MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
are glasses better than lens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are glasses better than lens?
are lesser doses of glasses better than lens for the purpose of curing refrative errors ?
Dear Goohsm,

Quote:are lesser doses of glasses better than lens for the purpose of curing refrative errors ?

Assuming that you had a "prescribed" lens of -1 diopter, but can still pass the 20/50 line, then Dr. Bates would recommend that you never wear that minus lens.

In fact, at one point he took the minus lens glasses off the face of a person and crushed them under his foot.

I think that is the first step in prevention -- never ever starting with the minus -- and working with your Snellen to clear the legal line of 20/40 or better.

Best,
Do you mean say a reduced prescription?

get something that gives you 20/40 vision that way through Bates Method it will become 20/20 later and then by a new pair of 20/40s that will again become 20/20.

but wait till someone more experienced answers too..

Good luck to all,
blauw
I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what your question is. In case it's something like "What is the difference between wearing eyeglasses & wearing contact lenses, with regard to vision improvement?", here's something on that topic I posted earlier this year on the Effortless Vision Forum.

Vision is usually clearer through contacts than through eyeglasses, as the point of strongest correction is right in the center of the lens. So when you look up or down or to the side in glasses the lens is weaker there & your vision is blurrier, whereas with a contact it follows the movement of your eyeball. So glasses encourage your eye not to move, NOT a good thing! When I need to wear them, like to drive, I feel like I am always fighting the frames, trying to see through them.

While contacts may correct your vision more efficiently, I don't think blocking the eyeball from air/oxygen is healthy. When I used to wear them the care of them was a big pain, as they were always getting dirty or irritating my eyes. Also, it's very inconvenient to take them on & off, whereas with glasses I just move them to the top of my head, like when I'm driving & stopped at a traffic light.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download