MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
THIS SITE NEEDS TO GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THIS SITE NEEDS TO GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT??
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.unleash-your-vision.com/faq.html">http://www.unleash-your-vision.com/faq.html</a><!-- m -->

I found this website. They say that the Bates Method only works the eye muscles! Never yet have I been doing eye circles etc that you find on some other vision improvement sites!

I want to see what others think of this Unleash Your Vision site...... anyone think it may be a scam?

Good luck to all,
blauw
Dear Blau,

Subject: Avoid getting "Scammed".

First, read Bates 1913 study.

Second, read your Snellen.

Third, avoid the minus if at all possible.

I have talked to quite a few people. They report a minus "prescription". They almost NEVER read a Snellen. In other words, they
don't trust themselves to look at a Snellen (bright light) and report it.

There is a element of "independence" a person should (or must) have for prevention using Bates/Prentice methods.

I personally both:

1. Read my Snellen and had obtained the standard trial-lens kit, so:

2. I measure my refractive STATE also (Which is about +1/2 diopters.)

As long as I take personal resonsbility to PASS the LEGAL LINE (i.e., 20/40, or 1.8 cm letters at 6 meters) I AM NOT GOING TO WEAR A MINUS LENS.

Futher, I am going to work TOWARDS 20/20 (brightly lit Snellen), and keep it there.

I am an engineer. I can not be "scammed" if I take complete responsibility to do all of this myself. Obviously I distrust the majority-opinion ODs and MDs who over-prescribed the minus, and say NOTHING of the "secondary effect" (proven in science) of the minus lens on the eye.

If anyone was "scammed" -- it was me as a child, by NOT being offered the preventive choice -- BEFORE THAT FIRST MINUS.

I don't like to be "scammed" in that manner -- even by well-intentioned majority-opinion ODs.

But that is indeed was Dr. Bates was all about -- technical and scientific honesty. That is what I prefer. That is whas Bates and David attempt to provide here.

Otis

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now