MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Suggestions please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions please
Hi all,

Well, i have a 2 months school break at the moment and would like to use this time to really improve my vision
can anyone suggest me some tips or routine

I know that we should do swinging 100 time in the morning and at night
What else?

And also, can anyone please give me some kind of time frame of how long this can take?
I know everybody is different, can it take 50 years at most? or 6 years, or for some it never cured, or what?
Just give me some numbers, i am aware that it is different for eveyone but I am really curious

thanks
Dear Sam,

Subject: Could you provide some information.

You ask, how long will it take to clear my Snellen.

We would like to reply, but we do need some measurements by you -- regardless of which method you choose to clear your Snellen and pass the required visual acuity test.

Do you have a Snellen?

What is your current prescription -- in diopters.

If you are at a point were the kids were in Bates famous 1913 study (in terms of visual acuity) you can probably get out of it in from three to nine months as Dr. Bates suggested.

So, make a start. Tell us where you stand.

Enjoy,
samsuda Wrote:Hi all,

Well, i have a 2 months school break at the moment and would like to use this time to really improve my vision
can anyone suggest me some tips or routine

I know that we should do swinging 100 time in the morning and at night
What else?

And also, can anyone please give me some kind of time frame of how long this can take?
I know everybody is different, can it take 50 years at most? or 6 years, or for some it never cured, or what?
Just give me some numbers, i am aware that it is different for eveyone but I am really curious

thanks

Hiya Sam,

If these 2 months are going to be relaxing then you may find yourself improving drastically.

No one can give you a timeframe. There are many factors that make that so. Such as your understanding of the method, your ability to relax, etc.

I don't think there is a longest time and a shortest time.

I suggest for tips: Take nutritional supplements. Read up on things good for vision, there is a nutrition page on Esther van der Werf's site that you can read up on.

You should try swinging, swaying, palming, infinity swing, etc. longer and do them more..... Have you tried the swing browser on Central-Fixation.com?

You should also do central fixation (not the site), shifting from object to object and point to point on an object.

People will most likely of much better suggestions,
blauw
Thank you so much for that (:

I have just uploaded the window swinging thing
and can you please explain how to do infinitly swinging, the difference between swging and swaying

Recently I try to meditate and concentrate on whaat I do rather than what I see, aqnd i is quite relaxing
such as if I am typing, I would try to concentrate on the clicking noises and when my finders touches the keyboard instead of concentrating on seeing the keyboard.

Well, I do hope that my vision will improve DRATICLy as well,
Best wishes to you too (:

Oh and is central fixation when you shift from one objhect to another object ?

thank you, you are a blessing (:
Thomas Quackenbushes book 'Relearning to See' is the best for beginners.
Free at most local libraries.
Janet Goodrich's books.
Better Eyesight Magazines. Davids store has these books.
Shift part to part (point to point) on a object to see it clear. Avoid squinting, staring, eye immobility.
Central fixation is moving the center of the visual field from object to object, part to part on objects, placing the part (point) you are looking at in the center of the visual field. Try shifting point to point on a small part of a object.
The center of the visual field moves with the eyes when the eyes shift. The center is clearest.
otis Wrote:Dear Sam,

Subject: Could you provide some information.

You ask, how long will it take to clear my Snellen.

We would like to reply, but we do need some measurements by you -- regardless of which method you choose to clear your Snellen and pass the required visual acuity test.

Do you have a Snellen?

What is your current prescription -- in diopters.

If you are at a point were the kids were in Bates famous 1913 study (in terms of visual acuity) you can probably get out of it in from three to nine months as Dr. Bates suggested.

So, make a start. Tell us where you stand.

Enjoy,

I don't think anyone can make an exact prediction. It could take anywhere from an hour to never (depending on whether you try at all). A lot of people have on here have gone from 20/800 to much better.

I seem to recall that Samsuda is 20/350 (or so) and that Samsuda was born with a hole in the retina. Not sure if I'm thinking of the right person.

I'd be interested in a link to Bates 1913 study. Sounds very interesting.

Samsuda,

You can learn a lot on http://www.cleareyesight.info the diagrams are very helpful!

Good luck to all,
blauw
Dear all,

My perscription is 350 for both eyes,
I have been doing Bates Method for about one year

I am afraid i could not get any of those books because I live in Thailand,
And the link you gave me would not open ): no idea why, but it says that the internet cannot display the web page.

