MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Astigmatism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astigmatism
I have been doing the bates exercises(palming, swinging, sunning) and I am seeing some improvement that i am grateful for. However, I have also noticed i am see alot more blurs around images, which is why i think my astigmatism is getting worse. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to help deal with this astigmatism problem.

Thank You.
How long been practicing?
Is it blur or a slightly double or triple image but clear or clearer than the original blur and astigmatism?
Sometimes a object can appear a bit double... whe the astigmatism and blur are clearing.
Use shifting, cental fixation on the object and see if it gets clearer.
Even if it is blurred or double; shift part to part, small point to smalll point on it.
I have been practicing for 2.5 weeks so far.
It is more of a double or triple image, than a blur. Also, when I shift it does get a bit clearer, but not by alot.
Hi there

I think it is part of your recovery to better vision, as I am experiencing a similar situation.

Where at the beginning of my journey, "out there" was simply a fog. What I get now is multiple images that cross over each other. Sometimes the wording or letter will pop out but will be below the actual word. I take that as a big plus that the wording now appears - anywhere nearby is good news for me.

One suggesion that Greg Marsh makes is when you get a reduced prescription it is helpful to remove the astigmatism correction from the lense. As I believe astigmatism could be construed as strain upon strain. As your eyes and mind relearn to relax and you're looking through your lenses, you won't have to continue to overcome the distortion in the lense and fight the lenses trying to lock your eyes back to the old ways.

good luck!
Hey ,
Does anybody know how to start reducing my astigmatism? What should I do? ???
So far I have been wearing my weaker glasses (for astigmatism correction) I see better through them I don't know wheather I should wear those glasses.

I have got -3,25 and 4,5 nearsightedness plus astigmatism 2,75 and - 2.
I thought about buying weaker glasses without astigmatism. What do you think?

Thank you for any reply Smile
If you can do it safely; no astigmatism section prescription in the eyeglasses is the best way to go. The astigmatism prescription keeps and increases the eye muscle tension that is causing the astigmatism; uneven eye, cornea shape.

If you can't totally remove the astigmatism prescription; then get the doctor to lower it; weaken, reduce the astigmatism prescription. The weaker prescription will let the eye muscles relax more each time the prescription is made weaker and weaker. Eventually you can go without a prescription and the last bit of astigmatism will be cured.

Have you practiced shifting, tracing central fixation (looking for details) on a Natural Eyesight Improvement astigmatism test and removal chart?
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I've been doing sunning and palming so far and I haven't tried other exercises yet beacuse I am new at this.
The only progress that noticed is the lack of pain - which was caused by my stronger glasses. Smile
http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...art#p17305

See this post.
I printed the exercises form that page.
Thnak you a lot.
Hey,
I have completely reduced astigmatism prescription in my glasses. It the beginning it was very difficult to get used to looking at things without astigmatism correction. Now it has changed and although I still have astigmatism I want to know how often should I do the exercises to reduce my astigmatism completely? The more the better ? How many times a day ?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now