MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Life Style's Effect on Vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Style's Effect on Vision
Hello everyone,

I've know Bates Method for a long time now. I've reached a level where I can induce very brief clear flashes but I still can't maintain them yet. What I notice through my life is that when I go outside in a sunny day these clear flashes become easier to induce and last longer. This got me thinking, maybe it is not because that we don't really understand Bates Method we are not getting the promised results, maybe it's the different life style we have nowadays. We sit indoors for longer times now, studying, surfing the internet, watching TV or whatever. A hundred years ago people did not have enough conveniences to keep them indoors for long stretches of time. This, coupled with a basic knowledge of the Bates Method may have been the reason they were getting red of strain fast. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions on this.

Thanks
BlackEyes Wrote:Hello everyone,

I've know Bates Method for a long time now. I've reached a level where I can induce very brief clear flashes but I still can't maintain them yet. What I notice through my life is that when I go outside in a sunny day these clear flashes become easier to induce and last longer. This got me thinking, maybe it is not because that we don't really understand Bates Method we are not getting the promised results, maybe it's the different life style we have nowadays. We sit indoors for longer times now, studying, surfing the internet, watching TV or whatever. A hundred years ago people did not have enough conveniences to keep them indoors for long stretches of time. This, coupled with a basic knowledge of the Bates Method may have been the reason they were getting red of strain fast. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions on this.

Thanks

When you say induce do you mean squeeze blink? If its just normal clear flashes, you should close your eyes and remember the clarity and try to capture the clear flash for good, tell yourself that this clear flash is normal.

And yes I agree, we don't get our desired results. Yes sitting inside can make things worse. I think the people in Bates time were more successful as they were taught by him and that majority of them probably did jobs that involved distance looking and being outside.
BlackEyes Wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks

I've been donig this for a very long time, and am finally achieving the results I believed possible. One thing I did was to keep a clear vision event log, and that shows that the flashes for me were definitely more likely to occur outside, and actually more likely to occur on overcast days/lighting. I agree with you that contemporary sedentary lifestyle differences are a major factor; however, I also think the preponderance of glare-producing surfaces in the industrialized environment are, when combined with incorrect/insufficient/ parenting/authoritative direction and internal psychological orientation, also major contributing factors to the non-development of normal eyesight in children and the difficulty of reorienting as we get older. Everywhere we look now, there are highly reflective surfaces. That is a major difference from 100 years ago. The Bates methods of swinging and shifting help us learn to correctly position ourselves - our bodies, our necks, our heads, our faces, our eyes - within this new environment. Breathing, especially exhalation, within this environment is equally important. It is all extremely delicately balanced, and easy to get thrown off base. Glasses were a godsend; the Bates method is as well.
I have a very interesting insight upon this:

I have tested about 20/150 consistently. Just last week, I went to a Military entrance program. I was nervous, and full of anxiety. Not only this, the night before, I got only 1-2 hours of sleep; and before the day of the testing, I wore glasses for about 40 hours straight. My eyes were not used to this. These are all negative conditions, that I believe changed my vision for the worse. During the Eye testing portion... The examiner told me to take my glasses off and look at a chart. He did not tell me what the number was, but I looked at the form, and it was written 20/400 for both eyes!! As I got home from this experience, I was feeling dreadful about my eyes. I did a reference test on my chart, to see where I was at, and tested at 20/350~.

The next day I felt better, and was relaxed with no glasses the whole day. I stood in front of my chart again, and measured it to be about 20/170.

I highly believe that what you do affects the quality of all your senses, most definitely being the case with eyesight. I think maybe our subconscious holds a 'default' setting almost. I came to this conclusion right after this experience. Perhaps, persistent practice is what is needed to change this default?
You are describing many things Bates says.
Sunlight is healthy for the eyes.
Sunlight also makes the pupil smaller, causing the 'pinhole effect' which blocks out some unfocused light rays in the eye, result- clearer vision. With practice of Bates Method there will be no unfocused light rays in the eye so vision is clear in sunlight and dimmer light.
Dear Black Eyes,

You are correct on all "counts" here. Just remember that while Bates was very powerful for prevention, there are many other professionals who object to the minus lens.

Hello everyone,
Quote:I've know Bates Method for a long time now. I've reached a level where I can induce very brief clear flashes but I still can't maintain them yet. What I notice through my life is that when I go outside in a sunny day these clear flashes become easier to induce and last longer. This got me thinking, maybe it is not because that we don't really understand Bates Method we are not getting the promised results, maybe it's the different life style we have nowadays. We sit indoors for longer times now, studying, surfing the internet, watching TV or whatever. A hundred years ago people did not have enough conveniences to keep them indoors for long stretches of time. This, coupled with a basic knowledge of the Bates Method may have been the reason they were getting red of strain fast. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions on this.

In fact your intuitive judgment about people who live in the "open" most of the time -- is confirmed correct by DIRECT MEASUREMENT.

Almost all of them had excellent (at least 20/20 distant) until they reached old-age.

This has been completely confirm in a scientific study, long after Dr. Bates died.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now