MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Progress!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress!
Hi everyone, I have some progress to report! I started the Bates Method back in January. My beginning eyesight was about -2.50 (or at least that's what my glasses were). I ended up finally going back to the eye doctor a couple of weeks ago to get reduced prescription lenses. Whenever I would wear my glasses for driving, they would give me horrible headaches and I figured that so many months of doing this method was really helping me. Turns out I went down a whole diopter! Now I only wear glasses when I drive and they are -1.25. It also seemed to really shock the eye doctor as well and he said he would be open minded enough to look into this method. I just wanted to let others know it really can work, just have patience!
Dear Care,

Let me recommend (at -1.25 diopter) that you take the step of reading your Snellen -- as Bates strongly suggested.

That will show your progress.

Report it here -- we will CHEER!

Otis
Dear Care_berry,

Congratulations for your progress.
I read your other posts and I understand this. (correct me if I am wrong). You had –2.5 and you made some diet changes and as a “side-effect” vision improved to –2.25. Then in January you started Bates method and now you were tested at –1.25.
I want to ask you:
1) How much did you use glasses betwenn the 2 tests ?
2) You had a dedicated daily time practice or just been more aware of how you use eye, relaxing more, incorporate simple habits like blinking, shifting etc.
3) At your eye exams the doctor used drops ?
What about that machine (autorefractometer) that we look into and it print a small piece of paper with some (rough frequently) diopter numbers. What did it showed ?

Thanks and I wish you further improvement !

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now