MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Question - would the Bates Method work for someone with....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question - would the Bates Method work for someone with....
So I am curious.

Would Bates Method work for someone with Keratoconus? This interests me. As it works for Astigmatism, which is (commonly?) a corneal shape issue.

Any one have any ideas?

Has anyone reduced their keratoconus with the Bates Method?

Good luck to all
blauw
Bates wrote several articles about keratoconus. If you are interested in knowing more about using the Bates method to heal keratoconus, on the visionsofjoy.org website you will find an ebook for sale ($12) with everything Bates wrote about keratoconus (conical cornea). See <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/books.htm">www.visionsofjoy.org/books.htm</a><!-- w -->.
Regards,
Esther
esthervdw Wrote:Bates wrote several articles about keratoconus. If you are interested in knowing more about using the Bates method to heal keratoconus, on the visionsofjoy.org website you will find an ebook for sale ($12) with everything Bates wrote about keratoconus (conical cornea). See <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/books.htm">http://www.visionsofjoy.org/books.htm</a><!-- m -->.
Regards,
Esther

Hiya Esther,

I'll check it out. It interested me after looking at videos on youtube about keratoconus.

Keratoconus could be related to Astigmatism.... as in the cornea is deformed???

Good luck to all,
blauw
Yes. The following is from Bates' Better Eyesight magazine, June 1927:

Quote:Conical Cornea
The question has often been asked if relaxation treatment benefits conical cornea with its large amount of irregular astigmatism. The contraction of the superior and inferior oblique muscles squeezes the eyeball and increases the length of the optic axis. As s result of this pressure, the back part of the eyeball becomes thinner and bulges backwards with the production of irregular astigmatism. The scientific name for this bulging of the back of the eye is "Posterior Staphyloma.” Less frequently, the front part of the eye, the cornea, may bulge in the form of a conical mass and is accordingly termed "conical cornea."

Since a strain causes the bulging of the back part or the front part of the eyeball, rest or relaxation of the strain should be and is followed by relief.

Regards,
Esther
esthervdw Wrote:Yes. The following is from Bates' Better Eyesight magazine, June 1927:

Quote:Conical Cornea
The question has often been asked if relaxation treatment benefits conical cornea with its large amount of irregular astigmatism. The contraction of the superior and inferior oblique muscles squeezes the eyeball and increases the length of the optic axis. As s result of this pressure, the back part of the eyeball becomes thinner and bulges backwards with the production of irregular astigmatism. The scientific name for this bulging of the back of the eye is "Posterior Staphyloma.” Less frequently, the front part of the eye, the cornea, may bulge in the form of a conical mass and is accordingly termed "conical cornea."

Since a strain causes the bulging of the back part or the front part of the eyeball, rest or relaxation of the strain should be and is followed by relief.

Regards,
Esther

Thanks for that info Esther.

I have a feeling the Bates Method would have worked for my grandmother who had an Astigmatism and just a few years ago had two cataract surgeries.

Her eyes also bulge, as in the muscles all around are tense and misshaping the eye. I wonder if Bates would work for her now.... she doesn't have a real cornea anymore I think.... I'm not sure.....

Good luck to all Bates Method practicers,
blauw
Hello Blauw,

I believe that the Bates method works at any age, and regardless of the condition of the eyes. What matters is the interest of the person to heal their own eyes, and a willingness to try something different. Even in those cases where a person's visual condition can not be completely cured, relaxation of the visual system will always increase the health of the eyes. Therefore it is likely to improve vision to some extent at least, and will avoid further damage to the eyes.

Regards,
Esther
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org">www.visionsofjoy.org</a><!-- w -->
esthervdw Wrote:Hello Blauw,

I believe that the Bates method works at any age, and regardless of the condition of the eyes. What matters is the interest of the person to heal their own eyes, and a willingness to try something different. Even in those cases where a person's visual condition can not be completely cured, relaxation of the visual system will always increase the health of the eyes. Therefore it is likely to improve vision to some extent at least, and will avoid further damage to the eyes.

Regards,
Esther
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org">http://www.visionsofjoy.org</a><!-- m -->

I am very interested in healing my eyes and I am very willing.

This may seem like an unanswerable question. But which Bates Technique brings about the most relaxation and success quickly??

