MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Improvement with glasses on temporarily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvement with glasses on temporarily
Ok, quick update.

I usually don't wear my glasses, but for a while I have occasionally put them on and in particular have put them on when using the computer. Occasionally while out and about without the glasses the eyesight has improved, flashes lasting a few seconds - spontaneaously coming when I'm just walking about and giving a lot less attention to my eyes or vision improvement. I probably lose the flash because, my sight improving makes me too concerned about my eyes?

But just now, before I started to write this thread, I was browsing the internet, just looking up one of my favourite T.V shows on wikipedia - again not paying attention to my eyes. For some reason I took the glasses off and could see really well - not perfectly but just a little better than usual. So it seems, wearing the glasses, if it calms me down(so I can see the computer screen without hunching forward) isn't such a bad thing..although I don't suppose wearing them all the time is great.

Footballman Smile
footballman Wrote:Ok, quick update.

I usually don't wear my glasses, but for a while I have occasionally put them on and in particular have put them on when using the computer. Occasionally while out and about without the glasses the eyesight has improved, flashes lasting a few seconds - spontaneaously coming when I'm just walking about and giving a lot less attention to my eyes or vision improvement. I probably lose the flash because, my sight improving makes me too concerned about my eyes?

But just now, before I started to write this thread, I was browsing the internet, just looking up one of my favourite T.V shows on wikipedia - again not paying attention to my eyes. For some reason I took the glasses off and could see really well - not perfectly but just a little better than usual. So it seems, wearing the glasses, if it calms me down(so I can see the computer screen without hunching forward) isn't such a bad thing..although I don't suppose wearing them all the time is great.

Footballman Smile

What is your visual acuity?

Have you thought of getting glasses that give you 20/40? That way they will eventually become 20/20.

Good luck to all,
blauw
I'm not sure what my visual acuity is, I think it is -3 in both eyes(if that makes sense)..but I try and stay away from putting a number on how much I'm straining...I don't always strain either, I sort of have moments throughout the day, when I do feel calm and in control of my thoughts (and see better) and then there are other times when I get flustered and am obviously therefore straining.

When I do feel calm and in control of my thoughts - not getting carried away by worries, then I have better vision...it's really obvious when there is improvement - one thing that is really noticeable is how the sky looks different...it's probably because the sky is quite bright...and when I'm not straining I can look at the sky with no discomfort (rigtht now I have an image in my head which was when I saw the sky near perfectly)...but when I strain the sky just seems a very bright and discomforting blur - probably causing me to squint as well.

Footballman.
Dear Footballman,

Subject: Two basic terms.

We should check our Visual Acuity on our Snellen. I think you are about 20/70 -- from what you say.

Here is a Snellen you can use to check this. This is why Bates advocated the kids do in his 1913 study.

Just click here, and then on "Display" several times.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Read at 20 feet or 6 meters.

The minus is often "over-prescribed", and a -3 seems to be excessive. You are doing what Bates suggested -- avoid using it.

Your refractive STATE is measured in diopters. If you had a trial lens kit you could measure that also.

Clear flashes are when you begin to see considerably better than 20/40. Then you can "throw away" your minus lens.

Otis
footballman Wrote:I'm not sure what my visual acuity is, I think it is -3 in both eyes(if that makes sense)..but I try and stay away from putting a number on how much I'm straining...I don't always strain either, I sort of have moments throughout the day, when I do feel calm and in control of my thoughts (and see better) and then there are other times when I get flustered and am obviously therefore straining.

When I do feel calm and in control of my thoughts - not getting carried away by worries, then I have better vision...it's really obvious when there is improvement - one thing that is really noticeable is how the sky looks different...it's probably because the sky is quite bright...and when I'm not straining I can look at the sky with no discomfort (rigtht now I have an image in my head which was when I saw the sky near perfectly)...but when I strain the sky just seems a very bright and discomforting blur - probably causing me to squint as well.

Footballman.

Have you tried observing the Universal Swing? It brings about clear flashes. Like looking at the corners of a capital "N" Look from point to point and notice how when you look to one point there is movement. Probably not a good explanation..... but try it out.

Good luck to all,
blauw

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now