MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Some improvement but automaticrefractor doesn't agree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some improvement but automaticrefractor doesn't agree
Hi, everyone. I wanted to share the signs of my improvement and ask about optometrist checkup.
So, I started noticing that I can read some letters on 20/40 line, the most confident I am on 20/70 line, even at night under artifical light.
So, I went for a checkup to a new optometrist to get an independent advice and I was given -1.5 diopter, no astigmatism (was about -2 cyl, and -2 sph)) and she said she can give me -1sph just for driving.
I wasn't so happy as I was expecting better (I was already give -1sph in December 08, six months ago and was seeing better in terms of colors and contrast and was able to gues things in required lines).
So I went to another one and that one put me on machine first, I didn't know what machine it is, and the machine measured bad astigmatism: -3 Left eye and -2 right eye. It stricked me like a lightning. I was so disappointed. Later and on my request she put me in no astigmatism lenses on -1.5 sph as the other optometrist to get 20/40 line.
Does anyone know what machine this is and how it works, I mean is it any precise? Out of my 15 mins google search I found out it is possibly called the automatic refractor, but also found studies that it can measure error of 0.5 to 2.5 diopters. Does anyone know about this, and can I just disregard this.

Just to add, these exams made me very unhappy, there were lots of contradictions. The optometrist 2 was telling me the machine is correct, when she did my subjective test it is the same, but then she was giving me -1.5 for astigmatism(?) Then when I was telling her I feel pain in my eyes, like they will jump out she was reducing diopter, and finally told me "your eyes want to do the work," So, isn't that the proof they know this means when you put glasses eyes are not able to do "the work" and it causes a lots of discomfort.

Isn't there too much wrong beliefs around us?

I was just soooo upset, and got scared they might force me to wear glasses. So I think I must do more exercises and more quickly so I can prove the opposite.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers!

Most of the machines restrict eye, head movement and this, along with being hurried, anxious during the exam can cause/increase astigmatism temporarily.
Astigmatism changes, fluxuates frequently and it is impossible to get a correct prescription.
The astigmatism correction in the eyeglass lense keeps the eye muscle/muscles causing the astigmatism tense, maintaining and increasing the astigmatism, causing other types astigmatism to form.
Can you see well enough without astigmatism prescription?
There is a astigmatism wheel chart on http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html
Save, copy/paste the second larger one that has the lines straight through the center of the wheel.
Practicing shifting, tracing on the lines, remembering, imagining them dark black and clear with eyes open, closed, open.
(Practice without glasses.)
Practice with both eyes, one eye at a time, both eyes together again.
Just a couple minutes a day and notice the astigmatism clears up.
Practice extra time on the blurry lines, the lines the astigmatism cause to appear unclear, wavy, double...
Look at one line at a time. Blink, shift, relax.
The eye doctor has patients look at all lines in the peripheral field at the same time while looking at the center of the chart to test for astigmatism.
This causes strain, diffusion, prevents central fixation, shifting, and causes blur and astigmatism.
Look at, shift on the lines, one at a time is the natural way to see and improves the vision.
Dr. Bates found the natural way to use the Snellen Eyechart and it improved the children, adults vision.
Practice natural: shifting, central fixation on the astigmatism wheel lines.
Keep the chart in your home and glance at it, shift on a line occasionally.
I agree with Otis: practice on your own eyechart at home when relaxed, shift on the letters to get a accurate vision test.
FlowerPower Wrote:Hi, everyone. I wanted to share the signs of my improvement and ask about optometrist checkup.
So, I started noticing that I can read some letters on 20/40 line, the most confident I am on 20/70 line, even at night under artifical light.
So, I went for a checkup to a new optometrist to get an independent advice and I was given -1.5 diopter, no astigmatism (was about -2 cyl, and -2 sph)) and she said she can give me -1sph just for driving.
I wasn't so happy as I was expecting better (I was already give -1sph in December 08, six months ago and was seeing better in terms of colors and contrast and was able to gues things in required lines).
So I went to another one and that one put me on machine first, I didn't know what machine it is, and the machine measured bad astigmatism: -3 Left eye and -2 right eye. It stricked me like a lightning. I was so disappointed. Later and on my request she put me in no astigmatism lenses on -1.5 sph as the other optometrist to get 20/40 line.
Does anyone know what machine this is and how it works, I mean is it any precise? Out of my 15 mins google search I found out it is possibly called the automatic refractor, but also found studies that it can measure error of 0.5 to 2.5 diopters. Does anyone know about this, and can I just disregard this.

