MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Looking over shoulders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking over shoulders
Been drawing pictures for better Eyesight Magazine and found one Bates treatment that is very relaxing.
Sit in a comfortable chair with back, head rested against the back of the chair.
Eyes closed.
Imagine you are looking over the left shoulder:
Imagine turning the eyes, head and looking over the left shoulder.
Then do the right shoulder.
First do without moving the head - just imagine looking over the shoulders left and right.
Then, do it with the imagination again and also turning the head left and right as you imagine looking left and right.

Notice the eyes move under the closed lids when imagining looking left and right over the shoulders.
Confirms that vision, eyes, eye muscles, nerves are controlled by the brain, memory, imagination, left and right hemispheres...
This exercise gets the eyes moving, relaxes eyes, mind, neck.

How do i insert a image??
With the goal of increasing my peripheral vision & getting out of Tunnel Vision mode, I've been looking to the left as far as I can without straining, then imagining I'm looking farther, seeing in my imagination what is beyond my actual sight. Then I do the same to the right, up, down, & in the diagonal directions. Practices like this of imagining I can see farther than I can are slowly coaxing my blur zone farther away from me.
Wow! Thats a good addition to this exercise!
I have a picture for this.
how do I post it?
I placed the picture on my iblindness blog. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/clarknight/2009/08/11.png">http://www.iblindness.org/blog/wp-conte ... /08/11.png</a><!-- m -->
Learnt this from reading original copy of Better Eyesight Magazines from David.
I just tried this exercise and it is excellent. Thanks!
jmartin
clarknight Wrote:I placed the picture on my iblindness blog. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/clarknight/2009/08/11.png">http://www.iblindness.org/blog/wp-conte ... /08/11.png</a><!-- m -->
Learnt this from reading original copy of Better Eyesight Magazines from David.
Alright!
Drawing 450+ pictures like this for Better Eyesight Magazines.
I wonder how many pictures can be posted on the blog?
Magazines have tons of these activities.
Wow, that's a lot of work to be drawing pics. But fun I guess? I confess that I'm not much motivated anymore to do things that are easy and not spend the hours needed to do something like that. It's a good thing this website has at least as developed as it is, because if I got started today, I probably wouldn't do it!

FYI on the blogs on this site, I don't know how much longer they're going to last in the current form. The last forum update broke it even more than it was already. So it would be best to start using another blog.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
No biggie. I dont have time to put anything more on the blog so if it gets deleted during upgrade thats ok.
Actually I am tired of drawing!
Trying stay motivated to get it all done. So bored!!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now