MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Teaching Bates by phone or e-mail consultations?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaching Bates by phone or e-mail consultations?
HI,
What's yours opinion about this, what I wrote in title of topic?
Many of Bates teachers giving classes by e-mail or phone.
For example, Vision of joy, or NVC.I don't have possibilities to go in person, so I am thinking to paid for this.
Any suggestions?
Dear Commandos,

Subject: Paying for support.

One thing I would suggest for anyone using any method.

Read your Snellen before starting a vision-improvement project. let's say you read 20/70 when you start. You contact a Bates instructor. Then you follow his instructions, until you read 20/30 to 20/25.

That is how you figure the money you paid for the Bates instructor was worth it.

Then go pass the State DMV, and throw away your glasses.

That is a lot lower cost that the $420 I had to pay for my last OD "encounter".

But always check your Snellen to make certain your vision is improving.

Fair enough?

Otis
Dear Commando,

Personally I see no reason why this wouldn't be a good idea. I say, go for it!

Cheers,
JW
I'm a Bates teacher, presently concentrating mostly on myself -- when I get my vision to a more acceptable level (driving in the day at all times without glasses, maybe) I will return to teaching more actively. The phone consults& lessons I've done have been valuable, but in-person is much better so I can observe the person's habits first-hand. They're not always doing what they tell me they are! A big benefit of a teacher is the personal support, so make sure you choose one who is available for questions between lessons: you may just need reassurance that what you're experiencing is "normal" (until you learn to trust your own experience more), or need to be deterred from practicing a wrong habit.

I know Esther (Vision of Joy) personally & helped her several years ago edit & proofread her email course, which is a nice piece of work. But again, something written is no substitute for a dedicated teacher who can observe you.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now