MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
can i palm with my eyes open?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can i palm with my eyes open?
during palming, if i feel much relaxed with my eyes open
should i keep my open?
I think closing them would be better, but don't take my word for it.

I think which ever relaxes you the most is helpful. But one should wait for a better answer from someone more experienced.

Good luck to all,
blauw
Bates & all teachers I have worked with or read books from recommend closing the eyes when palming, gently & softly. Most people with vision problems are more relaxed with their eyes closed than open, largely because they're staring without realizing it. Yes, anything which increases your relaxation will improve your eyesight, at least temporarily. I guess if it were me I'd try to pinpoint the lack of relaxation when my eyes are closed when I palm, where it is & how it feels. If I could identify this strain I'd have a chance to see if I could then let it go.
Alternate sunning with palming.
You can daydream with eyes open while shifting on objects, thinking pleasant thoughts, then go back to palming.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now