MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
hi guys! new here, lifelong problem =[

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi guys! new here, lifelong problem =[
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm so glad I found this community, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light or atleast get me me started in the right direction to fixing this lifelong vision problem of blurriness + astigmatism +...

I seem convinced that my left eye (if facing forward; left arm side - left eye) is slightly lazy. even though it isn't / barely is!! everyone I've asked says my eyes are straight and perfect!! but the problem is EVERY time I make eye contact with someone when they're talking I contract my vision and squint the eye clenching the eye muscles [eye lids and around the socket] subconsciously. It's like an automatic nervous system reaction. I can tell I do this because I feel it and people around me kind of flinch and squint their left eye too... almost like a flinch mirror effect and it makes all my conversations with people really awkward.. It's affecting my social life. I refuse to wear glasses or contacts so the blur doesnt help either.. its so frustrating to not be able to see the persons eyes across the room when they're talking to you and wondering if my eyes are straight and pointing at the person's eyes.

anyways. each day I walk around with this constant strain/funny feeling in my left eye and it seems to be triggered when I talk to people. It goes away if I'm home alone reading or relaxed and comfortable.

I can keep relaxed normal eyes when talking to people at first but only for mere SECONDS and then BAM it goes right into me forcing conversation and forcing eye contact / contracting and squinting the left eye. my left shoulder on my body is even higher than the right one!! I went to a chiropractor and he said I'm unconsciously tensing my left shoulder up towards my left ear to "pain dodge" he has no idea about my eyes but WOW I'm even being physiologically affected by this. I used to even get jaw pain on my left side and my jaw is even slightly shifted to the left... it's as if my whole left side of my body is contracting to hide this psychosomatic lazy-eye from the world.

Any ideas how to remedy this? I am planning on doing a (read) 20 hour palming session tomorrow as that man in his 60's did in bates book and he supposedly reversed his astigmatism and nearsightedness permanently.

I just want a clear world again and the ability to relax and make eye contact with people easily and have the ability to talk to people again normally =[ I hate always thinking about my eyes when I talk to people face to face, it's as if I can't even LISTEN to them!! I just think " Oh God I hope my left eye looks straight. I hope it isn't squinting again. Ok man just be relaxed."

Thanks for reading!! Oh and again in the photos LEFT EYE = left arm left side of body left eye.

Here are pictures of my iris'

[Image: download?id=3480746%3AUploadedFi35%3A1904]

[Image: lefteye.jpg]
Hi,

Best of luck! If the 20 hour palming session doesn't work, please don't be discouraged because 1. sometimes people need to learn other of his methods before palming helps and 2. For many people shorter palming sessions are more beneficial than longer ones.

Read through each chapter and try his methods, particularly his suggestions for central fixation and shifting. If something doesn't work, drop it and try something else. My guess is that when you talk to people you get anxious and stare. Perhaps consciously switch looking from their left eye to the their right eye, and different parts of their face, to something away from them, and then back. Notice that people with perfect sight don't stare at one point on your face when they talk to you, they look around your face and sometimes away from you. This may keep yourself relaxed. Do it first on a trusted friend and make a silly game out of it. The key will be to make a positive association out of this practice so that you will remember and be happy to do it when talking with other people.

I hope that helps. I have more tips for beginners on my blog and am constantly writing about my own improvement:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/better-eyesight/">http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/better-eyesight/</a><!-- m -->

I started at 5/200, now I can read 10/20 clearly. There were many ups AND downs along the way, so keep your chin up.

Cheers,
Sorrisi
I have noticed the same things. One thing I've done is stood in front of a mirror and shifted my position until I could see my eyes with a bit of reflected light on them (or glinting off them) in the mirror image -

Mizu Wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm so glad I found this community, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light or
atleast get me me started in the right direction to fixing this lifelong vision problem of blurriness + astigmatism +...

