

do you not read ?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch17.html">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch17.html</a><!-- m -->

outlined in this chapter

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/fig46.jpg">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/fig46.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Fig. 46. Woman With Normal Vision Looking Directly at the Sun. Note That the Eyes are Wide Open and That There Is No Sign of Discomfort.

since you have just learned something new, tell people about it, so they can learn the truth , abandon glasses, and work on reclaiming their eye sight and making the eyes healthy

Interesting. So if these spots that belive is seeing are illusions then if other exercises are done like palming (or something) could belive not just try to get rid of that illusion??

I've always heard people saying to much of a good thing can be a bad thing...... but how true that is I do not know....

I've read on some Bates sites that one should only do these sun exercises when the sun isn't at its peak intensity..... why is that?
Bates magazines give details of people getting a scatoma?? from looking at the sun but it eventually goes away and the magazines report no eye, vision impairment, only benefit.
Bates teachers today advise only closed eyes sunning and movement of the head side to side.
Looking at the clouds, bright sky on a sunny day, away from the sun is beneficial but avoid sunburn.
Sun-gazers still look at the sun, but in Bates time he advised if you do sun-gaze to always keep the eyes moving, shifting side to side of the sun and blink. No staring: Eye immobility=not natural eye function, sun concentrates on one area of eye.
Depletion of the earths ozone layer, time of day, strength of the light, area of the planet, altitude, snow...reflections all effect strength, intensity of the sun.
I believe looking directly at the sun is harmful to the retina. Closing the eyes and sunning them sounds okay. I've never tried it specifically, but I've done plenty of relaxing at the beach. Since the sun can easily burn my unprotected skin, and I have no way of 'protecting' any part of my actual eyeballs, why in the world would I look directly at the sun? Don't do it.

blauw Wrote:

do you not read ?

outlined in this chapter

Interesting. So if these spots that belive is seeing are illusions then if other exercises are done like palming (or something) could belive not just try to get rid of that illusion??

I've always heard people saying to much of a good thing can be a bad thing...... but how true that is I do not know....

I've read on some Bates sites that one should only do these sun exercises when the sun isn't at its peak intensity..... why is that?
That is how I feel. I think sunning with eyes closed is okay..... but there is something about the way sungazing instructions are written when I first read it I thought look directly at it.... but never tried but then realized it meant look in the general direction and not at it. Perhaps it should be done this way?

I personally like sunning with my eyes closed.

JMartinC4 Wrote:I believe looking directly at the sun is harmful to the retina. Closing the eyes and sunning them sounds okay. I've never tried it specifically, but I've done plenty of relaxing at the beach. Since the sun can easily burn my unprotected skin, and I have no way of 'protecting' any part of my actual eyeballs, why in the world would I look directly at the sun? Don't do it.

blauw Wrote:

do you not read ?

outlined in this chapter

Wow, interesting discussion. Personnally, I'm too scared of potential consequences of gazing at the sun directly. I have to agree with the one contributer, Bates does talk about looking directly at the sun without ill effect; though not something I do. But for those who have an interest, do a google on something called Trakata yoga. One of the practices is gazing at the sun and is supposed to be beneficial for the eyesight. HOWEVER, in the reading that I've done about it, it is only done when the sun is at its least intensity, I think early morning. They often substitute very bright lamp flames. I've practiced gazing at the filament of bright incadesent bulbs as well as candles. Personally, I get more out of just simple palming or focusing on relaxing my cornea with my eyes closed, and then trying to maintain relaxation when I'm using my eyes. Remember, the issue is not simply to gaze at something bright or just palm, but to learn to relax the eyes and the mind; so don't forget the mind aspect. A relaxed mind results in better vision, greater mental capacity, and increased quality of life in many respects.

To sum it up, I've only got one pair of eyes and I'm not willing to risk them staring at the sun. I'd be interested, Belive, in a followup post letting us know what happens with your vision as a result of your looking directly at the sun. I wish you all the best on everything being okay.
As someone studing to be a Bates Natural Vision Improvement teacher I find I teach best, the Bates method activites that I perform with benefit on myself and cure of eye problems that I have experienced myself; close and distant blur, astigmatism, slight convergence off.
Decided to test straight at the sun, sun-gazing on myself yesterday, late afternoon.
I was left with a small red (scatoma?) light patch in visual field that lasted all night and today. Is now fading to yellow and on and off reappears. Never had this before and have looked into the sun in the past with the after effect of lights that last only a few minutes. Like when looking at a light bulb accidently.
May have also been a bright firework exploding close to me last night.
Sun-gazing is too risky!
I am staying with closed eye sunning only and looking at the bright sky occasionally.

Special note: There is a Solar Eclipse near the 21st of july. Do not look at/near the sun during a eclipse even when eyes are closed.
Yellow spot in visual field from looking at sun (or fireworks) disappeared yesterday afternoon.
Clark, this is great. I was pretty sure when it lightened from red to yellow that it was on its way out. Thanks for letting u know.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now