MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reading

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading
I was wondering if when reading you were to focus on one letter at a time, while you move along a line, would be considered a Bates method. I've been trying this today, and it slows my reading down to a rate somewhere around a six year old. In my mind I'm sounding out each and every letter, but it has seemed to help me see better. what do you guys think of this?

Bob
∓quot;Bob"\ Wrote:I was wondering if when reading you were to focus on one letter at a time, while you move along a line, would be considered a Bates method. I've been trying this today, and it slows my reading down to a rate somewhere around a six year old. In my mind I'm sounding out each and every letter, but it has seemed to help me see better. what do you guys think of this?
Bob

I say if it makes you see better then keep doing it Smile Everyone appears to be somewhat different in how the process of seeing correctly "gets through" to them, but it's all fundamentally the same. It is wisest to follow the general ideas - relaxation, central fixation (centralisation), etc. - but how exactly you can make these work for you might be specific to you.

At the same time, it's always good to revisit the ideas of other people and re-read what Bates (and others) suggest, as what previously didn't make sense can make perfect sense later down the road.
Will do bjsilva. Smile Thanks for the advise.
Reading is a pretty complex task, so I'd say don't really worry about doing it right unless your vision gets worse when reading. Take breaks when needed, and don't read for long periods on your side. Slowly going over each letter may help your vision, but don't let it ruin reading for you - go faster if your goal at the time is really to read something and not to work on your vision.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now