I seem convinced that my left eye (if facing forward; left arm side - left eye) is slightly lazy. even though it isn't / barely is!! everyone I've asked says my eyes are straight and perfect!! but the problem is EVERY time I make eye contact with someone when they're talking I contract my vision and squint the eye clenching the eye muscles [eye lids and around the socket] subconsciously. It's like an automatic nervous system reaction. I can tell I do this because I feel it and people around me kind of flinch and squint their left eye too... almost like a flinch mirror effect and it makes all my conversations with people really awkward.. It's affecting my social life. I refuse to wear glasses or contacts so the blur doesnt help either.. its so frustrating to not be able to see the persons eyes across the room when they're talking to you and wondering if my eyes are straight and pointing at the person's eyes.

anyways. each day I walk around with this constant strain/funny feeling in my left eye and it seems to be triggered when I talk to people. It goes away if I'm home alone reading or relaxed and comfortable.

I can keep relaxed normal eyes when talking to people at first but only for mere SECONDS and then BAM it goes right into me forcing conversation and forcing eye contact / contracting and squinting the left eye. my left shoulder on my body is even higher than the right one!! I went to a chiropractor and he said I'm unconsciously tensing my left shoulder up towards my left ear to "pain dodge" he has no idea about my eyes but WOW I'm even being physiologically affected by this. I used to even get jaw pain on my left side and my jaw is even slightly shifted to the left... it's as if my whole left side of my body is contracting to hide this psychosomatic lazy-eye from the world.

Any ideas how to remedy this? I am planning on doing a (read) 20 hour palming session tomorrow as that man in his 60's did in bates book and he supposedly reversed his astigmatism and nearsightedness permanently.

I just want a clear world again and the ability to relax and make eye contact with people easily and have the ability to talk to people again normally =[ I hate always thinking about my eyes when I talk to people face to face, it's as if I can't even LISTEN to them!! I just think " Oh God I hope my left eye looks straight. I hope it isn't squinting again. Ok man just be relaxed."

Thanks for reading!! Oh and again in the photos LEFT EYE = left arm left side of body left eye.

Wow from 20/200 to 10/20 ?!?! How did you do it! Man oh man. I'm actually at ~20/200 myself or was a year ago when I got my eyes checked. Thank you for the tips guys I will try them. Which bates book should I read? And do you think maybe a 3 hour palming session everyday for 2 weeks would be beneficial? I guess its all about listening to my body right.. I feel FEAR sometimes when my vision clears up like its not going to last and it usually gets blurry again. Another thing is I sneeze in the sunlight when first going outdoors.. its as if my body is rejecting the inner light.

Thanks so much for helping me guys. I really want to be able to calm down my mind and eyes and listen to people when they talk and just enjoy the beauty of the world.
Yeah, I analyzed my left eye again in the mirror tonight. it seems it is a bit lazy... any ideas on how to have straight perfect crystal clear eyes? just do the exercises on this site?
Hi! How did I do it ? I read a lot, his book is here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.central-fixation.com/perfect-sight-without-glasses/">http://www.central-fixation.com/perfect ... t-glasses/</a><!-- m -->

He tells you exactly what to do in chapters IX through XV. Basically I just practice what he says to do on a Snellen chart every day consistently. If something works to improve my sight I do it every day, if it doesn't work I come back to it after some months and better understanding.

If something doesn't make sense, then look for it on his magazines on the same website! Lazy eye in Dr. Bates's time was called squint, so check out that chapter of his book as well. Tom Quackenbush's book 'Relearning to See' also goes into this with a lot of detail which might help you.

If the 20 hour palming session helps you, then by all menas do it weekly. If you don't notice any improvement, then spend your time learning his other methods.
cheers,
Sorrisi
Thanks so much! I am beginning my journey today. 8) O0
When you can see your eyes in the mirror with a little patch of reflected light on each of them, shift yourself around a little, keeping the reflected light patches visible. That may indicate when you are 'centered' in the surrounding light. I've noticed that I am often a little bit hidden or shaded, and need to move into the light. Remember what your mirror image looked like when you leave, and relax to see clearly. It may be that people with clear vision somehow use that image as a visual cue to focus centrally on other people and the outside world.
JMartinC4 Wrote:I have noticed the same things. One thing I've done is stood in front of a mirror and shifted my position until I could see my eyes with a bit of reflected light on them (or glinting off them) in the mirror image -

Mizu Wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm so glad I found this community, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light or
atleast get me me started in the right direction to fixing this lifelong vision problem of blurriness + astigmatism +...

