MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Overlooked aspect behind Bates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overlooked aspect behind Bates?
I just read a chapter from Bates' Perfect Sight Without Glasses, on Central Fixation.com. I think aside from doing the exercises Bates gives an insightful account into the causes of bad vision. He explains when a young girl is doing something interesting shes sees better and when she is told to do something else which she finds uninteresting she becomes myopic. So it seems Bates advocates a life where we continuously do things that we find interesting, rather than for instance what pays the most money but we otherwise find boring. So he advocates a different type of lifestyle away from the rat race?

He also talks about good to perfect memory. From a purely personal point of view I love soccer and can remember players from decades ago and tell you what number they used to wear for club and country. I can also recall certain matches, the line-ups of the teams, who scored the goals etc...I wonder if thinking about these things, through recalling the perfect memory of them will make my eyesight better??....thing is, I don't really need to 'think' about them...I just 'know' them. Alternatively, when I try and recall the mathemtical forumla for the chain rule my mind struggles, I just can't recall it, even though I'm a student and study these things frequently.

Maybe I should be a soccer reporter or something? Big Grin
Thats interesting!
If its fun, do the soccer thing!
Wow. Really interesting. I suppose I should do more of the things I am interested in!!!

Good luck to all,
blauw
I'm coming to the conclusion that Life is a constant dance between doing what I want & what makes me feel good, & what others wants me to do & what will make money. Ideally, I'm able to do both a lot of the time. There were many aspects of my 30-year corporate career (much of it in a cubicle without a window) that I enjoyed, but if I had to do it over I'm not sure I'd spend that much time indoors -- sometimes it really felt like a fight to get outside & run every day. But with the -10 contacts I wore all the time then, there was a lot I didn't see.

I've read over & over "Do what you love & the money will follow", & I know people for whom this is true. If I were just getting out of college now this would be my goal, as it is for me in the present.
Bates also mentions Montessori education as providing benefits to children's development..'Montessori has taught us that it is only when children are interested that they can learn. It is equally true that it is only when they are interested that they can see.' The quote is from chapter XXIX 'Mind and Vision' - from the central fixation.com website.
Bates states, 'When one is not interested, in short, one's mind is not under control, and without mental control one can neither learn nor see'. I suppose when I watch soccer I must be very interested because I can remember facts very easily, everyone is impressed by it, it doesn't' feel like an effort...perhaps you are right Clarknight - I should look into it. While recalling the facts I also visualise player numbers, kit designs, facial appearances etc and find this helps with the memory. Maths on the other hand, I struggle to remember anything, so I suppose it shows my mind is just not interested in it, and so instead of fighting it(which would probably be straining) I should accept it and move on to something else.

Blauw - Yes, I think it is best to do things that you find genuinely interesting.

Nancy, do you mean concepts like those presented in the movie 'The Secret'..follow your what you want and your wishes will be granted? I think that can be a very useful concept towards restoring vision, and in life in general.

Thanks Smile
Hi Footballman, yes, I agree it is overlooked!

I often have near perfect sight when responding to comments on my blog, yet when I go back to my engineering work... I put my glasses back on because the screen blurs up. It's definitely an interest thing.

Definitely find a career that you would be interested in! It's one of my biggest regrets that I didn't do that. Be creative and don't let anyone tell you it won't make any money. It's all too easy to follow opportunities that other people think you should do. I'm hoping after my phd to bend these skills in a new direction...

S
It's interesting to hear that Sorrisi. I find that writing on here and even reading Bates, which I'm interested in, is relaxing for me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do after the PhD! I'm sure you'll make sure it's interesting.

Footballman Smile

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now