Where can i find more information about DR.bates 1913 study?
Is it like a set of exercise or something

Oh by the way, I woke up with very relax eyes today, normally i would be really tense on my eyes, because i stress too much about them curing, bad right?
And in the afternoon, it was really sunny so I did sunning and swinging (the one you swing your eyes from left to right, then right to left again, and see things moving across to the opposite dirrection) and when I looked at my smellen, I could see sooclear, like A LOT crispier for labout 2 seconds, i tried to relax and keep it, but yeah, i couldn't keep the clear vision for long, but I was impress,

Please send me more information about the 1913 study (?)
I wold love to know more

And yes, I do have holes in my retinas

thank you for repluing and everything

Yes, I do have a smellen chart
samsuda Wrote:Dear all,

My perscription is 350 for both eyes,
I have been doing Bates Method for about one year

I am afraid i could not get any of those books because I live in Thailand,
And the link you gave me would not open ): no idea why, but it says that the internet cannot display the web page.

Where can i find more information about DR.bates 1913 study?
Is it like a set of exercise or something

Oh by the way, I woke up with very relax eyes today, normally i would be really tense on my eyes, because i stress too much about them curing, bad right?
And in the afternoon, it was really sunny so I did sunning and swinging (the one you swing your eyes from left to right, then right to left again, and see things moving across to the opposite dirrection) and when I looked at my smellen, I could see sooclear, like A LOT crispier for labout 2 seconds, i tried to relax and keep it, but yeah, i couldn't keep the clear vision for long, but I was impress,

Please send me more information about the 1913 study (?)
I wold love to know more

And yes, I do have holes in my retinas

thank you for repluing and everything

Yes, I do have a Snellen chart

You can get the books online. Many people from your area have managed to improve their vision. A user on here although not from Thailand improved his vision from 20/200 to 20/40 in 4 months. I think is username was Ho_from_vietnam.

I am probably wrong with the following but: I think you are focusing to much on your eyes. Try to relax. I think stressing to much about your eyes can affect them greatly.

Good luck Samsuda!! You can do it!
blauw
Hi All

Concentrating too much on my eyes are SOO bad for my eyes!
But sometimes, I cannot help doing it, you know?
Like, I don't know how to relax them smetimes
But for the past two weeks, I have learned to relax a lot more, it has been a great improvement

Like before, I didn't use to know how to FOCUS and relax at the same time, but i am starting to know how to do it.
And I can relax a whole lot more (:
I am very happy at how fast my eyes are recovering

Thank you for every comments and sugestions
I will go find some online books (:
samsuda Wrote:Hi All

Concentrating too much on my eyes are SOO bad for my eyes!
But sometimes, I cannot help doing it, you know?
Like, I don't know how to relax them smetimes
But for the past two weeks, I have learned to relax a lot more, it has been a great improvement

Like before, I didn't use to know how to FOCUS and relax at the same time, but i am starting to know how to do it.
And I can relax a whole lot more (:
I am very happy at how fast my eyes are recovering

Thank you for every comments and sugestions
I will go find some online books (:

It's not that its "SOO" bad its just you are obsessing and obsessing about something I believe gets you nowhere.

Try doing something you like or try getting your mind of your eyes but still practice the Bates Method. You will see improvement.

I've finally stopped obsessing about my eyes and now I can say that I can relax faster and I notice central fixation and shifting are becoming the norm along with noticing the universal swing. Its not just about the exercises, its about relearning to see..... well thats what I've read so far.

Good luck Samsuda,
blauw
Dear All,

I was very very upset today but I just woke up and felt quite better
Wellm I went to see myeye doctor, and I thought I did a very good job in reading the letters and everything
But then it turned out that my eyes are now

550 on my left and 450 on my right!

I felt SOOOOO wrried and sad and upset and, I was sooo stressed out.

I was not expecting this,
Because I have been seeing crispier around the edges, and they are worst?
I thougth Bates method cannot maeke your eyes wosrt, they can only stay the same or better.

I am starting to have some doubt and, how can I be sure they will improve and don't get any worser than this if I continue?

I am soo stressed out right now, I was not exxpecting that at all.

then I told myy Doctor that, my eyes must be better than that, they must not be 550 and 450, because I have a smellen chart at home and when I put my glasses on (they are 270 for both) I can see 180 on the chart, that means my eyse must be around 360 (270-180=90, then 90+270- 360) But then she said that kids, young people can strain their eyes a lot and the reason i saw that clear is because i was straining.

Do you think I would still improve my eyes drasticly Blauw?
in this two months I have?

And do you think my eyes are really 450 and 550?
And if so, what should my perscription be?

And why do you think this happened?
Do I need to wear my glasses more often?

I tried to find an online copy of that book called, "relearning to see"
I couldn't find any, if anyone has a link can you send it to me please?
I think it will help me

Oh, by the way, is it possible that the reason y results were so bad was because i was really stressed out and worried andscared today? I was scared of the doctors and eveything, I tried to relax but they kept telling me to widen my eyes so I couldn't relax properly,etc.