try to look at the air - the air as empty space. look at the core of the air and you should be fine.
so an update. the strain seems to have decreased a little bit. I get lots of clearflashes in the day so its definitely improving. but when I do get a clearflahs and can see 20/20 my eyes still feel SO WEIRD and then I blink and everything is blurry again.

anyways the main problem remains that even if I palm for like 2 hours, feel super relaxed and walk outside then one of my friends comes up and starts talking to me, BOOM I feel the strain coming back on.

one time, I was talking to this girl and I can literally feel myself consciously blurring my vision. its like I'm SCARED or FRIGHTENED to see people so I tense my facial and eye and eyelid muscles. any ideas to remove this strain guys?

also this is key too.. its SUPER hard for me to listen to people while making eye contact with them, I have a terrible memory, and I find it hard to concentrate in class.... this is all related to vision somehow I KNOW it, I feel like I lost my curiosity to SEE and keep focused on one object. any idea how to restore this or what exercises could help? thank you so much guys!!! I was never like this when I was a kid.I remember being able to read HArry Potter book for HOURS on end totally enthralled and talking to people with ease. now its a struggle and an effort and I can barely comprehend what I read and look up and think about things then look back down "Oh shoot! I only read one paragraph!" Its like I have ADD or something when reading...
Mizu, thanks for sharing. You have good self-awareness, more than a lot of people ever come to realize. Keep using that to pay attention to what you're doing.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
But how do I get passed this? I read all the chapters, just apply what I read each day consciously and cross my fingers? Is that the process?

I went to the local bar last night to meet some cute girls with a friend, and my friend says " Hey man look at that girl over there eyeing you!!" and I couldn't even SEE her. I just see a blur of faces... so frustrating Sad
Mizu Wrote:so an update. the strain seems to have decreased a little bit. I get lots of clearflashes in the day so its definitely improving. but when I do get a clearflahs and can see 20/20 my eyes still feel SO WEIRD and then I blink and everything is blurry again.

anyways the main problem remains that even if I palm for like 2 hours, feel super relaxed and walk outside then one of my friends comes up and starts talking to me, BOOM I feel the strain coming back on.

one time, I was talking to this girl and I can literally feel myself consciously blurring my vision. its like I'm SCARED or FRIGHTENED to see people so I tense my facial and eye and eyelid muscles. any ideas to remove this strain guys?

also this is key too.. its SUPER hard for me to listen to people while making eye contact with them, I have a terrible memory, and I find it hard to concentrate in class.... this is all related to vision somehow I KNOW it, I feel like I lost my curiosity to SEE and keep focused on one object. any idea how to restore this or what exercises could help? thank you so much guys!!! I was never like this when I was a kid.I remember being able to read HArry Potter book for HOURS on end totally enthralled and talking to people with ease. now its a struggle and an effort and I can barely comprehend what I read and look up and think about things then look back down "Oh shoot! I only read one paragraph!" Its like I have ADD or something when reading...

that's like me. after practise I feel great but immediately when i interact with people i lose it. how to keep it?
First, cut the "lifelong problem". If you see it as a lifelong problem, you are stick with it for life.

Second, stop be ---> =[.
Being ---> =[ is bad. =[ ---> caused strain you don't want to have, destroys your faith, your determination, your motivation and consumes you psychologically. Be ---> =])instead.

To fix the Lazy eye, you can use Binoculars, in the proper way, or use stereoscopic images. I found both ways helpful in many aspects of vision as well.

No, you don't need 20 hours of continuous palming. You need to stop be so much stressed and so much worried about your eyes.

For what i read, if you want to really reclaim your perfect eyesight, you will have to change many things of your character. NO. I don't mean what you understand. You will see in time and probably cause these changes yourself, but be ready to leave many thing about your present selfs behind you.

That's natural, characters and personalities are constantly change. Don;t be afraid of the good changes!!! Wink
Take it slowly. When you interact with anyone, even the mailman, and don't get stressed, praise yourself -- you can do this! Remember times when you interacted with someone easily, even if you were 3 years old at the time. You can do this! If you accidentally relax with someone until you recognize that you know them, then get stressed, focus on the fact that you were relaxed for a little while, NOT that you didn't stay that way. Practice practice practice!

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now