MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
~~*^`In need of Advise...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~~*^`In need of Advise...
History- So it's been almost 2 years since I first heard of the Bates Method. I ran into it from a 'take good care
of your eyes' article. Fortunately, someone with good intention had posted a starting link. I then took off and
promised myself I would practice exercises everyday for 30 minutes. I had read something somewhere relating to
eyesight about how I should not procrastinate even for one day, or it will never be done. That, out of anything,
has stuck to me. Heres why: After 2 years of telling myself I will practice the method, it's been "tomorrow" for
day after day. 700 days later- I've never seen procrastination take the best of me, ever.

Hm... I'm generally somewhat extroverted, but that was 8+ years ago. Ever since then, its been 8 years of a
social and health down-spiral. I'm now considered EXTREMELY introverted. Out of anyone affected by bad
vision, I feel as if I have seriously gotten the small end of a pole. This bad vision will endeavor to ruin my life until
I take action... hopefully not tomorrow. Soon I will be a legal adult, and as such, I would very much like to start
off on a good foot.

Great, there is one thing I have gotten from 2 years of thinking: I have complete faith in the system. Any
concepts being presented in the Eyesight field is no longer new to me. I did once follow through with 60 days of
the method in the beginning. It gave me unprecedented clear flashes, and I could FEEL progress. And I asked
myself, "Is this not enough progress to continue?" And it was. But, my willpower faded.

I'm sure of it, persistence is one of few keys necessary to obtain such an accomplishment. I believe that the
majority of vision practitioners keep from their dream because of this. If somehow, perseverance could be
maintained, humankind would be less plagued by slow progress. So now, the question is; how do keep your
persistence intact?
Have you read 'Relearning to See', by Thomas Quackenbush? If not, I think you might find it of assistance to you.

Cheers, JW
No I haven't, does it mention this sort of thing?
Dear Mrcondo

It was Dr. Bates "dreams" that we would read our Snellen. (His 1913 study and report.)

You stated "clear flashes" -- and that is great progress.

But could you also read your Snellen and report current status. Is it 20/70? 20/60, 20/50?

You can hardly "improve" is you don't know your status -- in my opinion.

Here is a "Schnieder Snellen" that you should print out and read.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html">http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html</a><!-- m -->

The Lord helps those -- who help themselves.

Snellen-clearing best,

Otis
Tom Quackenbush's book is a great tome of reference.

Read the inspiring stories from this website.

Visit Greg Marsh's website and also Meir Schneider. If you ever want to look for someone with persistance and to be inspired by, then Meir Schneider has to be one of the best.

Accept where you are at right now. Try to incorporate good vision habits into your day, rather than feeling that now I have to do my 30 minutes exercises. Take a walk at night without your glasses for an hour and feel your periphary open up. You'll start to notice you need to turn your head to see what has garnered your interest.

Best of luck
Great replies, I'm bound to check out Meir Schneider.
Yes I recommend Meir Schneider too.

Cheers, JW

Maybe I can help with a few ideas:

- like with washing teeth, we all know it is good preventive, it maintains the teeth health, and general health of the body, and eventually we enjoy washing teeth, it is not hard job to do, we are massaging at least 3 mins every day...

- every eye exercise needs to become habit and a part of the healthy lifestile, whatever exercise you feel works for you at the moment, you can be changing set of exercises you are doing while fixing it, and eventually have some habit as a chart to read in a mornign while having morning coffee/tea, fine print. For example Iam in love now with the 3D images, I have book and I browse in evening and mornign with my coffee. All these eye things are also relaxing, having palming session in the evening, and long swings before going to sleep, help all your wellbeing.

- I just read somewhere this quote I liked very much, "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD".
this means, if you feel this is right, natural option as opposed of wearing glasses and doing nothig, and you expect in near or far future the world will accept it the why not help NOW in accepting it. There must be pushing force. We should promote Dr Bates work. we have to attract people to Dr bates' work. How? By doing it, showing the world it works. Do not leave Dr Bates alone if you already found out this is the truth about our eyes.

- do not calculate how much, how often, it may turn to be a big job itself, 365 days time 15mins in mornig plus 20 mins evening, times how many years, and times how many exercises. be present, just do it. NOW. just have palming until you enjoy. during your work on computer let your self to stop and look into distance3m and more for 10 secs. if you feel you enjoyed, do it again afetr 20 mins, or whenever you feel

- do more research about eye function and what is which exercise supporting. understanding may help. for exampel, I now know my 3cups exercise helps in accommodation (shortening and lenghtening of the eye) and I noticed it improves my vision so I am very happy while doing three cups, I rarely skip.

I hope this might help, these are my methods.

I definitely love the quote you provided, "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD." It is true that a social force must 'push' their own beliefs in order for the belief to succeed. Dr. Bates shall be pushed forward by our will.

Perhaps I'll use the 21-days-to-new-habit technique.
To me the quote means that if you want to see change, first YOU have to change. You have to embody it.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I'd say that what helps me most is not the exercises themselves, but applying Bates' theories in your daily life. For example, when you're driving a car, try to do some shifting at signs, or let your eyes gently roll across the horizon, use your central vision as much as possible, that sort of thing. It's also much less boring than sitting in front of a chart for 20 minutes!

Yes exactly, that's what I am for, using Bates' teashing in everyday life.
when I am watching someone with goo vision how much deatils they are noticing, in the case of driving car as you are mentioning, that is a very important activity. And when someone does it as I was, and still am slow, not moving head aroud, not looking into mirrirs, fron, left, right, the instruments board.
Usually, and before with glasses I woud do all this shifting with fears, I would fear to look into other point as I was loosign the line fo the road. Maybe this is all in the area of balance issues.
It was making my self-confidence very low.
I felt as I have to depend always on soemone else.
I would never notice the other persons in other cars, or walking on the street. I would always be late to notice.

So, one thing is shifting, zooming, it is very pleasant to strech your eyes along the road from close to distance and back.

But also imagination. I know people that always see everything and everyone. I think this is the imagination work that Dr Bates is talking about. YOu have to imagine it clear before you see it. So, it must be the brain works more activelly in the area of imagining thisng, what is possible now to happen. It like seeing aroudn the corner.

Or seeing the eyelashes of the driver in the car in front of you in his mirror, in the night. Have you ever imagined this.
I haven't.

I am trying all the Dr Bates thigns on myself, but am very keen to spread the word. I am saying what I tried and it worked for me, and what is that I am still struggling with. And I would really like to see it as habits in normal people's lives, like we today know tha washing theeth evry day is very healthy habint for theet. As I felt on my case it was a big struggle to have bad vision and on top of that had to wear glasses.

Cheers

Quote:I'm sure of it, persistence is one of few keys necessary to obtain such an accomplishment. I believe that the
majority of vision practitioners keep from their dream because of this. If somehow, perseverance could be
maintained, humankind would be less plagued by slow progress.
So now, the question is; how do keep your
persistence intact?
Maybe there is a clue to your lack of progress in your own language.
Perhaps you are not trusting the process of using Bates. It (almost always) is not a fast process. Slow progress is good progress. It is not a "plague". Learn to see slow progress as good enough. Let go of the strain for your vision to be always sharper. It will not.
If you stop using Bates you will have no progress.
If you wear glasses, you will have more and more strain.
If you do Bates and follow the intelligence God put in your body and mind, you will slowly recover from imperfect sight.

Your eyesight is just a barometer for your state of mind. Focus on affecting your mind in ways that are reflected in better vision.

Thanks for letting me say the things I need to hear myself! ;D

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now