MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Twitching of the Eye during the Long Swing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitching of the Eye during the Long Swing
Hi, I am trying to recover from Myopia, and Astigmatism.
When i try to do the long swing i notice that my eyes start twitching. I read here that, this was a sign of eccentric fixation. Now I am wondering what i could do to get rid of this twitch and the eccentric fixation.

Thank You
Twitching is a sign of straining (eccentric fixation is one type of strain). You may be straining when you're swinging, probably trying to visually "hold on" to a point rather than just let it slide by. Or you may be relaxing your visual system, & the twitching is a sign of letting go of strain that you've built up over time. If it feels more & more relaxing as you proceed, it's helping, so keep it up. If it feels like more & more of a strain, see if you can pinpoint how you're straining & let it go.
I pretend that the room is swimming around me as I swing. It's very relaxing and gives my brain the correct impression that it can't hold on to anything moving, just observe it. Let your arms hang loose as you swing, they should flap a bit at your sides, that might help the twitch if it's coming because you're tensing your neck and shoulders.

CHeers,
Sorrisi

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now