Good luck to all,
blauw
Quote:This may seem like an unanswerable question. But which Bates Technique brings about the most relaxation and success quickly??

That is actually different for different people, and it is up to you to figure out which technique works best for you (by comparing before and after with an eyechart), and then doing most of that technique. In general, palming, blinking, swinging and using memory/imagination are the biggest 'hitters' among my students, but what you stop doing (staring, squinting, trying to see) can be even more important.

Enjoy your path to clarity.
Esther
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org">www.visionsofjoy.org</a><!-- w -->
esthervdw Wrote:
Quote:This may seem like an unanswerable question. But which Bates Technique brings about the most relaxation and success quickly??

That is actually different for different people, and it is up to you to figure out which technique works best for you (by comparing before and after with an eyechart), and then doing most of that technique. In general, palming, blinking, swinging and using memory/imagination are the biggest 'hitters' among my students, but what you stop doing (staring, squinting, trying to see) can be even more important.

Esther
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org">http://www.visionsofjoy.org</a><!-- m -->

Hi Esther,

I'll do that. I do find after palming I have increased clarity, that is somewhere around 20/50 (to 20/20 depending on the amount of relaxation, just a guess, but soon I will check this on an eyechart) I know 20/20 from palming seems a little crazy (well maybe not for some) but I have very fond memories of my 20/20 vision. So I suppose recalling those memories is important and will be useful in palming and possibly keeping a clear flash? I know now that to keep a clear flash you have to accept it as normal.

Perhaps after a palming session and going into deep relaxation and remembering my 20/20 vision and excellent clarity, I will be able to achieve a near 20/20 result?

How important exactly is rubbing ones hands together for 10 to 20 seconds before palming?

I don't squint, I've stopped staring and have stopped trying to see..... which has helped. My eyes feel happier in a way.....

Take Care everyone,
blauw
esthervdw Wrote:

Esther

Hi Esther,

I'll do that. I do find after palming I have increased clarity, that is somewhere around 20/50 (to 20/20 depending on the amount of relaxation, just a guess, but soon I will check this on an eyechart) I know 20/20 from palming seems a little crazy (well maybe not for some) but I have very fond memories of my 20/20 vision. So I suppose recalling those memories is important and will be useful in palming and possibly keeping a clear flash? I know now that to keep a clear flash you have to accept it as normal.

Perhaps after a palming session and going into deep relaxation and remembering my 20/20 vision and excellent clarity, I will be able to achieve a near 20/20 result?

How important exactly is rubbing ones hands together for 10 to 20 seconds before palming?

I don't squint, I've stopped staring and have stopped trying to see..... which has helped. My eyes feel happier in a way.....

Take Care everyone,
blauw
oops double post Sad Tongue
Rubbing your hands together before palming is not actually necessary at all, unless your hands are cold and you want to warm them up a bit...
I've been taught, about rubbing the hands before palming, that it gets the body's energy going. Then when you put your energized hands over your eyes there's healing energy as well as relaxation coming to them. It feels better to me if I rub my hands first, but like anything else, experiment with it see what feels best to you. if you're fighting it & looking at it as an annoyance to "have to" rub your hands, it won't do you as much good. An accepting, relaxed attitude is key to all the Bates "work".
Nice to see your responses, Nancy! I trust all is well with you over there on the East coast.
Regarding the rubbing together of hands before palming - I think the body's energies are always flowing; this energy doesn't really need 'activating'.
Of course if it feels nice or it helps with imagining that this energy is flowing, then the rubbing of the hands is a great thing to do before palming.
love,
Esther
Thomas Quackenbush's class taught me to not rub the palms together, it shorts out, turns off the energy. Notice this is opposite the general tradition in most church services.
The correct way to energize the hands - Place the hands about one foot apart, palms facing eachother. Move them in and out, back and forth 1 foot to 1-2 inches. Breathe abdominally and relax, visualize the energy.
With practice you can feel your own energy, aura and strengthen it between the hands and send it up and down, throughout the body and outside around the body; a protective forcefield.
If the hands are touched together the energy shuts off and you have to start over.
keep the hands apart and when the energy is strong, then place them over the eyes, palming.
This might be in the color chart, navigation chapter 24 on http://www.cleareyesight.info
Working on a new upgrade.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now