MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Succes story or very long clear flash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Succes story or very long clear flash
Hello,

This is my first post here, though I've looked through this website often before. I'll give a quick version of my story.

I started with the Bates method around 3 years ago. My prescription in both eyes is -1.75 (which is around 20/100). I did the exercises for a few months, and I did them very frequently. I stopped wearing contacts. I already noticed a slight improvement in both eyes in the first weeks and I also got many clear flashes and was really convinced that Bates was right. For months on end I did the exercises, but after the first weeks I didn't improve much, and my sight stayed really bad. Especially at night I felt like a blind man. So eventually, I quit.

From time to time, I still went without contact lenses and used some of the bates techniques, like shifting and central fixation, in daily life. I still got clear flashes and moment of somewhat better vision, but that was about the status quo.

At this moment I haven't exercised the bates method for about 2 years. And just this evening I had the longest and weirdest clear flash that I ever had.

A few hours ago I was facebooking away on my laptop in the garden, and I'd been staring at my screen for some time. Then the bell rang. I went into the house, and immediately I noticed that I had a clear flash. I expected it to go away after one blink and didn't pay much attention to it. But it wouldn't go away. I could blink all I want, stare at my screen, rub in my eyes. But it stayed. In fact, it's still there. Like all other clear flashes I've had before, it's only in one eye, and it's not 100% perfectly clear, but it's aroudn 20/20.

Now my question to you: Has any of you ever had this? Do you have ideas to make this last? Because I'm still a bit afraid that this is just something temporary and tomorrow I wake up with my same old eyesight. Like I said, the flash is not 100% perfect, and the other eye is still blurry.

Thanks for your comments

Erik
Wow! It's impressive!
I really hope for you that you will have keeped your good sight. Smile
-Alexandre
Erik Wrote:Hello,

This is my first post here, though I've looked through this website often before. I'll give a quick version of my story.

I started with the Bates method around 3 years ago. My prescription in both eyes is -1.75 (which is around 20/100). I did the exercises for a few months, and I did them very frequently. I stopped wearing contacts. I already noticed a slight improvement in both eyes in the first weeks and I also got many clear flashes and was really convinced that Bates was right. For months on end I did the exercises, but after the first weeks I didn't improve much, and my sight stayed really bad. Especially at night I felt like a blind man. So eventually, I quit.

From time to time, I still went without contact lenses and used some of the bates techniques, like shifting and central fixation, in daily life. I still got clear flashes and moment of somewhat better vision, but that was about the status quo.

At this moment I haven't exercised the bates method for about 2 years. And just this evening I had the longest and weirdest clear flash that I ever had.

A few hours ago I was facebooking away on my laptop in the garden, and I'd been staring at my screen for some time. Then the bell rang. I went into the house, and immediately I noticed that I had a clear flash. I expected it to go away after one blink and didn't pay much attention to it. But it wouldn't go away. I could blink all I want, stare at my screen, rub in my eyes. But it stayed. In fact, it's still there. Like all other clear flashes I've had before, it's only in one eye, and it's not 100% perfectly clear, but it's aroudn 20/20.

Now my question to you: Has any of you ever had this? Do you have ideas to make this last? Because I'm still a bit afraid that this is just something temporary and tomorrow I wake up with my same old eyesight. Like I said, the flash is not 100% perfect, and the other eye is still blurry.

Thanks for your comments

Erik

I think this is because when you're on facebook, your eyes are constant shifting.
I had similar experience today. After watch action movie on computer, I looked outside and my vision was so clear it's almost 20/20. It stays a long time. I think this kind of intensive shifting let the eyes muscle to relax and the eyeball changed back to better shape I think we can use this methed to do a every day. eg. watch 20 minutes action movie and then do Bates relaxation method at far object. I'll keep experimenting.
Dear Erik,

First of all -- congratulations are in order. The general idea is that once you are "myopic" -- you NEVER get out of it. You have proved this concept false.

I have done a considerable review of Snellen checking. I suggest the following:

1. Shine a bright light on your Snellen. (The "office" Snellen is very crisp. My "home" Snellen is poorer, and I read 20/25 sometimes. But in the office I read 20/20 on THEIR Snellen

2. The definition of PASSING the line is that you read 1/2 the letters correctly. Typically that means both eyes open. The DMV test defines "the better eye".

3. Further, I count success as passing the 20/40 line (or better) and then passing the DMV test in their office. This does not mean I "quit" when I get to 20/40. I just means that is a true "marker" of objective success. Further work with Bates/Prentice methods can get you to 20/20.

More commentary on your successful efforts:

A few hours ago I was facebooking away on my laptop in the garden, and I'd been staring at my screen for some time. Then the bell rang. I went into the house, and immediately I noticed that I had a clear flash. I expected it to go away after one blink and didn't pay much attention to it.

But it wouldn't go away. I could blink all I want, stare at my screen, rub in my eyes. But it stayed. In fact, it's still there. Like all other clear flashes I've had before, it's only in one eye, and it's not 100% perfectly clear, but it's aroudn 20/20.

Otis> always good to check with a Snellen!

Now my question to you: Has any of you ever had this?

Yes,

Do you have ideas to make this last? Because I'm still a bit afraid that this is just something temporary and tomorrow I wake up with my same old eyesight. Like I said, the flash is not 100% perfect, and the other eye is still blurry.

Takes more word using Bates/Prentice methods. What can I say. It is not easy -- but possible.

Thanks for your comments

Erik
Quick update:

My right eye has been at 20/20 (or a little better, the snellen chart doesn't go smaller) since my first post. Aside from a faint halo around lights at night, I can see perfectly. I couldn't even see this sharp with contacts in. It's simply amazing.

The other eye is still myopic, so I guess it's time to start practicing again.

I'll keep posting on the progress..

Erik

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now