MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
On getting started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On getting started.
Today, I am just so fed up. After looking at this forum, outlook forums and central fixation, I've decided to start the Bates method. I originally planned on doing this in college, which I start mid august. But that is too long a wait and pretty stupid. And sometimes while I use the computer my left eye (the weaker one)suddenly burns so much that there are tears. I started twenty minutes ago by putting away my glasses, lowering the screen resolution to the minimum (800x600), downloading the torch and swing windows from central fixation. Almost immediately my left eye was sore no more! It actually feels pretty good with no glasses on. However, I can't go without my glasses when my parents, especially mom is around. They start asking questions and when I tell them how brilliant the method is, they'd give me hell and tell me to put my glasses on.

Now onto my questions

1) What do you picture while palming, I have tried it twice, one successful the other not. My mind still wanders while I'm palming.

2) I have heard of other methods like swinging and snellen eye chart can I have a little more info on those.

3) I always go through my parents to order stuff on-line, I would Bates book, but my parents would react the way I mentioned above. Can I buy this book in stores?

Thank you in advance! Big Grin
Scythe Wrote:3) I always go through my parents to order stuff on-line, I would Bates book, but my parents would react the way I mentioned above. Can I buy this book in stores?

If you're talking about Perfect Sight Without Glasses, you can read it (along with other writings of Bates and his associates) online here or here.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download