Please give me some encouragements.

I should not be too concern about my eyes right? I should just calm down and watch them improve little by little right?

thank you
Thankyou for eveything
It's absolutely possible that your straining & worrying made your vision temporarily worse in the eye doctor's office. There is something called "white coat anxiety" where people who go to the doctor get their blood pressure measured much higher than it usually is, & so get put on blood pressure drugs, just because they're nervous about being at the doctor's. Believe your own Snellen readings. Don't let the doctor's education intimidate you -- they're YOUR eyes & you don't want to be wearing glasses over them any stronger than you absolutely have to.

Also, it's nonsense that straining could make your vision better (like the doctor was the case). You've proved this yourself. This alone would make me not want to trust this person with my vision.
samsuda Wrote:Dear All,

I was very very upset today but I just woke up and felt quite better
Wellm I went to see myeye doctor, and I thought I did a very good job in reading the letters and everything
But then it turned out that my eyes are now

550 on my left and 450 on my right!

I felt SOOOOO wrried and sad and upset and, I was sooo stressed out.

I was not expecting this,
Because I have been seeing crispier around the edges, and they are worst?
I thougth Bates method cannot maeke your eyes wosrt, they can only stay the same or better.

I am starting to have some doubt and, how can I be sure they will improve and don't get any worser than this if I continue?

I am soo stressed out right now, I was not exxpecting that at all.

then I told myy Doctor that, my eyes must be better than that, they must not be 550 and 450, because I have a "SN"ellen chart at home and when I put my glasses on (they are 270 for both) I can see 180 on the chart, that means my eyse must be around 360 (270-180=90, then 90+270- 360) But then she said that kids, young people can strain their eyes a lot and the reason i saw that clear is because i was straining.

Do you think I would still improve my eyes drasticly Blauw?
in this two months I have?

And do you think my eyes are really 450 and 550?
And if so, what should my perscription be?

And why do you think this happened?
Do I need to wear my glasses more often?

I tried to find an online copy of that book called, "relearning to see"
I couldn't find any, if anyone has a link can you send it to me please?
I think it will help me

Oh, by the way, is it possible that the reason y results were so bad was because i was really stressed out and worried andscared today? I was scared of the doctors and eveything, I tried to relax but they kept telling me to widen my eyes so I couldn't relax properly,etc.

Please give me some encouragements.

I should not be too concern about my eyes right? I should just calm down and watch them improve little by little right?

thank you
Thankyou for eveything

Indeed. The stress and worrying definitely made it worse. Thats probably a leading cause. Nancy is correct about your doctor telling you that straining makes it better IT DOES NOT make vision better, but worsens it. One of the patients that went to Dr. Bates liked to not blink and stare at something until it got distorted, then shortly after doing this for some time (daily) she needed glasses.

How did your doctor measure your eyes? Did he/she use any eye drops? If so those usually cause an increase refractive error.

When you say that your power is usually 350 do you mean 20/350 or 350º astigmatism? (if that degree of astigmatism is possible)

I think you could improve your vision drastically maybe to 20/100 (which is significantly better then 20/350) may even 20/80 who knows, but the main idea is relaxing and using proper vision habits, shifting, blinking, central fixation, universal swing, etc.

Good luck, you can do it,
blauw

------
Today I noticed my father tried to read some fine print that I made and at first I could tell he produced a refractive error (he was better then 20/20 all the time) and then after he got familiar with the topic of the fine print it was clearer and he could read it.
Dear all

Thank yo for the comments and that made me feel so muchbetter
and it was probably true too, because when I was in the doctor's office, i was SUPER stressed I had a headache and I had to ave a face massage last night because I coudln't go to sleep, it was horrible

Blauw, you made my day! and Nancy too!You really think I can get 80/20 in two months, well, one month and a half now.
Well, I try to relax today and I listen to music all the time these days because I love to concentrate on the lyrics and stop focusing on my eyes. Thankyou for the encouraging words and suggestions.

thank you so much, that was very up-lifting
Oh and my doctor meassured my eyes by,

well, first they told me to put my glasses on and read the smellen, then told me to cover my left eye, etc. then gave me the holey thing you read through, and Ithought I did very well on that,

Then I go to the next room, now, this doctor has a long wooden stick, that has different lenses on the sticck, like a lon magnifying glass stick or something, then he use a small light and look into myy eye thrrough the lenses , he told mme to widen my eyes, I tried so hard to relax my eyes while he was doing this, but couldn't, and he mde me try on diffferent lenses and told me myeyes were 550/20 and 450/20

thats itI still have a head ache even now

I think I need a long rest

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download