MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
report of my progress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
report of my progress
Hello everybody!
I tested my eyesight outside today and readed readily the 10/15 line and (during clear flashes), the 10/10 line and a part of the 10/7 line on my snellen!
When I started the bates method last year I didn't expected such an improvement!
I was, last year, in the may month at 10/40.

I'm really happy with my progress in my vision and I'm sure that when these clear flashes will be permanent, my vision will probably be more than 10/10

Let's go everybody!
Even if you don't have a clear flash during two weeks, it will come... It's just that you are straining now.
Have a nice day!(of improvement)
Smile
Alexandre, it is great to hear of your success. Like you, I've been enjoying increased success. I would encourage you to really explore what is happening during you periods of good vision; how you are looking through your eyes, your state of mind. As you are aware, your vision and brain are at their best when relaxed. Strive to build this state of relaxation into your daily activities. Even if you are wearing glasses to function, you can still constantly be aware of your eyes and mind all day long, being alert to maintain a state of relaxation. You will find that this not only has a positive effect on vision, but has many benefits. Being constantly aware of your state of relaxation is really a form of meditation. Improves eye sight, ability to think clearly, and even allows your immune system to function more effectively. You sound like you are definitely on the road to success with your vision quest.
I completely agree with what you say. When you feel good, your sight improve, and since my end of year exams are done, my stress lower and my sight improve! Also, you may find that doing physical activity is very relaxing.
goldrx7 Wrote:Alexandre, it is great to hear of your success. Like you, I've been enjoying increased success. I would encourage you to really explore what is happening during you periods of good vision; how you are looking through your eyes, your state of mind. As you are aware, your vision and brain are at their best when relaxed. Strive to build this state of relaxation into your daily activities. Even if you are wearing glasses to function, you can still constantly be aware of your eyes and mind all day long, being alert to maintain a state of relaxation. You will find that this not only has a positive effect on vision, but has many benefits. Being constantly aware of your state of relaxation is really a form of meditation. Improves eye sight, ability to think clearly, and even allows your immune system to function more effectively. You sound like you are definitely on the road to success with your vision quest.

I notice especially on weekends when I am relaxed my sight is much better, plus I am happy.

But right now I am examining what this relaxation feels like. So that I can maintain it daily.

I do have some stressful situations coming up very soon. This Bates method stuff has relaxed me so that I don't stress about these situations.

blauw
The stressful situations that most often affects my vision are often small, unexpected events that require vision. For example, I have reached a point where I can actually read instructions on the swipe card readers at most checkouts. I used to not be able to discern when it was asking me to enter my pin, or able to see to click enter. Now I can. However, I recently got distracted and hit the clear button which deleted part of my PIN and gave me an invalid PIN message; this while there was a line behind me. Suddenly, everything on the PIN pad became impossible to read, causing me to dig for my glasses, much like a lame person grabbing his crutch. I grew up being uncomfortable and very self concious when I'm around people, thus this is the type of environment that causes me stress. Large, expected stress events don't affect me nearly as much as these small, ordinary ones. I have began to make a strong association with what Bates discusses regarding relaxing the mind. As my vision/relaxation improves, I am finding myself much more focused and comfortable in such situations. The world of medicine/psychology really missed a wonderful opportunity to improve lives when it decided to ignore Bates' work.
Man, you sound like me! I've found that needing to rush really messes me up & causes me to get anxious, & then my vision suffers. One thing I do to cope is to laugh at myself -- if I see the behavior exaggerated it looks like a ridiculous cartoon & gets me to lighten up. Most of what I think is a crisis is not at all.
OK, for an example of how ridiculous I can be when I think I have to rush, see my blog today for the dream I had last night. I dream about being late & having no time to get things done very often. If I stand back & look at the big picture instead of the tiny details I think are so important, it's not usually a problem at all. Lighten up, Nancy!
I like the idea of laughing at ones self. That's a great concept. If you ever listen to the Dalai Lama speak, he almost always pauses and chuckles at himself. It's actually a Buddhist principle to never take yourself too seriously. My big hangup at the moment, besides my panic attacks Smile is the fact that I wake up from a nights sleep or even a nap with my vision strained. It has gotten better, the more I succeed in relaxing before bed, the better I am in the morning. My first post was about this problem and if I remember correctly, you were the first person to respond to me, recommending swings and palming before bed.
By the way, Nancy, I just visited your dreamsight blog. Looks like I have some reading to catchup on there. Great site!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download