MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Swaying and Dizziness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swaying and Dizziness?
Hi,

I am new here, this is my first post. I got the book Relearning to See by Quackenbush and am all over it, I love it. I also am reading Bates book. Quackenbush's book is a study of the Bates book with a little modernization.

I started reading about this 4 days ago only, but have spent every free minute reading. For so long I took the doctors' word in full trust and did not even look for any natural methods to improve eyesight, that's a different story for another time.

I have started to do shifting and central fixation a couple days ago, today is day 3.
At first shifting made me feel a little dizzy. By the way I try to remember to do it at every minute of my day, it can be fun, especially when driving or outdoors. I have trouble to remember shifting while using the computer. In time it will become a habit.

I am seeing better already, things seem sharper, I am noticing objects, everything is more 3D, and every object moves.. it's awesome. But I have high expectation and a big goal. I use -6 contacts in each eye. I just managed to order -5.5 and -5 contacts that I will use as soon as they arrive in the mail and practice my new habits more. I plan to under correct gradually. If I can go back to -5 I would be very pleased, going back to 20/20 would be .. just amazing, and worth celebrating.

My question is about dizziness.
1) When I shift fast I feel an overwhelming feeling / dizziness - comes and goes fast. I feel as if I am straining by shifting "too fast" in .5 a sec or faster.
2) I practiced swaying once this morning and felt very dizzy doing it. Is it due to my eyes trying to lock on a spot, or shift quickly from spot to spot, shift shift shift.. but the background moves too fast for my eyes to shift from point to point.
Any advice? Why do I get dizzy? I do not have sea or motion sickness.

By the way, I have researched natural teeth health improvement, natural hair loss reduction and to be honest with you natural vision improvement seems like the least cost effective method and the most promising one, it's a matter or relearning good habits.

I love what you did by hosting this discussion forum. I am a supporter of free knowledge sharing online, people helping people, this is what its about. I had started a discussion forum called it I Am Whole. You can find it at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iamwhole.org">http://www.iamwhole.org</a><!-- m --> It is a general forum that is for people seeking to be 'whole' in the spiritual, physical, mental, environmental and social sense. Heavily oriented towards alternative therapies.. check it out, all feedback is greatly appreciated. There are a few bugs due to a recent migration of this forum from a different domain name. I can't seem to get people to use this forum to share info. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Wishes of wisdom and peace to all
I meant most (not least) cost effective, sorry. All I need is new habits, it's even easier than going to the gym.
I was recently practicing the long swing, and instead of speeding it up, I slowed it down. I staccatoe-swung all the way around (360 degrees), keeping my vision un-fixated but looking for the clear-vision points on the swing-plane as I slowly rotated around. But I have never had any problem with vertigo, except I do have a little bit of fear of heights. Try to keep raising your visual plane - try not to let your gaze drop or droop - if it does, swing it back up. Try looking above where your eyes usually want to focus. But I am no expert. Trial and error is all I know.

Seeker Wrote:Hi,

I am new here, this is my first post. I got the book Relearning to See by Quackenbush and am all over it, I love it. I also am reading Bates book. Quackenbush's book is a study of the Bates book with a little modernization.

I started reading about this 4 days ago only, but have spent every free minute reading. For so long I took the doctors' word in full trust and did not even look for any natural methods to improve eyesight, that's a different story for another time.

I have started to do shifting and central fixation a couple days ago, today is day 3.
At first shifting made me feel a little dizzy. By the way I try to remember to do it at every minute of my day, it can be fun, especially when driving or outdoors. I have trouble to remember shifting while using the computer. In time it will become a habit.

I am seeing better already, things seem sharper, I am noticing objects, everything is more 3D, and every object moves.. it's awesome. But I have high expectation and a big goal. I use -6 contacts in each eye. I just managed to order -5.5 and -5 contacts that I will use as soon as they arrive in the mail and practice my new habits more. I plan to under correct gradually. If I can go back to -5 I would be very pleased, going back to 20/20 would be .. just amazing, and worth celebrating.

My question is about dizziness.
1) When I shift fast I feel an overwhelming feeling / dizziness - comes and goes fast. I feel as if I am straining by shifting "too fast" in .5 a sec or faster.
2) I practiced swaying once this morning and felt very dizzy doing it. Is it due to my eyes trying to lock on a spot, or shift quickly from spot to spot, shift shift shift.. but the background moves too fast for my eyes to shift from point to point.
Any advice? Why do I get dizzy? I do not have sea or motion sickness.

By the way, I have researched natural teeth health improvement, natural hair loss reduction and to be honest with you natural vision improvement seems like the least cost effective method and the most promising one, it's a matter or relearning good habits.

I love what you did by hosting this discussion forum. I am a supporter of free knowledge sharing online, people helping people, this is what its about. I had started a discussion forum called it I Am Whole. You can find it at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iamwhole.org">http://www.iamwhole.org</a><!-- m --> It is a general forum that is for people seeking to be 'whole' in the spiritual, physical, mental, environmental and social sense. Heavily oriented towards alternative therapies.. check it out, all feedback is greatly appreciated. There are a few bugs due to a recent migration of this forum from a different domain name. I can't seem to get people to use this forum to share info. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Wishes of wisdom and peace to all
Thank you, I will try that
I have lot experience with dizzyness.
If your ears, sinuses are clean, no wax, conjestion then;
Shifting, the swing is probally causing dizzyness for a few reasons;

1 - Eye muscles tense, keeping the eyes from moving easy, freely. Shifting is new to you as vision is beginnnig to improve. In time the muscles will relax.

2- Staring, even a little; dont let the eyes lock onto any objects when swinging. Let objects move by in the opposite direction and relax. If you shift on a object when doing a small swing like the sway or shifitng over a object keep the eyes moving: shift easy, no effort on a object, part then move on to another. Dont let any tension, pulling, staring begin. Let everything flow easy.

3- Are you moving the head/face, body with the eyes, same direction?
Moving eyes, head/face body in opposite directions can tense the body, neck, eye muscles, cause diffusion and a pulling sensation, dizzyness.

5- Slight astigmatism can cause dizzyness. Float with it, dont fight it, no worry. Bates method also removes astigmatism.
Imperfect convergence, divergence can also cause off balance feeling and this is corrected with Bates method.

6 - Neck and shoulder tension are main causes of stiff muscles, muscles pulling on the body, kind of pulling in the opposite direction the body is trying to move to or even then suddenly releasing then tensing again causing a push/pull on the body/head and dizzyness.
Neck tension causes eye muscle tension. Neck tension resonates to head, eyes and even ears; muscles in ears, around eustation tubes.
Caffiene, aspartame increases body, eye muscle tension. Neck tension also blocks easy vertebrae movement. Artirits also causes this and dizzyness. Apple cider vinegar and honey, both raw, organic. drink few times week and get sunlight, no glasses, no sunglasses can remove artiritis. Other diet recommendation also.
This is great advice, I do has slight astigmatism, also the strain, and I just got over the flue ... a few reasons to cause it. Thanks for taking the time to explain this as well as you did.
Seeker, good luck with your forum, but understand that people probably just aren't finding your site, and it might not address a need for a specific subject that isn't met elsewhere. When I started this one, the only Bates method forum going in this modern forum format (not Yahoo groups) was Robert's, and I think we're still the only two. I think I had around 200 visitors to the site daily at the time, so I was pretty sure the forum could get going if a small portion of the visitors participated. And even so, for a long while there it was pretty dead.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Yes, Flu, definitely causes temporary dizzyness.
That clears up.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download