MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hi everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone!
Hi everyone! I am new to these boards and just figured I would ask a couple of questions. I started the Bates Method in mid-January after seeing the eye doctor and him telling me my eyes on their own had gotten a bit better, which is pretty great. The doc even asked me if I had been eating more carrots or something as they typically don't see that happening. I think it is due to a very strict diet without gluten and casein and a few other things. Something else I was also told that my pupils were too big to get Lasik, not that I would've because I believe there's other ways of getting them better, plus how there are lots of risks involved. Anyways, so at the time of my re-testing, both eyes were -2.25 with one eye having a slight astigmatism (not sure which one.) But mainly my question is since I have been doing the Bates Method very soon after that, do you think it would be worth it to get my eyes re-examined to see where they are at? I mainly ask this since a few days ago I began to finally have some clear flashes after all this time of only noticing very small changes, like my head doesn't feel quite so strained anymore. I was wondering if I would finally have something noticeable happen to them and then it finally did!! So do you guys think it would be worth it to get re-tested or should I just wait a while longer as I know that I only have a slight amount of myopia? I was thinking it might not be worth it if I get re-examined and then have to get new lenses only to maybe have them soon after be too strong for me again. Thanks guys!
care_berry Wrote:Hi everyone! I am new to these boards and just figured I would ask a couple of questions. I started the Bates Method in mid-January after seeing the eye doctor and him telling me my eyes on their own had gotten a bit better, which is pretty great. The doc even asked me if I had been eating more carrots or something as they typically don't see that happening. I think it is due to a very strict diet without gluten and casein and a few other things. Something else I was also told that my pupils were too big to get Lasik, not that I would've because I believe there's other ways of getting them better, plus how there are lots of risks involved. Anyways, so at the time of my re-testing, both eyes were -2.25 with one eye having a slight astigmatism (not sure which one.) But mainly my question is since I have been doing the Bates Method very soon after that, do you think it would be worth it to get my eyes re-examined to see where they are at? I mainly ask this since a few days ago I began to finally have some clear flashes after all this time of only noticing very small changes, like my head doesn't feel quite so strained anymore. I was wondering if I would finally have something noticeable happen to them and then it finally did!! So do you guys think it would be worth it to get re-tested or should I just wait a while longer as I know that I only have a slight amount of myopia? I was thinking it might not be worth it if I get re-examined and then have to get new lenses only to maybe have them soon after be too strong for me again. Thanks guys!

Welcome Care!!

You don't actually have to go for a re-test... You can actually test your Snellen in your own home. You just go onto any of the Bates Method sites for instance http://www.central-fixation.com and print of a Snellen and then stand 10 or 20 feet or even closer depending on how low your acuity is to test your vision.

I'm sure others will respond with better responses, as I am to somewhat new to this. Been doing this for 8 weeks so far. With some improvement... noticeably clear flashes, and less eyestrain and my outside vision is much better now.

Good luck!
blauw
sorry about that browser is being weird
oops browser posting twice
No it is not worth getting your eyes retested. I was presented the same option, and chose not to.

Your eyes have probably made good progress already(even if you have not noticed clarity), making a recent test inaccurate. Although if money and time is not an issue, then test to your desire.
Thanks guys for the advice! I finally went and printed myself out a Snellen chart and am pretty happy I did. I put it so that I could stand ten feet from it (even got the measuring tape out) and last night I could see the third line down which is 10/70. I then could tell I had made quite a bit of progress since my brother who originally had better vision than me couldn't really even see the big C at the top of the chart from ten feet. You guys were right. It was hard to tell if I made any improvement until I looked at the chart. Just wanted to let you all know that and I will keep you guys updated as my eyes get better!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now