Just to add, these exams made me very unhappy, there were lots of contradictions. The optometrist 2 was telling me the machine is correct, when she did my subjective test it is the same, but then she was giving me -1.5 for astigmatism(?) Then when I was telling her I feel pain in my eyes, like they will jump out she was reducing diopter, and finally told me "your eyes want to do the work," So, isn't that the proof they know this means when you put glasses eyes are not able to do "the work" and it causes a lots of discomfort.

Isn't there too much wrong beliefs around us?

I was just soooo upset, and got scared they might force me to wear glasses. So I think I must do more exercises and more quickly so I can prove the opposite.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers!

The machine I believe is most likely wrong. It may have been uncomfortable for you so you produced a deeper refractive error?

You don't need to get your believed success tested by an optometrist. You can do so yourself at home.

Good luck Flower!
blauw
Hi, thanks both for suport and suggestions. I am actually doing the things fro myour site, Clarknight, when I got bored with Tibetan chart and fell into strain. Your charts are perfect, provided diversity things so I can switch between different things to do so I don't get bored.
I have discarded machine results, looks like these are not correct. And my vision is now reported between 6/15 and 6/18 with left eye weeker. Still this makes me frustrated a bit as I am very impatient and would like to have it NOW, but it can't be....

Also, some suggestion on this: about shifting, you say we should move the eyes follwong the lines we see harder. But I noticed the opposite shifting is helping more. Namely, that if tyou have horisontal blur, like me, the vertical shifting is helping more. I don't know if anyone has got to the same crazy idea. I just noticed my vertical shifting is somehow harder. I juts read in a book that the movement you feel more jerky and slower and harder to do then that movement is lacking to the eye. And I am somehow trying to connect this with horisontal blur it this way: if you need to produce clear horisontal line then you need clear pictures of what is above and bellow and that is done by vertical eye movement.

I somehow feel shifting eyes horisontally easier, but then that is the movement we do more often: left-right, all day. So maybe I am wrong, but somehow it seems helping me, but is still very hard to prove it, and when I say it - it is very subjective.

So, that's what I am doing most often, shifting whenever and wherever I can, and I do 3D stereograms. The magic eye has proved it good for vision with some NVI company. (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.magiceye.com/eyesight.html">http://www.magiceye.com/eyesight.html</a><!-- m -->) in their new book.

And, I am finally getting better in night vision under lights I decided to do routine cart reading in the evening, as that is the only peaceful time in the day for me, night or day, the vision should be the same clear, at least on 3-6 meters.

I have chart that is meant to be read from 3 m but the sizes are marked in 20/xx, as read from 6 meters, hope is good. From Leo Angart.

Thanks to everyone.

Wishing everyone Good luck and perfect vision!!!

Cheers!

Yeah Flower Power, thats another good way to practice! I had not thought of it in that way.
I remember reading in Janet Goodrich's book that people mainly shift left and right - being on ground level.
She says to shift up and down also, like on a telephone pole to get some up and down movement.
Sounds right that your eyes need movement in the directions they experience difficulty.
Practice on a object that is pleasing to look at.

Have you tried any inversion therapy? Body slant, inversion table, or just riding on a swing and tilting upside down...like kids do (being careful not to fall or hit your head on the ground of course.)
Reverse the pull of gravity on your eyes and maybe the muscles will release and let the cornea, eye change to normal shape. Astronauts experience very clear vision in space when the pull of gravity lessens on their eyes, eye muscles.
This machine always show that I have +2.5 on my right eye , but I always see 20/20. and have see only when I weak up morning
about 10 minits but I think this is strain from my left eye after sleep.
One the left this machine show +3 but I saw even with glass 20/200 (blure ont 3 first rows) before I start train bates method.

For my this machine work correct but eyes can see correct (my base lens o R is +2,5 but I can see correct 20/20)
OP. always sey that I have good accommodation on my right.
Sleep with good posture; avoid twisting, bending the neck.
Sleep on your back.
A small neck pillow can help when sleeping on the back or side.
Test your vision yourself, at home, relaxed.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now