MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Anyone tried the exercises mentioned in this book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried the exercises mentioned in this book?
Has anyone tried the methods/exercises in the book Strengthening the Eyes by Bernarr A. MacFadden?

I am curious about these methods..... anyone got any suggestions?

He does bring up central fixation and also shows pictures about eccentric fixation

I find central-fixation to be easier now although I need to work on it.

Blauw
I think Bates name was originally on the book as author with MacFadden.
I am not sure if this is the book.
Later Bates name was removed?
Did they have a difference of opinion?
I find some of MacFaddens exercises, treatments different from Bates Method.
clarknight Wrote:I think Bates name was originally on the book as author with MacFadden.
I am not sure if this is the book.
Later Bates name was removed?
Did they have a difference of opinion?
I find some of MacFaddens exercises, treatments different from Bates Method.

I'm not sure....

MacFadden had mentioned palming, and he has those pencil exercises for near and far focus but he also has the eye rolls thing, etc.

Good luck to all,
blauw
I cant get 90% of my posts to go through so cant reply til its fixed.
I cant get 90% of my posts to go through so cant reply til its fixed.
clarknight Wrote:I cant get 90% of my posts to go through so cant reply til its fixed.

I'm having the same problem as well.... I'm not even sure if this message will go through
I am sending this to test it. David says he may have solved the problem.
In response to MacFadden: Eye rolls are not Bates but many yoga type exercises are good. Some are bad: such as staring at a candel above the eyes...
The eyes do not normally roll around as a exercise/drill but it might be ok to do that. I prefer just plain old Bates relaxation, natural movement.
Relaxing and moving the neck, practicing shifting, central fixation, long swing, sway, palming seems to do more for the eye muscles and eye movement.
I think the lemon juice eye bath can break down the eyes natural tear structure, though I have not tried it.
Maybe is ok sometimes, maybe not. i know all eye drops destroy the eyes natural tear structure and production of tears.
I have always been curious about the cheyenne pepper eye wash one person has posted on this forum.
She says it cured her floaters and that is very much needed by many people. I think it may open the capilliaries in the eyes and that improves blood, fluid flow and may enable the floaters to move out of the eyes. I think cheyenne strengthens the capilliaries??? I know eating the white part of orange, grapefriut peels strengthen the blood vessels, capilliaries. Bioflavions...
When I am done with school... will try the cheyenne on myself as experiment. I am sure it should not be done often and is created with a specific mixture. Was it flowerpower that wrote the article??
clarknight Wrote:I am sending this to test it. David says he may have solved the problem.
In response to MacFadden: Eye rolls are not Bates but many yoga type exercises are good. Some are bad: such as staring at a candel above the eyes...
The eyes do not normally roll around as a exercise/drill but it might be ok to do that. I prefer just plain old Bates relaxation, natural movement.
Relaxing and moving the neck, practicing shifting, central fixation, long swing, sway, palming seems to do more for the eye muscles and eye movement.
I think the lemon juice eye bath can break down the eyes natural tear structure, though I have not tried it.
Maybe is ok sometimes, maybe not. i know all eye drops destroy the eyes natural tear structure and production of tears.
I have always been curious about the cheyenne pepper eye wash one person has posted on this forum.
She says it cured her floaters and that is very much needed by many people. I think it may open the capilliaries in the eyes and that improves blood, fluid flow and may enable the floaters to move out of the eyes. I think cheyenne strengthens the capilliaries??? I know eating the white part of orange, grapefriut peels strengthen the blood vessels, capilliaries. Bioflavions...
When I am done with school... will try the cheyenne on myself as experiment. I am sure it should not be done often and is created with a specific mixture. Was it flowerpower that wrote the article??

Hi Clark,

I'm not sure who wrote that article.

But I've also read on many Homeopathy sites that Sesame Seed Oil warmed up is used as eye drops to treat glaucoma, myopia and trachoma.

I believe that myopia is a combination of tension of the muscles and there is also a nutritious aspect to it to.

Many people have gotten good results from using the homeopathy creations that are designed specifically to treat the eye, and they aren't chemicals either! They are natural ingredients.

I am tempted to try the Sesame Seed Oil Eye Drop thing.... but first I want to get my hands on my Flaxseed Oil supplement, as it as Omega-3/Omega-6, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, fiber, protein, zinc and lecithin all of which are very good for the eyes. I've also read that Flax Oil provides approx. 50% more omega-3 then Fish Oil. There are down sides to flaxseed and fish oil though, if one takes to much Flax they can cause bleeding problems, as the something in the body gets to weak or so.... so if you take Flaxseed don't overdose on it. Fish Oil can have unwanted mercury, the kind that is in fish is easily digestible for humans, so it gets into our blood stream.....

I'll read up on Homeopathy and the Eye. I'll see what I can find. And I'll make sure to post it!

Good luck to all,
blauw
I think ground flaxseed is better than the extracted oil. You can put this on cereal or vegetables. You have to refrigerate it, though. It's pretty cheap & any health food store or on-line supplement place will have it.
Nancy Wrote:I think ground flaxseed is better than the extracted oil. You can put this on cereal or vegetables. You have to refrigerate it, though. It's pretty cheap & any health food store or on-line supplement place will have it.

Yepp I've heard that. I'll give the ground up seed a try.... Sounds interesting.

You have to refrigerate the Oil and Capsules as well.

Blauw
Nancy Wrote:I think ground flaxseed is better than the extracted oil. You can put this on cereal or vegetables. You have to refrigerate it, though. It's pretty cheap & any health food store or on-line supplement place will have it.

Yepp I've heard that. I'll give the ground up seed a try.... Sounds interesting.

You have to refrigerate the Oil and Capsules as well.

Blauw
Maybe it was itsme that wrote about the cheyene.
I heard flax oil has high estrogen and can be 'too much' if take the oil.
Fresh ground seeds is best like in the old sugar free roman meal cereal.
No wheat, just ground flax and some other kind of fiber Grain.
Has to be fresh so oil is not rancid.
clarknight Wrote:Maybe it was itsme that wrote about the cheyene.
I heard flax oil has high estrogen and can be 'too much' if take the oil.
Fresh ground seeds is best like in the old sugar free roman meal cereal.
No wheat, just ground flax and some other kind of fiber Grain.
Has to be fresh so oil is not rancid.

I've heard that as well. I think it is something to do with the fact that it comes from a plant....

I'll try ground of seeds instead.

I also use a very good juicer that doesn't destroy the nutrients. I make Carrot juice (although not straight carrot, mixed with lemon and ginger)

I also make a lot of other tasty drinks with this juicer. All of which taste much better then pop and other sugar filled beverages.

blauw
uhm...hello i downloaded this book called rebuild ur vision....prob is tht i dnt have the accessories like those strips and charts...ANY SUGGESTIONS?
blamblam Wrote:uhm...hello i downloaded this book called rebuild ur vision....prob is tht i dnt have the accessories like those strips and charts...ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Hi Blamblam,

Please read this by the poster Hydra about the Rebuild Your Vision program (it is not the Bates Method)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...340AANvG2l

You should practice the Bates Method all you need is your relaxation, Snellen, and your own healing energy (described in detail on many Bates Method sites)

blauw

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now