MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Legal Threats (against all "objectors")

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Threats (against all "objectors")
Dear i-blindness friends,

Subject: Legal "threats" against Bates "teachers".

There is nothing that will "freeze" an OD or MD than to be accused of "mal-practice".

Here is the "typical" legal threat -- against a engineer -- in this case.

But all Bates teachers are put in a similar circumstance.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.myopia.org/legalthreats.htm">http://www.myopia.org/legalthreats.htm</a><!-- m -->

I personally OBJECT this the "legal threat". I prevents anyone in medicine from joining us in our prevention quest.

This should explain why no one, after Bates, attempted to repeat his 1913 success.

Best,

Otis
Interesting, but predictable. I don't think any of us Bates 'practitioners' should be trying to sell anything to anyone regarding eyesight recovery/improvement. It is unethical. Like trying to sell people the knowledge of how to breathe correctly - when the reason they don't know it is because of people who wanted to sell them something else to being with. Sorry. Don't do it. I have made a solemn vow to myself that if I ever get to the point where I could actually help other people regain/attain normal eyesight, I will not take a penny for it. Not one red cent. I'll simply keep my day job.
Dear Martin,

Subject: Free myopia prevention.

That is my attitude also. That is why I advocate that Bates 1913 study be repeated by the National Eye Institue -- for FREE.

Like the air we breathe, successful prevention could be that way. It is just a matter of learning how and why to do it properly.

Looking forward to a Bates preventive study in 2013 -- with college students.

I know you can't help a 7 year-old child, but I do believe you can help a 17 year-old student who can apply the personal judgment necessary to clear his Snellen from 20/60 to normal. You can call me a "true believer" on that possibility if you wish.

Best,

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now